• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Takumar

Still New
7/9/23
I did my homework and studied this thread to be prepared for my QC pics.
So here they are. The minus and plus points that i can see are:

- Date is way too high
- Dial not centered (its too far left)
- Upper right lug looks bad?

+ Almost no lume mismatch
+ Crown looks flush to me

Reactions: krizzy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I did my homework and studied this thread to be prepared for my QC pics.
So here they are. The minus and plus points that i can see are:

- Date is way too high
- Dial not centered (its too far left)
- Upper right lug looks bad?

+ Almost no lume mismatch
+ Crown looks flush to me

Agree with all your findings except the top right lug. That's a little piece of masking tape sticking up from the bottom of the lug, placed there to protect it from a springbar tool.

Anyone doubting the DW being off center vertically should read the thread below.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

That alone is a RL for me, there is no easy fix for that.

FaekieOne

18/1/22
Not a TD, but there is a Alibaba vendor (Sillan) that sells what I believe are the RAF version 16610 cases for $200 a piece. I went this route to build both an LV and LN, as I get more satisfaction out of the building process.

I've been looking at the Sillian store before for parts but never bought from them. Guessing it's the same one.

Or try this...
OH FO’FUX SAKE! I’ve been buying these fully assembled ARF’s just to remove everything to replace them with gen parts. This would’ve been the easiest and smartest way.

Reactions: Thecloudhopper

Takumar

Still New
7/9/23
Agree with all your findings except the top right lug. That's a little piece of masking tape sticking up from the bottom of the lug, placed there to protect it from a springbar tool.

Anyone doubting the DW being off center vertically should read the thread below.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

That alone is a RL for me, there is no easy fix for that.
Right. In the second picture with the tilted watch, this effect is even "pulling" the DW-Number more to the middle. And you can still see, that it´s way off. Sad....

Since this is my first TD order... what are the next steps? Can they fix it? Or should i ask for a completely new one?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
- Date is way too high

Right. In the second picture with the tilted watch, this effect is even "pulling" the DW-Number more to the middle. And you can still see, that it´s way off. Sad....

Since this is my first TD order... what are the next steps? Can they fix it? Or should i ask for a completely new one?

Agreed! I would reject that too based on the date alignment (and there is no guarantee that it can be fixed: sometimes the dial window is cut in the wrong location from factory).

Jtime is friendly: you can tell them that you reject the qc picture because of the date misalignment. They will hopefully source another sample and notify you for QC approval again (accept / reject

Reactions: KJ2020 and Takumar

shotgun

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
[ url=https://clickpix.org/image/9FE7C3D5-C8E5-4430-A886-500A0412C34D.H87pOo]
H87pOo.jpeg
[/url] [url =https://clickpix.org/image/EFDEFEFF-FA0A-4269-8B8D-EAD724A45A12.H87XaW]
H87XaW.jpeg
[/url]

Modded hands..now match at
98% with index…✅

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
Nitpick: I believe the lume rectangles on the hour and minute hands should be equivalent width on the LN (please, someone correct me if I’m wrong). On this watch it seems like the minute hand is a tad too narrow. The JF you posted pictures of looks like it has the hand width correct.
Just to correct myself here: I was wrong. At some point Rolex did change the style of the 16610 minute hand so that the lume rectangle on the minutes hand is more narrow than on the hour hand (ref: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/different-hands-on-rolex-submariners.105495/post-719183).

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
Someone show this thread to VSF or Clean, 39 pages on a older Submariner, if that isn't a tell that people are fiending for a high quality rep of a 5 digit sub then idk what will

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Someone show this thread to VSF or Clean, 39 pages on a older Submariner, if that isn't a tell that people are fiending for a high quality rep of a 5 digit sub then idk what will
Unfortunately we are a tiny fraction of the rep market. Most folks buying reps - outside of this forum - don't really love watches - they're in it for the flex.

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
Unfortunately we are a tiny fraction of the rep market. Most folks buying reps - outside of this forum - don't really love watches - they're in it for the flex.
Even then I would say the a majority of people on this forum are in it for the flex as well lol

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house

Better analysis coming in the morning, for now just a lume shot. Definitely mismatched on this one also
Is that how it comes from ARF?
The lume looks like BGW9 (chromalight) - blueish/turquoise

This would be wrong for the Kermit.
Kermit has SuperLuminova - C9 - which is green.
Hrpvp5.jpeg

Reactions: krizzy

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland
Is that how it comes from ARF?
The lume looks like BGW9 (chromalight) - blueish/turquoise

This would be wrong for the Kermit.
Kermit has SuperLuminova - C9 - which is green.
Hrpvp5.jpeg
Indeed that's how the stock ARF was when I received it.
As other pointed out, a relume is probably the best option, I might consider it later on.

The bezel issue is muh more annoying imo, I'll place an order for replacement spring and bezel washer

Reactions: dk2852