• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[AWARDED] IWC 7 Days Portuguese 5001 & 5007 Review and Comparison

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Movement Details :
[/B][/COLOR]ETA uses a type of ball bearing automatic disc on the chain structure, the chain structure is currently used by the vast majority of the watch, the durability of this structure is very positive, but not on a chain efficiency, and Seiko magic Lever is a hook jaw cannot be compared. So - On Gen, more than 10 hours can be worn over the full winded, and REP i guess it takes more than 20 hours of normal wear to fully wind. Power Reserve on REP is 122 hrs and Gen is 168 hrs, difference of 46 Hours. Movement type engraved on GEN is 51011?but on REP is 61016. Gen beat rate is 21600 and REP beat rate is 28800 (Better!!!)
Seems to me that the movement should be reliable.. heck , even better than gen ..after all 28800 is always better than 21600..lol

Oooh and made by the dandong factory.. I would have preferred dabong factory..

Sent from my SM-T807T using Tapatalk

sunny301

4/8/15
this is a great thread buy equally confusing. While both YL & ZF have their pros and cons, which one is better and closer to gen overall?

Or should i ask - which one do you prefer overall?

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
this is a great thread buy equally confusing. While both YL & ZF have their pros and cons, which one is better and closer to gen overall?

Or should i ask - which one do you prefer overall?

As far as I could comprehend it, the majority are on the ZF as an overall better one.

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12
As far as I could comprehend it, the majority are on the ZF as an overall better one.

I think too many people are banking on the ZF "name". I think there are aspects to the new factory which make that watch way better. Principally, the font thickness and the shape of the hands. The case used to be wrong but now its been fixed to which seems to be identical to ZF.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
I think too many people are banking on the ZF "name". I think there are aspects to the new factory which make that watch way better. Principally, the font thickness and the shape of the hands. The case used to be wrong but now its been fixed to which seems to be identical to ZF.

So you mean now the YL is better than the ZF? which YL version? V3?

sunny301

4/8/15

Thanks Jonathan. i felt the same way, just needed someone else to confirm the same. I am off to ordering 1 now. Cheers

Sbybbuser

I'm Pretty Popular
20/7/12
I think one of the most important thing is the dial color. Which one is closer to gen. Based on the pictures posted, ZF has a creamy look while the YL has a solid white color, zf is closer to gen, correct?

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
I think one of the most important thing is the dial color. Which one is closer to gen. Based on the pictures posted, ZF has a creamy look while the YL has a solid white color, zf is closer to gen, correct?

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

Yes, the ZF colour is way better than YL. So based solely on this as a MAJOR tell, one could derive the ZF is better right now.