• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Mattie123

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
27/11/22
@Mattie123 Two posts up there's THREE locals mentioned...

This ACTUAL thread mentions all of them and their work + feedback! Some of which is literally from days ago.
Thank you.

Would anyone have a recommendation for a rep friendly repair service here in Perth ?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Have a great holiday and a happy new year

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
An actual thread dedicated to AUSTRALIAN rep friendly watch makers???

That would be awesome and helpful.

If it happens. It should be stickied!

None in Perth @Mattie123 - however I repeat there are THREE active in Australia and we have a national postal service that works.

Oh and have a look through THIS STICKIED THREAD as advised.

Tommygunzzzz

Sorry who are?
Supporter
Certified
16/12/21
Australia
Another shoutout for @tongsui shipped him my 116500 panda to swap out dial and bezel as I prefer my 116520. Shipped on Saturday and it has arrived back to me just now. Very happy with the result and he kept me updated with photos and videos throughout the whole process. Highly recommend!

KhuMJ2.jpeg

KhuuWE.jpeg

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Another shoutout for @tongsui shipped him my 116500 panda to swap out dial and bezel as I prefer my 116520. Shipped on Saturday and it has arrived back to me just now. Very happy with the result and he kept me updated with photos and videos throughout the whole process. Highly recommend!

KhuMJ2.jpeg

KhuuWE.jpeg
Thank you bro , enjoy the new look watch ! ;)

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Thanks yet again @marrickville

How fortunate we are for his being a forum member and how well he does what he does and how he does it! What a gentleman.

I loved my old Omega SM. I knew it wasn't water resistant but stupidly forgot it was on my wrist and swam in seawater.

Opened and tried to blow dry it but I knew I was grasping at straws

He offered and took the task on to try and save it within 24 hours. No expectations and yup, the movement was a goner.

Hands and dial saved and if anything she looks a little more aged and more the part

I found expensive vintage omega movements but he hung in there and sourced one for 1/3rd the price.

He also found a tube and updated her to accomodate a screw down crown. Which the factory ended up doing a number of years down the track to resolve crown issues on their gens.

As she was a military T he also sorted fixed bars to replace the springed I had

When I first got her he helped get rid of the rep tell tales and opened up the 6 and 9 and rid her of the marker footers.

Really everything about her appeal is thanks to M

Here she is back on my wrist.

So happy

Mat_w

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/24
Australia

How fortunate we are for his being a forum member and how well he does what he does and how he does it! What a gentleman.

I loved my old Omega SM. I knew it wasn't water resistant but stupidly forgot it was on my wrist and swam in seawater.

He offered and took the task on to try and save it within 24 hours. No expectations and yup, the movement was a goner.

Hands and dial saved and if anything she looks a little more aged and more the part

I found expensive vintage omega movements but he hung in there and sourced one for 1/3rd the price.

He also found a tube and updated her to accomodate a screw down crown. Which the factory ended up doing a number of years down the track to resolve crown issues on their gens.

When I first got her he helped get rid of the rep tell tales and opened up the 6 and 9 and rid her of the marker footers.

So happy

That’s a great looking piece mate. Glad it could be revived.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under

So happy

Mate. That's a great story.
I know the answer - but IF you EVER want to sell this I'll gladly take it off your hands!