• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126600 V2 updated bezel

knol

17/8/16
Quick tease. Had a min to install the gen crystal. Mag is on point looks great.

fcf32058901e8599a35a6544e7c0c013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would it be ok to only change the cyclops to get the correct magnification, you wrote earlier that you got a cyclops from the prof but you were not sure if that would be enough to make the difference

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
would it be ok to only change the cyclops to get the correct magnification, you wrote earlier that you got a cyclops from the prof but you were not sure if that would be enough to make the difference

Did not install the cyclops from prof. Once I had the line on the gen I sold the cyclops from him.

Sent from the RWI App

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Congrats man. THAT now looks the bees knees!! Wear that in good health. Where did u get the gen crystal from? Care to PM me a link?

Thanks. Tough to find very rare and expensive. I’ll ask my source.

Sent from the RWI App

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
yes, but would a cyclops only also fix the issue ?

Yes it would but removing the old cyclops and adding a new one I think is not an easy task. Plus doing that I'm pretty sure the ARF cyclops has decent AR so if you put on another one you will lose he black hole effect.

Best option is to do what Pelagic did and get a gen. Or hopefully ARF start using the damn correct cyclops sooner rather than later.

knol

17/8/16
I did not install it to see if it would help. Install one and let us know how it turns out.

Sent from the RWI App

yes, i might do that. How much is a prof cyclops like the one you bought from him before ?

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I would be very surprised if the mag was not huge on the Prof cyclops as the focal length is much higher on the sd43 compared with subs. I tried a standard rep cyclops on my sd43 as it was a v1 and oversized already. There was no difference because of the distance. The gen which Pelagic has and I will soon must be a special low mag cyclops that Rolex have produced for this model to sit on the very thick crystal.

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
ef6b52b7e9c72940ee280d0fba6a4926.jpg

This cyclop is a big dick in the ass....sorry for my french lenguage...
I and Depp would try to lower the xtal but i don't have space for doing it...
64a0918403e37cc5faaade9c3fa6fcac.jpg

Here we need only the gen xtal because a new cyclop mean lose the ar coating and black hole effect.
My sd43 is the v1 batch so i'm ordering another one(v2).
Another way much more easier could be remove the cyclop and leave the watch without it.
Some gen owners on rolex forum did it because they didn't like the cyclop on a seadweller(first time).
I'm thinking about it....

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Swerepguy

12/2/18
The magnification is wrong! no-one was believing me and it is clearly seen by the picture above by Pelagic. I posted about this problem months ago as I had numerous pieces through my hands.

All the latest ARF Sd43s suffer from this from what I can see.

I have notice the same thing. I think the magnification is right but the distance between the date and the cyclope is wrong and makes the over magnificat. The first V1 was almost perfect but the new one sucks!

peterpl

24/7/11
I have notice the same thing. I think the magnification is right but the distance between the date and the cyclope is wrong and makes the over magnificat. The first V1 was almost perfect but the new one sucks!

It cant be the distance because once the crystal is replaced the mag becomes perfect. Its the mag on the crystal itself that is over-magnifying it. The distance between the Date and Cyclops is the same when the gen crystal is used.

And yes V1 was perfect. I still have a V1 and the mag is spot on.

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Agree with the fact that it is a custom cyclops. I have both the first V1 and the latest V2 both cyclops mags are incorrect. There is a difference in the two crystals. The bevel on the edge is slightly different.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
I’ll try and do a comparison with a gen sub crystal with the gen SD as far as the cyclops goes. There must be a slight difference in the thickness of the cyclops.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Agree with the fact that it is a custom cyclops. I have both the first V1 and the latest V2 both cyclops mags are incorrect. There is a difference in the two crystals. The bevel on the edge is slightly different.

Yep I agree. Also the rep seems to stretch the numbers too as you showed in you’re pic next to the new gen crystal buddy.

Here is mine after lots of modding with Swiss eta + gen dw as an overlay. I’ve also worked on the cg’s and fitted a gen crown tube which currently has the rep crown but gen on route. It’s waiting for a gen crystal to arrive over the next few weeks but it shows you how it looks without cyclops.
245ce3db414088fb1576a113970be343.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pombok

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Yep I agree. Also the rep seems to stretch the numbers too as you showed in you’re pic next to the new gen crystal buddy.

Here is mine after lots of modding with Swiss eta + gen dw as an overlay. I’ve also worked on the cg’s and fitted a gen crown tube which currently has the rep crown but gen on route. It’s waiting for a gen crystal to arrive over the next few weeks but it shows you how it looks without cyclops.

Where did you find the gen xtal?
All of my contacts told me that it's impossible to get....
Which price you'll pay for it?

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
They are very rare and very pricey! I got lucky through a friend but it may be a while before any more come up!

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
They are very rare and very pricey! I got lucky through a friend but it may be a while before any more come up!

Sig...

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07

Looks great!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: botsyboy