• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
These are so similar to RAF that it's hard to believe RAF is not a partner/subsidiary/pseudonym for ARF.

There are some improvements over previous ARF/RAF models.

The movement indeed looks like a VR, Ryan is calling it an SH V2. There are some tiny differences to what we know as the VR, but not significant. Noted at red dots. Datewheel does look a little bold in some pics. It looks OK to me on the no rehaut LN. Cyclops looks slightly crooked on this sample, that's a QC issue.

HUuR11.jpeg

HUvqTS.jpeg

Overall this offering looks great, the case (CG exception noted below), dial, hands, bezel, insert, bracelet, clasp all look excellent. If the bezel operates better than the RAF, that will really seal this deal.

The clasp coronet is nicely centered and looks great next to my gen.

HUuSoI.jpeg

On the downside, the insert has the characteristic (and un gen-like) ARF long tail on the top of the 2 digit. Oh well. Also ARF/RAF continue to be oblivious to the fact that the CGs need to be longer. Here are four random actual gens, and a closeup to the new ARF. Also note the ARF crown platform for the coronet is too thick and pronounced, it should lie flatter.

HUuFg4.jpeg

HUufMj.jpeg

HUuNHv.jpeg

Last edited:

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
These are so similar to RAF that it's hard to believe RAF is not a partner/subsidiary/pseudonym for ARF.

The movement indeed looks like a VR, Ryan is calling it an SH V2. There are some tiny differences to what we know as the VR, but not significant. Noted at red dots. Datewheel does look a little bold in some pics. It looks OK to me on the no rehaut LN. Cyclops looks slightly crooked on this sample, that's a QC issue.

HUuR11.jpeg

HUvqTS.jpeg

Overall this offering looks great, the case (CG exception noted below), dial, hands, bezel, insert, bracelet, clasp all look excellent. If the bezel operates better than the RAF, that will really seal this deal.

HUuSoI.jpeg

On the downside, ARF/RAF continue to be oblivious to the fact that the CGs need to be longer. Here are four random actual gens, and a closeup to the new ARF. Also note the ARF crown platform for the coronet is too thick and pronounced, it should lie flatter.

HUuFg4.jpeg

HUufMj.jpeg

HUuNHv.jpeg
Wow that was fast...

Great insight about the whole story! Thank you very much for this.

Reactions: KJ2020

gtageek

Getting To Know The Place
14/5/23
Los Angeles

HUuR11.jpeg

HUvqTS.jpeg

HUuSoI.jpeg

On the downside, ARF/RAF continue to be oblivious to the fact that the CGs need to be longer. Here are four random actual gens, and a closeup to the new ARF. Also note the ARF crown platform for the coronet is too thick and pronounced, it should lie flatter.

HUuFg4.jpeg

HUufMj.jpeg

HUuNHv.jpeg
Thanks for this comparison, I agree on the CGs but we have to take what we can get!

Reactions: KJ2020 and vince23

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
at this point many of the gen's are deadly polished and lost a lot of material. So I think we can swallow that pill. Everything else just looks awesome. If the dw/crystal is an issue, that is easily replaced.
Very true bro, many gens will be polished. It's when the rest of the watch looks NOS that it becomes improbable. But such is our folly in our fantasies. It's something most of us can live with.

Last edited:

5digit4ever

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
27/12/19
Not at home at the moment and I have since swapped the movement for a VS3135, the crystal for a VSF 116610 model and the crown to a VSF so it's not stock anymore.

HURyVj.jpeg
Great upgrades! Inspiring me to do the same to mine. Whose got some VSF goodies for me 🤝

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
if this is true surely the no rehaut will be a TC killer... but i dont have my hopes up.. here's my answer from my dealer...

"ARF is close, I'm not going to source it"

Reactions: bowtiefanatc