• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
That story sound almost like when I got the gen 116613LB, having the ARF at home. Sure, Rolex have a hardly noticable better finnish in every aspect but still, with that pricetag Rolex are in fact extremly over priced.

Just because the gen has a certain dial color you want to believe that it's magic from every angle when in fact Rolex could just as well have choose a color like the rep. And if they did, we would say that dial is perfect/magic.

So in conclusion. The gen dial is not as magic as we want to believe (imo) when compared to high-end reps. Dials are an over priced thing made of a "cheap" material like plastic/metallic coating or whatever. Our head makes up that it's perfect in every aspect since it's made by Rolex. And remember, Rolex do also have imperfection despite of their x30 price.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :D But (you saw that coming ;)), I couldn't disagree with you any more. Gen dial is "magic" provided it is complimented well with other parts of the watch (like crystal, hands, bezel/bracelet choice etc.). Within my Rolex and AP reps, I have been fortunate to acquire gen dials at reasonable price points. When I got my first one (The 116520 white), ended up playing for days with it in different perspectives - lighting, angles, distance between eye/wrist etc. Since then (and till date), I am of the opinion that no Rep dial comes close to the Gen....and this difference gets even more magnified with a gen hands+crystal in front of it. Many rep dials come close, but none can mimic the smooth sunburst, Lume power/accuracy, WG/SS marker shine, printing crispness, patterns (if dial has guilloche, Tapisserie, waves etc.) and most importantly the color hues of a gen (no matter what color you choose - Black, Blue, Rhodium/Anthracite, platinum...). I do agree that gen dials are overpriced though but there is a unmatched quality and visual beauty that comes with it.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18

Edit: Sorry for double post, browser issue.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Well then... let's agree to disagree:D if the price for an gen were twice or maybe three times a high-end rep I would think it's ok but not 20 or 30 the price. The placebo effect is quite an effect I would say...

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
If gen DJ-blue dial were a bit darker and with more saturation and had some slightly different radial effect on the sunburst dial we would all problably think THAT DIAL is perfect... i'm just saying... Rolex sets the standards, yes, but that doesn't make it magic.

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19

oficially new version of arf on puretime,no info yet except pictures

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Robi01

It's just poor English... in the sense that. They're claiming its very close to gen (which it is) and they've also updated the dial.

But the whole "update" is the crown at 6. That's it. Big update :p haha

Reactions: Bobi01 and Grillo

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I think date looks slightly better.

It does look slightly thinner than mine did but could also be a batch issue.

Yeah but don't forget, the TD's aren't dumb. They're a business... they get 50 watches or so and they go through them and pick the absolute best looking one. We will have to wait and see. I'm tempted to order a new one on oyster this time. So I'll give it a week or two and order and give you all some updates.

Reactions: Grillo

Smartbrain

Looking Around
16/7/19
Mine is on the way and it does not have the crown at 6. My question: did the genuine used to be without crown and now been updated or the missing crown is just a tell of the replicas?

Bobi01

2/2/19
Mine is on the way and it does not have the crown at 6. My question: did the genuine used to be without crown and now been updated or the missing crown is just a tell of the replicas?

We spoken many times here,please guys read the threads and rules
dstejust 41 mm started to make that coronet dial from 2018.
all dials are without coronet before 2018.
both are gen but dial with coronet is newer thats all

srhoque

28/11/18
Robi01

It's just poor English... in the sense that. They're claiming its very close to gen (which it is) and they've also updated the dial.

But the whole "update" is the crown at 6. That's it. Big update :p haha

This is big, very big. Really really big. :cheerleader:

The dial is nowhere closer to gen than it was in the previous "v2" version (Markers and Hand lume color is still too white, looking at the Rhodium dial). And the DW still looks disgusting. When will ARF focus on the most important issue. I give up...I guess as long as people will buy, they have no incentive to fix it.

Edit: I went back and looked at the Date pics on the Intime site. They look a bit better than at PT. We will not know until we see real pics. Also, the DW pics look so different when you look at the Blue dial vs Rhodium :(

Last edited:

juanqwert

Horology Curious
8/10/17
Hello there fam! I received my DJ 41 arf from my TD. As promised, I am posting pics. Thank you! Let me know what you guys think!

srhoque

28/11/18

Looks great, enjoy in good health!! Every time someone posts a blue wrist shot, I see a different shade of it :D

Your top right had a bit of SEL gap. Put in some super glue (on the other side so that spring bar and bracelet pushes right) and re-attach the bracelet.

Robi01 is an expert on SEL gap fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

juanqwert

Horology Curious
8/10/17
Looks great, enjoy in good health!! Every time someone posts a blue wrist shot, I see a different shade of it :D

Your top right had a bit of SEL gap. Put in some super glue (on the other side so that spring bar and bracelet pushes right) and re-attach the bracelet.

Robi01 is an expert on SEL gap fix.

Thank you, sir! I noticed the gap too! I’ll try to do that. Thank you!