• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610LV Kermit 904L

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Safe to say this is equal or better to the last JF no rehaut version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I don’t believe they changed anything. It’s the 904L version of the JF....making it ARF. We’ll see QC pics soon and confirm.

Reactions: Makoto and KJ2020

Makoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/20
Would be great to modify with a VR3135. Then possibly add a Gen DWO and call it a day. But with that movement, is the gen DWO even necessary?

Reactions: buzz483

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Just as a follow up to my previous post a little bit above.. I was fortunate to be able to buy a JF Kermit with no rehaut engraving today!! What an opportunity. I also ordered a gen insert to have installed on it when it’s received.

I’m still exploring the idea of swapping in a VR3135 as well though..

Reactions: watchoself

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Just as a follow up to my previous post a little bit above.. I was fortunate to be able to buy a JF Kermit with no rehaut engraving today!! What an opportunity. I also ordered a gen insert to have installed on it when it’s received.

I’m still exploring the idea of swapping in a VR3135 as well though..

edit

Last edited:

Suux88

22/4/12
I'd like to buy a Kermit as well but the SH make me stay away from the JF, i might go with the ARF VR, i think it's a good move for someone who have no clue how to swap movement lol

there is an ARF VR kermit?

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
After thinking it through last night, I decided myself to place an order today for a VR3135 today myself for my franken build. To me, having a rock solid movement is actually one of the core pieces of being able to enjoy this build. It should be a direct swap with the SH3135 for all the other members who want this ARF but are put off by the movement!

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
After thinking it through last night, I decided myself to place an order today for a VR3135 today myself for my franken build. To me, having a rock solid movement is actually one of the core pieces of being able to enjoy this build. It should be a direct swap with the SH3135 for all the other members who want this ARF but are put off by the movement!

I'm doing same thing for my arf datejust. One of our member will do the overhaul on vr3135 and put gen reversing wheel.
Thinking about frankening my tc sub... but waiting to see few QC pictures of arf sub to make a decision lol

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
I'm doing same thing for my arf datejust. One of our member will do the overhaul on vr3135 and put gen reversing wheel.
Thinking about frankening my tc sub... but waiting to see few QC pictures of arf sub to make a decision lol

Nice!! My ARF Datejust was my watch that had all the issues with the SH movement like poor power reserve. I’m inquiring with oascom here in the US to do an overhaul and full service of the VR3135 during the movement swap process. I’ve heard of people adding gen reversing wheels to the SH for reliability and better power reserve, but not for the VR! Is this a worthy upgrade for the VR?

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Nice!! My ARF Datejust was my watch that had all the issues with the SH movement like poor power reserve. I’m inquiring with oascom here in the US to do an overhaul and full service of the VR3135 during the movement swap process. I’ve heard of people adding gen reversing wheels to the SH for reliability and better power reserve, but not for the VR! Is this a worthy upgrade for the VR?

not sure about the power reserve since I don't see many people complaining on the vr movement, you can look at Tickleshoes review on the 3135 movement comparison it say reversing wheels is way better than sh, but my opinion every little bit of gen parts should be helpful and add more reliability to the movement.

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
not sure about the power reserve since I don't see many people complaining on the vr movement, you can look at Tickleshoes review on the 3135 movement comparison it say reversing wheels is way better than sh, but my opinion every little bit of gen parts should be helpful and add more reliability to the movement.

Accidental double post

Last edited:

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US

That’s cool man it definitely can’t hurt to add the gen parts. Good luck on your movement and I hope everything turns out 110%

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Per occb2 , the VR3135 does not need gen reversing wheels. He states he has never had an issue with the VR.... Save your money!

Thank you! This is great to know. I’m optimistic that the VR will be a good and reliable performer as it is once it’s been fully torn down and serviced.

Have all the parts being shipped to me from different parts of the world.. the waiting game begins

Reactions: cpd2186

Makoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/20
That’s cool man it definitely can’t hurt to add the gen parts. Good luck on your movement and I hope everything turns out 110%

Is it necessary to ad the Gen DWO to the VR3135?

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Is it necessary to ad the Gen DWO to the VR3135?

It’s really up to you to decide if it would be necessary, but the VR datewheel is already a big jump ahead from the bold font on the SH. I can’t speak from experience as to the difference between gen and VR as I haven’t seen them in person. You can take a look at this picture though (not mine). Gen is on top and VR is on bottom.

There is a clear difference between the crispness of the numbering and how vibrant the white background is on the genuine DWO. Gen 3135-16200 datewheels can be purchased for on average $150 in new condition so it’s up to you if it’s something that’s worth the money!

miami_YG

Certified
17/2/17
NY USA
Any chance a member is willing to show QC pics for purposes of identifying what it will look like? I would imagine it should be allowed if website only lists pre production...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Any chance a member is willing to show QC pics for purposes of identifying what it will look like? I would imagine it should be allowed if website only lists pre production...

Same, but apparently none got QCs yet.
I wonder if buy a TC LV is still better than this ARF (rollies beginner level 0 here).