• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
Maybe it depends at what angel you are looking. But will check it when I see my friends gen.

SKO

Looking Around
24/10/19
Good day,

I am new to the forum and doing my best to take in all the information which is scattered around this forum. Excuse me if i ask newbie questions (in the wrong subforum).

i am deciding on whether i should buy the "DateJust 41 126331 SS/RG ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L Steel Brown Dial Stick Markers on Oyster Bracelet A2824"

after reading some topics on this particular watch, i still have some questions left. Hope anyone can help me out.

1. how does the total weight of the rep compare with the weight of the Gen?

2. How does the 2824 asian movement compare with the Gen? is the difference clearly visible by the naked eye?

3. will there be a new release in the near future, possibly correcting the DW font issue?

thanking in advance for constructive feedback

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Good day,

I am new to the forum and doing my best to take in all the information which is scattered around this forum. Excuse me if i ask newbie questions (in the wrong subforum).

i am deciding on whether i should buy the "DateJust 41 126331 SS/RG ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L Steel Brown Dial Stick Markers on Oyster Bracelet A2824"

after reading some topics on this particular watch, i still have some questions left. Hope anyone can help me out.

1. how does the total weight of the rep compare with the weight of the Gen?

2. How does the 2824 asian movement compare with the Gen? is the difference clearly visible by the naked eye?

3. will there be a new release in the near future, possibly correcting the DW font issue?

thanking in advance for constructive feedback

1/ no, but why do you care?
2/ to the naked eye? It's a closed caseback so you will never see the movement
3/ no one knows

Reactions: federik91

SKO

Looking Around
24/10/19
1/ no, but why do you care?
2/ to the naked eye? It's a closed caseback so you will never see the movement
3/ no one knows

1. I held some (cheap) reps in my hand before which were obviously lighter than a Gen. i could tell it was a rep by the weight and materials alone even though i am far from an expert. I just want to know if the weight of the rep is at least comparable with the gen.

2. I think i asked the wrong question. Can you tell a difference by the way the second hand is moving based on the above mentioned movements?

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
1. I held some (cheap) reps in my hand before which were obviously lighter than a Gen. i could tell it was a rep by the weight and materials alone even though i am far from an expert. I just want to know if the weight of the rep is at least comparable with the gen.

2. I think i asked the wrong question. Can you tell a difference by the way the second hand is moving based on the above mentioned movements?

Weight is comparable

2824 sweeps at the same frequency as gen Rolex 3135 and 3235

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
So today was a good day. I received back my modidfied DJ41...

Following mods:
Genuine Dial
Genuine Crystal
Genuine Date wheel
ETA Genuine Movement
Waterproofed to 30m

I think it looks superb and the lugs are amazing. All in all this cost under £1k and I think it looks as good as the genuine article.

Pictures:

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
So today was a good day. I received back my modidfied DJ41...

Following mods:
Genuine Dial
Genuine Crystal
Genuine Date wheel
ETA Genuine Movement
Waterproofed to 30m

I think it looks superb and the lugs are amazing. All in all this cost under £1k and I think it looks as good as the genuine article.
ARF OR BP?
Very nice...maybe if you post some better photos for us it could be very nice...maybe on your wrists. Under the natural lights !!!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
federik91 Here's an interesting one for you.
This is my ARF modded rep next to my Genuine Datejust II... lugs are almost identical.
Lighting is poor though so sorry, but I'll get some better pictures in the coming days...

Pictures:

Reactions: federik91

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
do you see a big difference between GEN and ARF crystal?

I mean, yes and no.... yes because the crystal is perfect, it was brand new Rolex blistered.. and looks flawless, the ARF had slight imperfections. But... whether or not it makes a HUGE difference ,is hard to say. The date magnification is the key thing and it matches my gens... whereas previously the date and the magnification were both slightly off...

If you're going to change the date wheel anyway... might aswell buy the crystal for an extra 150 and have a perfect rep like mine. The dial isn't necessary... but again... it just makes that bit better!
Gen Crystal + Gen Datewheel are musts imo and that can be done for 300 + maybe 50-100 in watchsmith fee.

srhoque

28/11/18
I mean, yes and no.... yes because the crystal is perfect, it was brand new Rolex blistered.. and looks flawless, the ARF had slight imperfections. But... whether or not it makes a HUGE difference ,is hard to say. The date magnification is the key thing and it matches my gens... whereas previously the date and the magnification were both slightly off...

If you're going to change the date wheel anyway... might aswell buy the crystal for an extra 150 and have a perfect rep like mine. The dial isn't necessary... but again... it just makes that bit better!
Gen Crystal + Gen Datewheel are musts imo and that can be done for 300 + maybe 50-100 in watchsmith fee.

Fully agree here. If you go with darker dial colors, gen 3235 date disc and gen xtal is a must. The gen xtal presents am amazing contrast and shine with black/blue/rhodium dials. You will not experience much difference on white though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

Bobi01

2/2/19

Isnt crystal selling for about 300 dolars?