• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

Bigal23

Looking Around
3/11/20
Is it me or are the hands rough on the edges? as if they haven't been smoothed off. it looks gorgeous but the hands look mucky. I hope it's just the pics asI really want an ARF Kermit

ornateLover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
Besides the movement are there any improvements in this version of ARF 16610 over the older one with the Asian eta?

I don’t like clone movements id rather put Swiss eta in all of mine

Reactions: m5smg2

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Is it me or are the hands rough on the edges? as if they haven't been smoothed off. it looks gorgeous but the hands look mucky. I hope it's just the pics asI really want an ARF Kermit

Yes and a little no..
my watch maker have scratched the Mercedes area with his pinset.
tje hour hand an minute hand are very close (still not refined like the gen of course but: Ey it’s rep!)
the second sweeping hand is rough and indeed not have nice polished edges so only change this will. Change a lot IMO..

does anyone know if the gen 16610LN have same sweeping secondhands size as the LV version?

and somebody know if there are aftermarket complete hand sets available (which will be an noticeable improvement over the stock ARF hands)?
Be ouwe I can only find 16610LN hands and as we all know the size isn’t correct and thus to small.

litle update about my personal experience:

even if most of the other members here says it isn’t noticeable the 904L steel is really nice and shiny like the gen.
the dial is really good and have such a crips printing.
the hourmarkers are really nice and rounded an high quality and the quality of the finishing of them is next level.
Today meet with a guy in the supermarket and he had A LV,we checked the case side by side.
and I wasn’t be able to spot really noticeable difference in the lugs shape..
Ofcourse there are 5digit sub fans who are be able to find those,but i am personally so impressed about the quality of the bracelets clasp and case.
I recommend this watch to anyone who’s in to some mods at least the DW!

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Yeah it is and the most frustrating is the fact that I had the opportunity to buy a completely new old stock gen LV hands set.
but @ that moment I already had to much cost and was feeling those where to expensive they asked me 360,- euro ex shipping.
and was waiting for a better deal,since that moment wasn’t very obvious and urgent for me.
and now I regret it..so hopefully I will find one soon for even a better price..

are you planning to buy the ARF?

explorer888

19/10/18

Today get my Kermit back from my watchmaker wow never was into 5 digits but this watch is a banger????????

Specs:
Gen:
3135 movement
DW
Xtal
Insert
Crown

ARF:
Bezel ring
Bracelet
Gasket
Hands
Dial

If anyone can source gen maxi hands pls let me know.

The xtal is without AR?

ziad

27/8/16
Guys, today ive received my new ARF Kermit, its a gorgeous looking watch on the wrist however i feel the bracelet us light in weight comparing to the 6 digit sub i have and to the noob daytona, is it something to do with the 904L SS or is it because it should be an older version of bracelet? Bottom line, is it the same weight as the gen? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

ziad

27/8/16
Guys, today ive received my new ARF Kermit, its a gorgeous looking watch on the wrist however i feel the bracelet us light in weight comparing to the 6 digit sub i have and to the noob daytona, is it something to do with the 904L SS or is it because it should be an older version of bracelet? Bottom line, is it the same weight as the gen? Thanks

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany

You can see that the midlinks are hollow, also the Clasp on a 93250 is complete different to a 6 digit Bracelet not that massive.
You can easily answer your question yourself. ;)

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ziad

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Yeah like it should be indeed.. the ARF doe have it on the cyclops and it give a better look but the gen doesn’t have AR only LEC
That's not right, last models of the LV has a AR Cyclops.
030cac19c2a9565d5abb31104cd2595a.jpg

ziad

27/8/16
You can see that the midlinks are hollow, also the Clasp on a 93250 is complete different to a 6 digit Bracelet not that massive.
You can easily answer your question yourself. ;)

Thanks for replying, so is it the same in gen?

ornateLover

2/8/20

this is historically accurate. A criticism of roles at the time was they were still stamping the clasp rather than milling it like some of the other watchmakers had started doing.

its still an amazing watch :)

HardVision

11/8/20
I got my ARF Kermit today! I hadn’t been to this thread since I pulled the trigger and placed my order, and holy moly it blew up! Anyway here are my thoughts.

First.
After getting it out of the box I was really sad to see that the bezel action and general fit and feel of it is absolutely garbage :(
There was so much rock/wobble that I could almost remove the bezel without a tool and it takes hardly any effort to get the bezel to rotate. To give you an idea, just using my fingers with little effort I can rock the bezel so that one side it raised .020” (0.5mm). After reading around a little bit, it seemed like the “fix” was to remove the bezel and push it back on. I was a bit skeptical about that fix since you’re not actually changing anything, but figured maybe with reinstalling the bezel maybe it would maybe seat down further? But that didn’t work.
I ended up taking the bezel shim washer and lightly pressing it into the shape of a wave spring washer and while I had it apart, I ever so slightly added more of a bend into the end of the click spring that interacts with the bezel ring. I would say that this did very little to effect the overall feel of the bezel but there rock/wobble is ever so slightly less, and had about the same effect with the bezel action. I found a shim and washer set on eBay, not gen, but it’s $30 and I think I’m going to give it a try. It seems like the click spring needs to be about 50% heavier, and the shim washer needs to be like twice as thick as it is, but maybe I’m just being hyperbolic about the shim washer, I don’t have my micrometer on hand to actually measure what’s there and how much more there needs to be.

Second.
The DW is pretty bad, but I was planning on swapping the movement to a VR, which would solve that issue. When I first got it out of the box I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was that was about the DW but after looking at it more and looking at the DW on another watch I came to the conclusion that the white of the DW looks dingy. I thought the lighting I was under was crap but the base color of the wheel just doesn’t make the date pop.

Third.
I was really impressed with the bracelet! The brushing on the sides, the threaded holes for the end link screws, just everything is very nice!

Over all I’m happy with it and really for a sub $500 rep you can’t get too picky, it’s just maddening that it’s so close to being great, but in its OOTB condition it’s just okay.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
I got my ARF Kermit today! I hadn’t been to this thread since I pulled the trigger and placed my order, and holy moly it blew up! Anyway here are my thoughts.

First.
After getting it out of the box I was really sad to see that the bezel action and general fit and feel of it is absolutely garbage :(
There was so much rock/wobble that I could almost remove the bezel without a tool and it takes hardly any effort to get the bezel to rotate. To give you an idea, just using my fingers with little effort I can rock the bezel so that one side it raised .020” (0.5mm). After reading around a little bit, it seemed like the “fix” was to remove the bezel and push it back on. I was a bit skeptical about that fix since you’re not actually changing anything, but figured maybe with reinstalling the bezel maybe it would maybe seat down further? But that didn’t work.
I ended up taking the bezel shim washer and lightly pressing it into the shape of a wave spring washer and while I had it apart, I ever so slightly added more of a bend into the end of the click spring that interacts with the bezel ring. I would say that this did very little to effect the overall feel of the bezel but there rock/wobble is ever so slightly less, and had about the same effect with the bezel action. I found a shim and washer set on eBay, not gen, but it’s $30 and I think I’m going to give it a try. It seems like the click spring needs to be about 50% heavier, and the shim washer needs to be like twice as thick as it is, but maybe I’m just being hyperbolic about the shim washer, I don’t have my micrometer on hand to actually measure what’s there and how much more there needs to be.

Second.
The DW is pretty bad, but I was planning on swapping the movement to a VR, which would solve that issue. When I first got it out of the box I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was that was about the DW but after looking at it more and looking at the DW on another watch I came to the conclusion that the white of the DW looks dingy. I thought the lighting I was under was crap but the base color of the wheel just doesn’t make the date pop.

Third.
I was really impressed with the bracelet! The brushing on the sides, the threaded holes for the end link screws, just everything is very nice!

Over all I’m happy with it and really for a sub $500 rep you can’t get too picky, it’s just maddening that it’s so close to being great, but in its OOTB condition it’s just okay.

Hi bro first of all congratulations with your Kermit,
I have ordered a clickspring from ebay.

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/283666726079

This have turned out to be such a difference,it turns like a safe now!
Really recommend to change it with this one!
I also bend the metal ring a little bit and there’s no play in the bezel and not wonky anymore.

So really recommend to change this.
Also really recommend to change the movement for a gen or VR with a gen DW.

When you’re have done this you will have a watch what’s so gen like!

Enjoy your Kermit and wear it in good health

Sent from the RWI App

HardVision

11/8/20
Thanks for the recommendation! I just placed an order for the click spring and the spring washer, while I was at it I ordered a VR 3135 movement. At least I think it’s a VR, what factory they are produced by is never listed, but it’s got the brass housing for the balance jewel.

Reactions: masterpiece777