• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs VRF - GMT II 116710LN (clone 3186) - GAMECHANGING BATTLE.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
occb2 your input and experience is priceless and greatly appreciated, as always.

If I may, it’s worth noting that the movement tabs are what we’ve had for years—even on all current Rollie reps. The tabs coming lose are not a common issue. At least not with me, and I’ve had over 40 Rollie reps over the years.

In a perfect world, all Rollie reps would have the movement screws instead of tabs. That said, I have not had a VRF in person to compare, but I do have the ARF and the refined case machining and satin finish scream quality. I don’t mod, so I’m impressed overall with the ARF in every way. That’s just me.

I think you and I got the first two ARF. My movement has been solid over 2 months now.
d028021970287d7b5c61dad3c684cf58.plist

I agree 100%. Great reps!

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Absolutely! The ARF is better than the VRF bezel wise.....

The ARF case will accept real crystal, real bezel, real movement. What I have not checked on either watches is the tube. But the rep tubs have gotten so good, unless there is a leak coming from them I leave them alone. Plus a lot of reps you need to tap and countersink to get a real tube in. The newer JF and ARF and even the VR's a real 704 fits very well and catches well.

Hope this helps.

PHP:
great stuff. I have my hopes pinned on the ARF BLNR I just hope that they can get the bezel insert right. Until then I will gladly wear my GMF ICHS rep.

Reactions: ginopino

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
A GMTII with a cloned Rolex movement and no longer an ICHS or a CHS timebomb and you don't think it is a gamechanger?
I think it's momentous.
It is just that I am not into the LN otherwise I would have ordered one also.
If they can pull off a BLNR with a reasonable bezel insert i.e. comparable to the one on my GMF I will be first in line. Same for a CHNR and while I am at ut probably the BLRO too .....

I think my post was misunderstood, no denying the development of GMT movements, like the noob 4130, is groundbreaking.

My post was merely pointing out that GAME CHANGING BATTLE in all uppercase is a little dramatic.

If anything I have a lot more respect for VRF for having a watch ready to release. And a lot less respect for ARF for misleading ppl pretending their watch was ready, when it wasn’t and lots of ppl are left waiting with TD’s holding on to their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I think my post was misunderstood, no denying the development of GMT movements, like the noob 4130, is groundbreaking.

My post was merely pointing out that GAME CHANGING BATTLE in all uppercase is a little dramatic.

If anything I have a lot more respect for VRF for having a watch ready to release. And a lot less respect for ARF for misleading ppl pretending their watch was ready, when it wasn’t and lots of ppl are left waiting with TD’s holding on to their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think it was misunderstood. I understood it perfectly. I just gravely disagree. ARF has been talking for a while about the GMT with the SH3186. VRF just jumped on it quick and made one. Neither at this point are good out of the box. I just got the VRF batman and the bezel is a joke. Crystal is terrible. Hands are terrible. Dial is nice. Movement is actually keeping good time and I had to adjust 10 days with out one slip. So respect goes to neither of them. They both threw together a watch not ready for production, My ARF dial fonts are too big but hands are better. Bezel is better.

I sound like a broken record. You are more than entitled to your opinion brother. But read this thread. It is now 26 pages long and there are other threads with just as long about builds with combo of the two and pictures of amazing builds. So I think a majority of us here at RWI believe the post that it is a GAME CHANGING BATTLE. You don't have to brother.

Reactions: Nivka

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
occb2 I have a superfranken that is noob basedI don't like the sel fit and it bothers me after spending so much $$$. Do you think that the ARF GMT bracelet will fit right in?

The daytona ones dont fit and need SEL replacement. I was avoiding going that route.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
ARF GMT bracelet would be perfect fit into a Noob CHS case? I just finished a 116710 noob franken :(

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Did you manage to source and fit the ARF GMT bracelet onto the noob? I'm in the same boat.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
occb2 I have a superfranken that is noob basedI don't like the sel fit and it bothers me after spending so much $$$. Do you think that the ARF GMT bracelet will fit right in?

The daytona ones dont fit and need SEL replacement. I was avoiding going that route.

A lot of the SEL issues have to do with the push pins. What is wrong with your SEL? Gap, ride too high or low? The ARF and the VRF are both good bands and have ok SEL with either cases. The reason I picked the ARF is the clasp was smother and also the engraving is the proper 78200 instead where the VRF used 97200 which is a sub band. But the VRF isn't a bad band. I don't know what VRF was thinking by putting 126720 on the case and 97200 on the band. LOL. I think Princewilliam said, they were just trying to pump them out and get them out first. ARF was attempting to take their time. For the past year they have been telling me after this CNY. Then VRF jumped in.

I do have a customers noob case here I can throw on the ARF or the VRF band and take pics tomorrow for you. Just remind me by PM.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
A lot of the SEL issues have to do with the push pins. What is wrong with your SEL? Gap, ride too high or low? The ARF and the VRF are both good bands and have ok SEL with either cases. The reason I picked the ARF is the clasp was smother and also the engraving is the proper 78200 instead where the VRF used 97200 which is a sub band. But the VRF isn't a bad band. I don't know what VRF was thinking by putting 126720 on the case and 97200 on the band. LOL. I think Princewilliam said, they were just trying to pump them out and get them out first. ARF was attempting to take their time. For the past year they have been telling me after this CNY. Then VRF jumped in.

I do have a customers noob case here I can throw on the ARF or the VRF band and take pics tomorrow for you. Just remind me by PM.

occb2 Firstly, I appreciate the super quick response! It would be amazing to see the ARF on the noob case.

My current bracelet is noob + ARF clasp. My noob SEL was not recessed and was later recessed by Jon but it altered the SEL finish since he did it manually and I'm slightly anal about it, particularly because I'm not letting go of this watch for a long time (it is all gen including the movement except the case and bracelet)

Here are some photos. Just carefully look at the brushed part of the SEL and you will notice what I'm saying. It is bothering me more than the non-uniform recess.

8bc2b14bb9ed68d4c31864c4e209051e.jpg

5745365f73a6cc14444f228c3bda7806.jpg

I will drop you a PM to remind.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I see what you are talking about. I will look to see the fit when I get home tomorrow evening and post pics. Can you just do me a favor an PM me tomorrow. I will forget. LOL. Lot on my plate.

bose2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
Bought ARF and bought gen datewheel. It doesnt work. The wheel doesn’t turn. When i put the ARF datewheel back, it works. Weird, I put them close together and can’t notice any difference in size or diameter. I’m puzzled, and sad the original isn’t working.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
occb2 Firstly, I appreciate the super quick response! It would be amazing to see the ARF on the noob case.

My current bracelet is noob + ARF clasp. My noob SEL was not recessed and was later recessed by Jon but it altered the SEL finish since he did it manually and I'm slightly anal about it, particularly because I'm not letting go of this watch for a long time (it is all gen including the movement except the case and bracelet)

Here are some photos. Just carefully look at the brushed part of the SEL and you will notice what I'm saying. It is bothering me more than the non-uniform recess.

8bc2b14bb9ed68d4c31864c4e209051e.jpg

5745365f73a6cc14444f228c3bda7806.jpg

I will drop you a PM to remind.

The Noob v10 GMT 116710 SELs are perfect ootb. See pictures of my franken using the Noob v10 case.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Bought ARF and bought gen datewheel. It doesnt work. The wheel doesn’t turn. When i put the ARF datewheel back, it works. Weird, I put them close together and can’t notice any difference in size or diameter. I’m puzzled, and sad the original isn’t working.

Did you purchase a gen 3135 or 3186 date disc?
Anyway, both should be the same.
Maybe ARF has the same issues as on their SH3135s. Gen date Discs do also fit only on random movements without modifications.
That would be a very bad finding. Anyone else experienced this issue?
VR movement takes gen date without any issues

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
The Noob v10 GMT 116710 SELs are perfect ootb. See pictures of my franken using the Noob v10 case.

That does look good! Why did you go for noob over ARF?

I'm thinking if I should move the entire watch to the new base v10 or ARF or just try the new bracelet.

Waiting for occb2 also to respond.

srhoque

28/11/18
That does look good! Why did you go for noob over ARF?

I'm thinking if I should move the entire watch to the new base v10 or ARF or just try the new bracelet.

Waiting for occb2 also to respond.

Both the ARF and VRF cases have terrible rehaut, they are sanded (or not) poorly, Also, Mike who built this watch had historical experience building on this case and the custom movement holder required. I did both LN and BLNR and both cases have awesome SEL.

Good luck with whatever way you go!!

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
All GEN beside Case and movement:

VRF Base + VR3185 Movement (With GEN Parts)
GEN Dial
GEN Hands
GEN Bezel complete assembly
GEN Datewheel
GEN Crystal
GEN Crown
GEN Tube
GEN Bracelet

b29f6ac194fdbcd646f7c9ca3c7c9251.jpg

Will add more pictures in a separate thread in the coming days :)

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

GEN Dial
GEN Hands
GEN Datewheel
GEN Crystal
GEN Crown
GEN Tube
GEN Bracelet

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17

GEN Dial
GEN Hands
GEN Datewheel
GEN Crystal
GEN Crown
GEN Tube
GEN Bracelet

Dann, where did you get the insert from

Reactions: Dissemination

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Dann, where did you get the insert from

I was just thinking I probably made a mistake going for a 116710ln build... but then I realized... I could end up waiting many many months, or years, for that insert. And that my whole build would cost about the same anyways lol.

One day though. One day...

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS

GEN Dial
GEN Hands
GEN Datewheel
GEN Crystal
GEN Crown
GEN Tube
GEN Bracelet

How much did you spend on the bezel? :eek:

srhoque

28/11/18

GEN Dial
GEN Hands
GEN Datewheel
GEN Crystal
GEN Crown
GEN Tube
GEN Bracelet

Wow, that’s one classy build. Looks amazing!! Where did you source the gen bezel/insert from?

I have a similar build (With Noob case) and using aftermarket insert. Looking for a gen bezel/insert is like looking for diamonds in my backyard.

Reactions: leo6929