• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
I mentioned this before but the Horlogear stated OD is 37.5mm, gen is ~37.65mm.

The Horlogear inserts are an exact fit to the BP Sub bezels but they will leave a noticeable gap to the lip on a gen or gen-spec bezel like the RAF ARF JF TC.

This also means they will not snap fit like a gen-spec insert and adhesion must be used which is a real challenge on a 5 digit bezel.
This must be why Horlogear includes an adhesive ring?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This must be why Horlogear includes an adhesive ring?
Must be, but that's not a great way to adhere an insert to a 5 digit bezel. The sticky ring gets pushed down into the teeth and then the goo gets picked up by the click and spread around.

I always use epoxy. You can spread an extra thin narrow coat onto the underside of the insert at the outer edge, then press the insert. Or dab the tiniest of drops onto the tops of 1/3 or 1/2 of the teeth before pressing. Carefully tape the insert in place in about 3 places and turn the bezel upside down to cure. This keeps the glue from running down into the teeth.

You can pre-mark the correct rotational placement of the insert with a Sharpie by installing the bezel temporarily to the case. Then place the insert, align it and draw a couple Sharpie lines across the bezel to the insert. This way you don't end up half a click off. The marks come right off with alcohol (sometimes without) so be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDuck888 and 2841

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Can't comment firsthand. Just pointing out that the stated OD is not the same as gen. Someone else who has ordered one please post your findings.
Snaps perfectly into place as per Gen (on both V7X Pennsylvania V2 and Gen bezel rings) - no gap. Very tight fitment.

Don’t have digital callipers to measure, however. Also, not sure about this “adhesive” people are talking about. Mine didn’t come with one.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Snaps perfectly into place as per Gen (on both V7X Pennsylvania V2 and Gen bezel rings) - no gap. Very tight fitment.

Don’t have digital callipers to measure, however. Also, not sure about this “adhesive” people are talking about. Mine didn’t come with one.
Good to know thanks bro.

Reactions: 5ive-Digits-0nly

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland

Thanks for sharing! Which color did you end up getting? I'm very tempted by the green after your feedback

Reactions: 5ive-Digits-0nly

FenixW

Still New
20/7/15
Sweden
Looks like the ”budget” VR that has painted text instead of engravings. Still better than SA and SH options

Reactions: mcboom

VintageSubEnjoyer

Getting To Know The Place
21/9/23
These worth buying or is there a v3 in the works? Been looking for one for a bit on other forums/here. Might have to be patient?