• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
lol dude, it’s a fantastic rep. The consensus is clearly not mixed. You’re letting a very vocal minority get in the way of an AMAZING rep. If the flaws bother you in person after living with it for a bit then just flip it.

Absolutely right It is one of the best OOTB reps on the planet.

Even better because it has no need of clockwise keyless, it benefits from a super reliable and serviceable ETA

Reactions: m5smg2 and RBB224

Silvester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/18
Having handled the GEN SD43, the firmness and high pitched clicking sound , ARF is not even close. VRF has a GEN sound on their SubCs, why cants ARF manage the same?
ARF Deepsea 44mm is way better than the SD43.
There is now doubt that the SD43 is a REP when the bezel is turned.

Nobody will touch my f*cking watch!

Reactions: Tigerdragon

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Well there are a lot of gen vs rep comparisons, and all are telling the same result: its a superb rep ootb! And AMAZINGLY CLOSE to the real one!

For all above mentioned fears: these are QC issues, if you no were to look at you get a near perfect watch
My only worry is the mag and probably due to the xtal installation. Should be an easy fix by an experienced watchsmith.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I received mine today and brought it right away to my watch smith who was astonished by the quality. We checked the water-resistance and it passed 10 ATM on his vacuum test, after greasing it it went up to 20 ATM (which is the maximum on his vacuum tester).

I had ordered a gen DW 3135 but I got lucky with the stock disc so I won't change it. The bezel assembly on mine is really good but I will order gen click spring! See the pictures for yourself :)

Next to my gen SD 16600 with a stock green bezel insert.

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Absolutely right It is one of the best OOTB reps on the planet.

Even better because it has no need of clockwise keyless, it benefits from a super reliable and serviceable ETA
And the Ceramic insert is press fitted in the bezel same as the gen. It’s not glued.

Cap-IT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/15
Hi Everyone. For the Asian movement in this Arf SD does the date snap over around midnight or does the date slowly change after 10pm and completes the date change around midnight?

Watch looks great!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Hi Everyone. For the Asian movement in this Arf SD does the date snap over around midnight or does the date slowly change after 10pm and completes the date change around midnight?

Watch looks great!

Thanks

It's a 2824 changes instant (ish) at midnight.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
It's a 2824 changes instant (ish) at midnight.
Like about 15 mins bef mn, it'll flip a little and fully at mn. That's provided the hands alignment is accurate.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Like about 15 mins bef mn, it'll flip a little and fully at mn. That's provided the hands alignment is accurate.

On mine engagement is 4 mins before flip, but flip is ultimately instant. MN or not is just about hand placement as you say.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks !

Great watch too

I'm very tempted by one them , SD43 or Deepsea 44

Globally (dial, bezel, rehaut, hands, index, bracelet, clasp , etc) , which one is the better one ?

Thanks

Bezel vice the 44 is better.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Yes ok for the bezel , but for the other parts ?
The Deepsea 44 has just the bezel better ??

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Pre-shipment pics from my dealer! On thr way to me now, can't wait!
bbe5dfc41e18435db90038a419448e24.jpg

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I received one of these by mistake (was ment to receive the ARF 116610LN ) what a lovely watch, super impressed with the quality and the look of the insert.

Foz71

Known Member
18/10/17
Christ this has been a mammoth read ,although interesting I've now totally baffled my self and have gone near full circle from initially wanting an AR blue face 44 to a V2 SD43 and now with the knowledge that the bezel action is shite ,which would be my pet hate and in my mind a sign of cheapness (rightly or wrongly ) I'm thinking an AR black face dssd 44 and just hope the rest is not out of whack . If I don't pull the trigger soon I'm never going to ,I just wish that one company could get these little detail right on one watch rather that some n one model and some on another. The other issue is non of the TD's I want to use seem to be aware or can see what you guys have mentioned so it just st makes you feel like you will end up with a rep needing attention no matter what or who you go with .I know there not gen or gen price but if we are talking about a handful then f flaws to get it spot on why can't that be done at the factory .
Ive probably sounded like a right moaner but I just want a nice example and as previously mentioned just when I think hats it ,I read a new review and think ,I'll wait a bit longer .????

Hakai

11/6/18
I thought only Logan had an issue with his bezel being not gen like ?
​​​​​​And I read since the beginning.