• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Here you go.
a6b1e7c8cd4a86e2c845993a75b8ceee.jpg
7657f398c9e7520d7a5b49d4723dff00.jpg
3b924648a4e9e0d7ae639bf2731771e5.jpg

ee368805cfcc4c25141674cb98ea2d63.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

That looks good, about what I’d expect from normal wear and tear. In the last pic there are three dark spots. I assume that’s just shadow and not something peeling off?

what is your view of the finish of the material and the watch generally?

Thanks

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
That looks good, about what I’d expect from normal wear and tear. In the last pic there are three dark spots. I assume that’s just shadow and not something peeling off?

what is your view of the finish of the material and the watch generally?

Thanks

It's okay! I don't think it's easy to get scratches on it. The buckle gets scratched faster of course.
The dark spots were unfortunately already with the purchase. I didn't see them on the qc pictures.

Rolliearf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
I just sourced all my parts for a franken build commencing this week:

ARF Datejust 41 126334 base
Gen dial
Gen 3235 dw
Gen crystal

Coming in at $1250.

I think this should cover it -- any other suggestions?

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
It's okay! I don't think it's easy to get scratches on it. The buckle gets scratched faster of course.
The dark spots were unfortunately already with the purchase. I didn't see them on the qc pictures.

Thanks. What are the spots? To be clear I mean the three marks on different links in the centre row.

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
Thanks. What are the spots? To be clear I mean the three marks on different links in the centre row.

I have no idea what it is. I don't think it's scratched. Maybe a flaw in the steel?!
I can live with that.

ZenWatch

GENSTEIN
Supporter
Patron
Certified
18/5/17
CONUS
I just sourced all my parts for a franken build commencing this week:

ARF Datejust 41 126334 base
Gen dial
Gen 3235 dw
Gen crystal

Coming in at $1250.

I think this should cover it -- any other suggestions?

That will be a solid Franken!!! Nothing else will be needed IMO

Rolliearf

14/5/19
That will be a solid Franken!!! Nothing else will be needed IMO

I just viewed a gen at an AD and I'm not convinced this will NWBIG even with those mods. The case (lugs particularly) are different, and the clasp feels much more sturdy on the gen. I don't know if it's because it's not had an oil bath but the gen just feels much more solid. My clasp on the ARF doesn't fully close -- it has a rattle and I had to put clear tape between the deployment to stop it.

I used to think it wasn't worth buying gen but i am definitely think i could see an ARF 2m away on someone's wrist.

Reactions: sniffti and Tete

ZenWatch

GENSTEIN
Supporter
Patron
Certified
18/5/17
CONUS
I just viewed a gen at an AD and I'm not convinced this will NWBIG even with those mods. The case (lugs particularly) are different, and the clasp feels much more sturdy on the gen. I don't know if it's because it's not had an oil bath but the gen just feels much more solid. My clasp on the ARF doesn't fully close -- it has a rattle and I had to put clear tape between the deployment to stop it.

I used to think it wasn't worth buying gen but i am definitely think i could see an ARF 2m away on someone's wrist.

Damn you must have some cyclops eyes....

And you’re wasting your own time Frankening aand spending $1,250. Whats the point then lol???

Rolliearf

14/5/19
Damn you must have some cyclops eyes....

And you’re wasting your own time Frankening aand spending $1,250. Whats the point then lol???

I'm going to build it then see how I feel. It's hard to source a gen right now but if I spot a good 123600 in the UK then i'll buy it and swap the gen bezel.

It's possible the franken becomes good enough for me, but if not I'm sure someone here would love to buy it.

Also if anyone releases a model with a better case then I can swap over my gen parts. Like the sub, I'm sure the DJ will slowly get to the point where it is impossible to tell the difference. Given that a service on the gen costs as much as a high end rep, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to buy a gen even though i can afford it.

Last edited:

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
I'm going to build it then see how I feel. It's hard to source a gen right now but if I spot a good 123600 in the UK then i'll buy it and swap the gen bezel.

It's possible the franken becomes good enough for me, but if not I'm sure someone here would love to buy it.

Also if anyone releases a model with a better case then I can swap over my gen parts. Like the sub, I'm sure the DJ will slowly get to the point where it is impossible to tell the difference. Given that a service on the gen costs as much as a high end rep, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to buy a gen even though i can afford it.

Waiting for pics of your mod!

ZenWatch

GENSTEIN
Supporter
Patron
Certified
18/5/17
CONUS

There you go. You said it yourself “It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me to buy a gen even though I can afford it”

Its not NWBIG otb but with the Frankens it is.

Rolliearf

14/5/19
Waiting for pics of your mod!

Will post as soon as I'm done. On reflection it's all just metal. If I didn't know so much about this watch then perhaps it's really hard to tell the difference between a franken and a gen.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Has anyone sourced a jubilee bracelet only from TD?
How long time did it take before it was shipped and then received?

Reactions: Razorig2

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Looking forward to the franken build!

Who knows maybe ARF will bring out a V2 model that will hopefully fix the most noticeable flaws.
Definitely they need to fix the following:
- cyclops black hole effect
- Date wheel
- sunburst effect and the blue colour
- text colour and thickness
- indices thickness

Rolliearf

14/5/19
Looking forward to the franken build!

Who knows maybe ARF will bring out a V2 model that will hopefully fix the most noticeable flaws.
Definitely they need to fix the following:
- cyclops black hole effect
- Date wheel
- sunburst effect and the blue colour
- text colour and thickness
- indices thickness

It's my first build. I just bought some tools from amazon - wish me luck!

What's the issue with the indices?

My view is that even if they improve it I will still be comparing it to gen. So it's just easier to buy complete gen parts and no longer compare.

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

I posted this before and my clasp was rattle too but with this it is tight and no rattle anymore
https://bezelandbarrel.com/a-how-to-tighten-the-rolex-oyster-clasp-and-making-it-feel-new/

corinth

8/2/19
Hello, I also have recently bought a blue dial ARF DJ, and have been thinking the feel and the look of the crown is not up at the level it should have been. Since I have not really seen the gen in person, would anybody shed light on this - if the Crown is an issue or not on this rep model?

Reactions: Razorig2

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello, I also have recently bought a blue dial ARF DJ, and have been thinking the feel and the look of the crown is not up at the level it should have been. Since I have not really seen the gen in person, would anybody shed light on this - if the Crown is an issue or not on this rep model?

What's your issue? If the crown is a bit rattly and not super smooth then it's normal, it's a common rep thing

corinth

8/2/19
What's your issue? If the crown is a bit rattly and not super smooth then it's normal, it's a common rep thing

thanks for answer. it feels stiff, and the actual screw is not polished, and it is like raw metal. is this normal?