• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Not just the insert engraving paint, the actual bezel itself has numerous reports of the paint coming off.
Don't take it from me, besides the fact that why would you want an ARF sea dweller anyway? The noob version is much better. Unless you're just fanboying for ARF, I understand why you are a little sensitive to criticism.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not just the insert engraving paint, the actual bezel itself has numerous reports of the paint coming off.
Don't take it from me, besides the fact that why would you want an ARF sea dweller anyway? The noob version is much better. Unless you're just fanboying for ARF, I understand why you are a little sensitive to criticism.

What do you mean, the paint comes off the bezel? What paint?

Why is the Noob version much better? Are you going to back that up or are you just fanboying for Noob?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Where do you get your info that Noob is better? It's the other way around. Noob is the one that the fanboys love. I don't have any allegiance I'm afraid. I'll go for what is the best and right now that is ARF v2 or v3. The noob is quite far away.

Show me some posts / reviews of Noob vs ARF, where people say the noob is better? ARF datetext is the only thing that is poor. In fact it was listed as a super rep until they messed up the date wheel so bad...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

"Rolex Sea Dweller 2017 Baselworld 126600 904L ARF (excellent build quality but magnification is wrong and DW font is terrible)"

This is the best version, it's just the V3 ruined the date wheel / magnification. The other comments are fantastic about the watch. Ie, replace the datewheel and the crystal you have a perfect watch...

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Where do you get your info that Noob is better? It's the other way around. Noob is the one that the fanboys love. I don't have any allegiance I'm afraid. I'll go for what is the best and right now that is ARF v2 or v3. The noob is quite far away.

Show me some posts / reviews of Noob vs ARF, where people say the noob is better? ARF datetext is the only thing that is poor. In fact it was listed as a super rep until they messed up the date wheel so bad...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

"Rolex Sea Dweller 2017 Baselworld 126600 904L ARF (excellent build quality but magnification is wrong and DW font is terrible)"

This is the best version, it's just the V3 ruined the date wheel / magnification. The other comments are fantastic about the watch. Ie, replace the datewheel and the crystal you have a perfect watch...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7432407-2-new-126600/page2

You can be quiet now, fanboy.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Haha are you 12 years old?

Regardless of your childish attitude thank you for those posts as I had not seen them. It's still not conclusive. Basically each model has its flaws. And I will say that the noob does have some nice features. I'm going to have to research even more as noob might be more of a possibility than I previously had thought.

You're welcome

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Well neo one thinks the ceramic bezel is painted black and that paint peels off...so I think you know his level of expertise.

Do yourself a favour and add him to your ignore list. I did. Guy is a troll, just look at his previous posts. Always short, abrupt. Just an idiot. Nothing to see. Don't feed the troll and place on ignore. He'll get banned eventually anyway.

Reactions: Flinnt

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Never understand why guys bash others on here. I come here to learn and enjoy the hobby. Let’s put the bs name calling aside and learn.

I’ve had every sd43 built come across my work bench. Every ARF model as well as every noob model. I also have the gen. Now opinions are opinions but I think mine will have some merit as I’ve torn all of these down to nothing and built them back up.

I’ll only speak of latest models.

Bezel
If you get the correct bezel teeth on ARF v1-3 all have variations it is extremely close. The insert does fade as does noob in time. I believe ARF insert is better the engraving is closer and the insert is friction fit so you don’t have to worry about it falling out like the noob. Noob is better on bezel rotation if the retainer is pressed correctly and the hyrtle gasket is not damaged.

Case
Case construction is better on the ARF machining is nicer and gen parts fit easier. Crystal height on noob is incorrect. This can only be fixed by shaving the rehaut. The HEV valve is constructed as gen on the ARF noob is not that great though looks closer in color. Noob is a bit more woky on the rehaut as well.

Dial
Noob wins on the dial and hands. Lume is closer and hands look a bit better

Bracelet
ARF wins on the bracelet feels much more solid as well as Sels are correct on ARF noob is not. Noob runs to the end of the lugs ARF sits just above as gen.

Crystal

Both suck to me

Movement

ARF 2824
It sets time incorrectly like a 3135 no clue why they wasted the time on it. If you have problems with the movement swap for an ETA.

Over all the best would be to get both and mix parts. For some this is not economical. If I were on a budget and wanted to build one that way I would go ARF. Profs correct mag crystal looks good and much cheaper option than gen. Swap the overlay with a gen dw if your font is bad. I’ve seen some ARF that are great.

At the end of the day opinions are like assholes we all have one.

Gen
114406694bbbf24816f23b4d18f899de.jpg

Gen and noob with gen parts
7829b14576199c89e4cd97352053b102.jpg

Gen and ARF with gen parts
fd3e01835be9cac3af923b37d1bc7175.jpg

Noob I just fixed
Gen crystal and bezel insert
9754ec1c82cfd2d9f07d2d4a5176e9ad.jpg

Noobs crappy clone
6d55760dc614cc669def588c0d7b81b9.jpg

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yeah I think I am leaning towards the ARF V3 with Prof mod and gen date wheel...
In the future I can always acquire a Noob v2 (or whatever version they have in the future) and combine the two.

Thank you for the informative post and pictures. Pelagic
Appreciate you spending the time to comment.

Kind regards,

James

Reactions: m5smg2

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
DW overlay with 3235. Original crystal. Brushed bracalet. Oiled and regullated the movement.

Ah nice, do you remember what the crystal code # is? So I can keep an eye out for it.
Brushed the bracelet? I've never heard of anyone doing that. What bits did you do?

Thank you

RBB224

16/10/16
Ah nice, do you remember what the crystal code # is? So I can keep an eye out for it.
Brushed the bracelet? I've never heard of anyone doing that. What bits did you do?

Thank you

You should see Jonj480 work! he is the supporting vendor here! he has really many great work, case and bracelet modding and brushing! his section is Backwoods watch mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonofalich

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Pelagic thanks for another awesome post. And you have the gen. Yes we all have opinions but you know these intimately and for me your opinions are more valued. Respect.

I’ve aways appreciated how ARF does some things in gen form like pressure fit the ceramic insert, not glued. And other things we cannot see like the lug engravings are deep and clear.

I was not aware of of the HE valve being gen like? Not that we’d ever deep-dive with a rep, but do you mean it actually works and releases pressure?

Never understand why guys bash others on here. I come here to learn and enjoy the hobby. Let’s put the bs name calling aside and learn.

I’ve had every sd43 built come across my work bench. Every ARF model as well as every noob model. I also have the gen. Now opinions are opinions but I think mine will have some merit as I’ve torn all of these down to nothing and built them back up.

I’ll only speak of latest models.

Bezel
If you get the correct bezel teeth on ARF v1-3 all have variations it is extremely close. The insert does fade as does noob in time. I believe ARF insert is better the engraving is closer and the insert is friction fit so you don’t have to worry about it falling out like the noob. Noob is better on bezel rotation if the retainer is pressed correctly and the hyrtle gasket is not damaged.

Case
Case construction is better on the ARF machining is nicer and gen parts fit easier. Crystal height on noob is incorrect. This can only be fixed by shaving the rehaut. The HEV valve is constructed as gen on the ARF noob is not that great though looks closer in color. Noob is a bit more woky on the rehaut as well.

Dial
Noob wins on the dial and hands. Lume is closer and hands look a bit better

Bracelet
ARF wins on the bracelet feels much more solid as well as Sels are correct on ARF noob is not. Noob runs to the end of the lugs ARF sits just above as gen.

Crystal

Both suck to me

Movement

ARF 2824
It sets time incorrectly like a 3135 no clue why they wasted the time on it. If you have problems with the movement swap for an ETA.

Over all the best would be to get both and mix parts. For some this is not economical. If I were on a budget and wanted to build one that way I would go ARF. Profs correct mag crystal looks good and much cheaper option than gen. Swap the overlay with a gen dw if your font is bad. I’ve seen some ARF that are great.

At the end of the day opinions are like assholes we all have one.

Gen
114406694bbbf24816f23b4d18f899de.jpg

Gen and noob with gen parts
7829b14576199c89e4cd97352053b102.jpg

Gen and ARF with gen parts
fd3e01835be9cac3af923b37d1bc7175.jpg

Noob I just fixed
Gen crystal and bezel insert
9754ec1c82cfd2d9f07d2d4a5176e9ad.jpg

Noobs crappy clone
6d55760dc614cc669def588c0d7b81b9.jpg

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hi guys,

I have had this watch for a year and I love it ! The build is incredible !

Nonetheless, I am not a huge fan of the ARF's magnification. So I have been wanting badly to upgrade its crystal but it has proven mission impossible to source a genuine one for that specific model.

I am now considering 2 options and I wanted to hear your opinions on which is best :
1) remove the mag (done in the "gen world" too)
2) go for a prof crystal (which I find expensive +250$)

Thanks
J.

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Hi guys,

Nonetheless, I am not a huge fan of the ARF's magnification. So I have been wanting badly to upgrade its crystal but it has proven mission impossible to source a genuine one for that specific model.

I am now considering 2 options and I wanted to hear your opinions on which is best :

Thanks
J.

Hi mate. Try to contact bananasplit member, if he can source it, the original.

You can send to proof the arf crystal, for apply the Ar.

The stock crystal from proof, has'nt the LEC.

Reactions: bvman

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hi guys,

Thanks
J.

Not sure I understand - you were both looking for a gen crystal, and the prof one is too expensive?

The latter is the only viable option really.

Anyone who removes the cyclops on the gen will have to replace the crystal or be left with a goofy looking AR patch where the cyclop was.

Reactions: RBB224 and m5smg2