• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126600 V2 updated bezel

knol

17/8/16
I reduced the thickness of the dial spacer as it is a bit thicker than needed even with the gen datewheel as and overlay. I did this to see if it would help with the mag issue. It seems to help reduce the mag a bit. Also gives the hands a little more distance from the dial.
Did you do this for both reps or only for the earlier version ?
Datemag and black hole on the latest version looks good to me but I'm no expert ,this is my watch that i received this week, what do you think ?

pASbDOq.jpg

hQzaBwK.jpg

uGPaZtj.jpg

Last edited:

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
I reduced the thickness of the dial spacer as it is a bit thicker than needed even with the gen datewheel as and overlay. I did this to see if it would help with the mag issue. It seems to help reduce the mag a bit. Also gives the hands a little more distance from the dial.
Did you do this for both reps or only for the earlier version ?
Datemag and black hole on the latest version looks good to me but I'm no expert ,this is my watch that i received this week, what do you think ?

pASbDOq.jpg

hQzaBwK.jpg

uGPaZtj.jpg

I mainly did this to give the hour hand more space between the dial. If it’s pressed correctly it sits very close to the dial. Also thought maybe it will help the mag as it will bring the datewheel closer to the cyclops. It’s marginal might not have much of a difference as far as mag goes. I have a gen crystal coming in, we’ll see how it looks. Both versions that I have look the same. If it’s not next to a gen the mag is not noticeable, but if you put them together you can tell.

Yours looks great, only thing that would bother me is the cyclops is slightly out. I’m very ocd though.

Sent from the RWI App

knol

17/8/16

I mainly did this to give the hour hand more space between the dial. If it’s pressed correctly it sits very close to the dial. Also thought maybe it will help the mag as it will bring the datewheel closer to the cyclops. It’s marginal might not have much of a difference as far as mag goes. I have a gen crystal coming in, we’ll see how it looks. Both versions that I have look the same. If it’s not next to a gen the mag is not noticeable, but if you put them together you can tell.

Yours looks great, only thing that would bother me is the cyclops is slightly out. I’m very ocd though.

Sent from the RWI App

i noticed that the hour hand was too close to the dial too and it also seemed a little bit bend so i took the movement out and adjusted that.
what do you mean if you say that the cyclops is out.

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
i noticed that the hour hand was too close to the dial too and it also seemed a little bit bend so i took the movement out and adjusted that.

Might just be the angle of the pic. Didn’t look square against the date window.
55d007d829791051403d4811ba85e0d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knol

17/8/16
Might just be the angle of the pic. Didn’t look square against the date window.
55d007d829791051403d4811ba85e0d6.jpg

it might be off ever so slightly yes , very hard to notice though. rehaut has been adjusted on this watch after qc pics

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Would a tall CP movement (#4) give gen like hand height.

The low hour hand does not look aesthetically pleasing. It makes he hands look flat (non 3D) and they don’t pop like gen.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So the mag on the latest versions is still not fixed? Damn - thats a big shame.

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07

The low hour hand does not look aesthetically pleasing. It makes he hands look flat (non 3D) and they don’t pop like gen.

Hands are still a bit flat. Trying to hold off till the 3235 clone gets released to use gen hands. If it’s awhile I may try and put them on the 2824. Not sure on the pinion size may be able to stake or broach them. Reducing that spacer made a big difference. I’ll post some pics when I get a chance. H4 might even be better.

Sent from the RWI App

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Thanks!

Gen crystal arrived. Going to try and get to it this weekend.

2026edadfabd81336022e02e0d837fd5.jpg
38a5bbc2953e72f43d5318add1a13e20.jpg

dantoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/17
Good work! Thank you for letting us participate. When you are done with the watch it is an absolute superrep in my eyes. The money for the gen would be thrown out the window :)

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Quick tease. Had a min to install the gen crystal. Mag is on point looks great.

fcf32058901e8599a35a6544e7c0c013.jpg

Reactions: tribal

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The difference is amazing! Well done buddy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dantoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/17
Wow!! The difference is absolutly brilliant! Please sell me that beauty :-D

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07

Hand height with reducing spacer. Stock was much closer to dial.
cb6d22654fa077fccc2f8b8a464ea530.jpg

peterpl

24/7/11
The magnification is wrong! no-one was believing me and it is clearly seen by the picture above by Pelagic. I posted about this problem months ago as I had numerous pieces through my hands.

All the latest ARF Sd43s suffer from this from what I can see.

peterpl

24/7/11
Quick tease. Had a min to install the gen crystal. Mag is on point looks great.

fcf32058901e8599a35a6544e7c0c013.jpg

Congrats man. THAT now looks the bees knees!! Wear that in good health. Where did u get the gen crystal from? Care to PM me a link?