• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Bezel assembly even more terrible on V2, the click / firmness / bezel play is almost aligned with a REGmariner. i.e not good.

SEL, cyclops, DWO, Bracelet dial is very good. Bezel number cutouts more white on V2.

Caseback engravings not as per GEN

V2 is a better watch than V1 but I urge people to consider other factories as the bezel assembly is a POS.
Do you mind elaborating the case back engravings? Seems pretty well done to my eyes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Do you mind elaborating the case back engravings? Seems pretty well done to my eyes

Not dark like GEN, flip your watch and it look slike a REP.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Bezel assembly even more terrible on V2, the click / firmness / bezel play is almost aligned with a REGmariner. i.e not good.

SEL, cyclops, DWO, Bracelet dial is very good. Bezel number cutouts more white on V2.

Caseback engravings not as per GEN

V2 is a better watch than V1 but I urge people to consider other factories as the bezel assembly is a POS.

Hi John.....I am starting to dislike you.....as everything I am about to pull the trigger on a buy......you f*ck it up by being critical about the bezel assembly. ;-(

Also in your V1 vs V2 comparison, the V2 is on the left and V1 is on the right, correct?

So the title of your post should have been V2 vs V1, right?

You're saving me sooooo much money.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
In terms of the depth of engraving or the colour?

ARF caseback engravings are thinner and less dark. Its possible to sharpie mod not it’s not ideal.

Reactions: m5smg2

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hi John.....I am starting to dislike you.....as everything I am about to pull the trigger on a buy......you f*ck it up by being critical about the bezel assembly. ;-(

Also in your V1 vs V2 comparison, the V2 is on the left and V1 is on the right, correct?

So the title of your post should have been V2 vs V1, right?

You're saving me sooooo much money.

Having handled the GEN SD43, the firmness and high pitched clicking sound , ARF is not even close. VRF has a GEN sound on their SubCs, why cants ARF manage the same?
ARF Deepsea 44mm is way better than the SD43.
There is now doubt that the SD43 is a REP when the bezel is turned.

Reactions: guru and m5smg2

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
rolex_sea_dweller_126600_black_maxi_dial_stainless_steel_oyster_43mm_automatic_17_back.jpg

ARF caseback engravings are thinner and less dark. Its possible to sharpie mod not it’s not ideal.

This is my V2 in reality I don't think the difference is so great.

42867888744_6cda7e89d3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
This is my V2 in reality I don't think the difference is so great.

42867888744_6cda7e89d3_b.jpg
Having handled the GEN SD43, the firmness and high pitched clicking sound , ARF is not even close. VRF has a GEN sound on their SubCs, why cants ARF manage the same?
ARF Deepsea 44mm is way better than the SD43.
There is now doubt that the SD43 is a REP when the bezel is turned.
Im also so close to pulling the trigger but the comments are so mixed. At about post 1500 seems to be so positive but now mixed with some negative opinions. Was hoping this to be good to go ootb, now im confused. :(

So is the V2 lastest batch worth getting? I dont really care about the bezel clicking issue, i probably will never turn it.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Im also so close to pulling the trigger but the comments are so mixed. At about post 1500 seems to be so positive but now mixed with some negative opinions. Was hoping this to be good to go ootb, now im confused. :(

So is the V2 lastest batch worth getting? I dont really care about the bezel clicking issue, i probably will never turn it.

Than it’s a great REP! Buy it.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Will post up some qc pics after approval! Hoping the bezel clicks can be improved, probably it varies through different batch.

Its a common issue with the ARFs, but let’s hope.
Goid luck

Hakai

11/6/18
saxo the rep is superb! Of course it's shit if you put it to a gen and look at every little detail. Like the insert print witch a normal eye can't see anyway. Or bezel click. And case engraving looks black only from up close if you hold it into right light it's silver.

But bezel, bezel teeth, insert, dial, clasp, size, weight, DTW, magnifier are all very very good! So probably one of the best if not the best rep for a Rolex on the market right now. John only provides an objective comparison to provide a realistic picture of you go into serious detail.

However, make sure you get the QC right for:
Magnification
Bezel teeth
Bezel Insert colour
Rehaut allignment

These can be flawed!

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
saxo the rep is superb! Of course it's shit if you put it to a gen and look at every little detail. Like the insert print witch a normal eye can't see anyway. Or bezel click. And case engraving looks black only from up close if you hold it into right light it's silver.

But bezel, bezel teeth, insert, dial, clasp, size, weight, DTW, magnifier are all very very good! So probably one of the best if not the best rep for a Rolex on the market right now. John only provides an objective comparison to provide a realistic picture of you go into serious detail.

However, make sure you get the QC right for:
Magnification
Bezel teeth
Bezel Insert colour
Rehaut allignment

These can be flawed!

From what i read above the 1k+ posts, the magnification is mostly due to the xtal not installed properly (e.g. not pressed in enough?). As for the rehaut alignment, can be corrected by just moving the whole movement a little. Am i right?

Still seems pretty mixed. Not sure if its a good rep or not. :(

RBB224

16/10/16
From what i read above the 1k+ posts, the magnification is mostly due to the xtal not installed properly (e.g. not pressed in enough?). As for the rehaut alignment, can be corrected by just moving the whole movement a little. Am i right?

You won't get any rep ootb that good but of course it has flaws afterall it's a rep :) if you have the money just go for some modification like Gen Datewheel, click springs and Gen Crystal. I was having alot of doubts when i purchased it, after the watch delivered to me i was actually very shocked by how good the quality ootb. I wish i could do a actual real life Gen SD43 comparison with Rep SD43 but i'm still on the list waiting for my gen :(

Last edited:

Hakai

11/6/18
Well there are a lot of gen vs rep comparisons, and all are telling the same result: its a superb rep ootb! And AMAZINGLY CLOSE to the real one!

For all above mentioned fears: these are QC issues, if you no were to look at you get a near perfect watch

Reactions: timnic54

Bigred7078

4/12/16

lol dude, it’s a fantastic rep. The consensus is clearly not mixed. You’re letting a very vocal minority get in the way of an AMAZING rep. If the flaws bother you in person after living with it for a bit then just flip it.