• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116506 Ice Blue

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
R5tOf.jpg

This looks good too.​​​​​

Last edited:

gapple

I can't believe how much time everybody spent challenging viewpoints on this post. Time that I spent enjoying my Noob. Everytime I look at it, I see the sunburst. It doesn't photograph as well as it looks. But then, I got it for my pleasure, nobody elses.

Reps will keep getting better and better. You can wait or enjoy them now. I'm too old to wait.

The only complaint I have is they don't come with better lume. But that is what my iWatch is for - nightime viewing.

SmartHoser

Looking Around
2/3/19
I have the Noob Ice blue 116506, but I think I want the ARF version as well for the better dial and strap. I know the ARF does not have a functional chrono, but does the main (large) second had at least move? Or is it stationary?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Isn’t the genuine watch of this model made of platinum? then shouldn’t the SEL be differently protrude than the steel model?

However, the Noob version has same shape of SEL as the steel model, and why is people not much talking about the shape of SEL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Isn’t the genuine watch of this model made of platinum? then shouldn’t the SEL be differently protrude than the steel model?

However, the Noob version has same shape of SEL as the steel model, and why is people not much talking about the shape of SEL?

You're right and people did. Still a cracking watch though.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have the Noob Ice blue 116506, but I think I want the ARF version as well for the better dial and strap. I know the ARF does not have a functional chrono, but does the main (large) second had at least move? Or is it stationary?

The ARF large chrono second hand starts and stops with the top pusher button. It runs until you stop it. No minutes or hours increment because those subdials are frozen. The hand resets to stationary zero with the bottom pusher button.

Reactions: vcappp

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

My Noob Ice blue SELs do stick out past the lugs like gen, although I'm sure it was not intentional! Haha, I win!

SL3Rp.jpg

SLOhX.jpg

SOspa.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
wow why there is a strong texture on the dial ? did you do something? is it from Noob?

You can tell it's an ARF by the individual sunbursts in each subdial. Both ARF and Noob dials have reflective characteristics that make it look like there is texture to them. The photo you asked about is not representative of what the naked eye can see. It was taken at very high resolution and then pushed with filtering software to greatly emphasize the dial's light reflection characteristics. The dials are smooth.

The "texture" you see in the pic I posted above is more representative of what you can actually see.

Reactions: stoyania and vcappp

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
wow why there is a strong texture on the dial ? did you do something? is it from Noob?

It's the ARF version. My phone camera somehow increased the structure/sharpness by itself (huawei p20 pro).

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 is this the latest Noob version or there has been an minor update since you got the watch?

Update to 904L but I don't think the dial or bezel has changed like it did on the 116500/520

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I removed the protector 287gr lol wtf i up with my watch
What? I'm new here so have a hard time telling the serious posts from the sarcastic posts. How is that possible?

And this thread is a perfect example of why I tend to stay away from Daytona models. I really don't like NF features and there are just so many little details that just seem way to difficult to rep.

And each one drives me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
What? I'm new here so have a hard time telling the serious posts from the sarcastic posts. How is that possible?

And this thread is a perfect example of why I tend to stay away from Daytona models. I really don't like NF features and there are just so many little details that just seem way to difficult to rep.

And each one drives me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In this case this game won’t be for you.

jsnap

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/09
Hi all its been a while since i have visited the forum and when needed you guys have always been helpful... That being said i am now in the market for this watch and actually read all 24 pages and learned a lot.. However its a couple of months dormant now and if you guys can without to much fighting (LOL) let me know at present time if Noob or Arf with this watch got any better or worse?? Also if i do decide to pull the trigger and buy please what is the best TD to source this watch from as far as price and reliabilty.... Thanks so much in advance

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
GingerBubba -- I'm contemplating jumping on the ARF factory model. It's been about two years, how do you still feel about yours this much time later if you don't mind me asking?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
GingerBubba -- I'm contemplating jumping on the ARF factory model. It's been about two years, how do you still feel about yours this much time later if you don't mind me asking?

Much the same tbh. It's still running nicely, so that's good. It's far from perfect, the subdials are unquestionably black instead of brown, but I'd still take that over the Noob sunburst issue in the subdials. Not a perfect rep, but still one I like.

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Much the same tbh. It's still running nicely, so that's good. It's far from perfect, the subdials are unquestionably black instead of brown, but I'd still take that over the Noob sunburst issue in the subdials. Not a perfect rep, but still one I like.

Thanks for the response. One more question if you don't mind, you have a 116519 by Noob as well correct? Do you feel the quality and premium feel is equal to that?