• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
masterpiece777 Wow that gen insert is stunning! Thanks for sharing this. How is the fit in the ARF bezel?
68bdb28efd14e1cf19d1ab8d56f0ef01.jpg

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
First of all you’re the fire starter :clap_1:
so want to thanks you in the first place!

also want to thanks all other people who’s given great value to this thread :clap:

Many other threads I see different things happen,especially off-topic arguments,but here is like everybody is really helpful and this is how it should be IMO!

To answer your question regarding the fitment of the gen insert.
it wasn’t that easy like to put on like the stock ARF Pops on and off.

I had measured it and the gen is like 0.1 mill bigger in size so ,I was afraid to put to much force and after a couple times with some force it finely snaps in.
and it’s very snug fitted now!

after I trying it a couple times it had the same size 37.5 for both.
And the thickness was from beginning 0.6mm for both.

Here are some pictures :

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Last edited:

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
That olive insert is gorgeous. Making me want an Lv now but those inserts are a not cheap I imagine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate!
a fully agreed :) it’s makes the whole watch a total other thing than just the stock ARF.
but TBH the ARF inlay isn’t that bad at all.
the Pearl/lume pip is really close and the overal quality is nice aswell but this gives its such a great look?cant wait when the xtal with movement and DW will be installed.
I was intended to send it directly for a gen like brushing and polishing of the rehout.
but when I send it out next week after this guy received he will need 6 to 8 weeks.
so maybe I will wait and send it to my watch maker to change the dial,hands,xtal and movement so I can wear it for a couple months and when the first desk dives shows up will do the brushing and polishing.

I really felt in love with this 5 digit sub!
those luges are so nice and refined especially since I have a smaller wrist.
just can’t. Stop watching it for hours hahaha
For now I don’t think that I will need gen hands ARF hands are really good maybe just only the second sweeping hand.
also the dial is better than I expected!

Last edited:

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
masterpiece777
Thank you nice pictures, nearly the same build as mine.
I will get mine finished at the beginning of Nov.
I a still thinking on changing the bezel inlay but first I will wait on some friends to compare to another gen LV bezel.

Reactions: m5smg2

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Post then already mate just a couple post back
#260 you can see the pictures of the clasp.

Sent from the RWI App

Hi,

Would it be possible to see a side view of the clasp, when opened?
I'd like to know if the pin alignement is still off on ARF, look at the difference between GEN and JF (gen on top):

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
masterpiece777
Thank you nice pictures, nearly the same build as mine.
I will get mine finished at the beginning of Nov.
I a still thinking on changing the bezel inlay but first I will wait on some friends to compare to another gen LV bezel.

Yeah I understand exactly what you’ve saying!
Maybe the ARF Is gen like B5 but the problem is I never have seen any B5 inlays.
But this inlay is such a nice upgrade even if you had any other version inlay this is the color IMO wich makes the watch looks so classy for a sports model.

So if you’re thinking about to go for something special i suggest to check your friends gens ASAP @interactive had a few NOS brand new same color like mine..
And the price he gave me was €600,-(minus shipping) so a steal if you asked me.
check chrono these going second hand with wear and tear for crazy prices..

So IMO your never lose on it.
These only rice and get more rare,and what’s makes a Kermit a Kermit?
The inlay!
The ARF dial and hands are really close already but the insert you can spot form distance.

But all are just personal preference..
And everyone should decide for his self what’s important..

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: m5smg2

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi,

I'd like to know if the pin alignement is still off on ARF, look at the difference between GEN and JF (gen on top):

Don’t have a gen myself bro,
But I will make a picture for you now directly hope you’re be able to spot it from the picture i will make.
I have it currently on a rubber strap since today I received the inlay and had the feeling it must be in my wrist :)

Give me a moment and I will make some pictures and hopefully it’s useful for you

Sent from the RWI App

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi,

Here you go mate I just made some hopefully it’s helpful for you!

let me know you’re thoughts :

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Here you go mate I just made some hopefully it’s helpful for you!

let me know you’re thoughts :

Ah, great!

ARF Clasp is an improvement over JF. Better engraving, better top case, better flip lock (the path for the pin lock in the inside was very rough on JF, seems better now). Note sure a gen one is a big improvement now.
Combined with the fact that bezel accept gen insert without modding the whole watch seems to be an improvement if you plan to use it as a franken base.