• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116506 Ice Blue

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
What are u referring to ? The noob is 785$ and the GEN is 95.000$

Official retail is 85kUSD so I don’t get where you’re getting the 95k from. Grey can be less if you’re lucky and know how to negotiate properly.

gravec

25/5/20
Official retail is 85kUSD so I don’t get where you’re getting the 95k from. Grey can be less if you’re lucky and know how to negotiate properly.

Yes you are right, I just checked chrono there are actually some for around 78k USD. I just saw today that my grey dealer offered one for 95k USD. I didn´t realise it was a sealed one. My bad.

btw, do you know the price for the baguette dial (only the dial)? Or is there a decent aftermarket version available? With real diamonds...

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So I have a QC question and I'm interested in what you guys would do. I received two models I am rejecting cause the 6 marker is not aligned with the bezel. But the 12 and 3 and 9 are aligned with the bezel so it seems like it's just a misprint on the bezel itself.

ZouMNt.jpg
ZouuK2.jpg

I'm honestly not sure if any of their latest batches has a fixed one. Hopefully they do, but is this a deal breaker to you guys? Personally I think it would annoy me seeing a misaligned marker at 6.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I have a QC question and I'm interested in what you guys would do. I received two models I am rejecting cause the 6 barker is not aligned with the bezel. But the 12 and 3 and 9 are aligned with the bezel so it seems like it's just a misprint on the bezel itself.

I'm honestly not sure if any of their latest batches has a fixed one. Hopefully they do, but is this a deal breaker to you guys? Personally I think it would annoy me seeing a misaligned marker at 6.

All of the bezel markers are in correct positions relative to each other. The bezel needs to be rotated CW about 2° and they will all line up with the hour markers. Removing and re-pressing a ceramic bezel is not difficult but it is not without risk of breakage, or without expense if you can't do it yourself. It's not something a buyer should have to address immediately on a newly purchased watch.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
All of the bezel markers are in correct positions relative to each other. The bezel needs to be rotated CW about 2° and they will all line up with the hour markers. Removing and re-pressing a ceramic bezel is not difficult but it is not without risk of breakage, or without expense if you can't do it yourself. It's not something a buyer should have to address immediately on a newly purchased watch.

I see, thanks for your input. So the bezel should be rotated a bit. If that's the case, wouldn't the 12 position be off? Cause right now it seems like the 60/triangle on the 12 position on the bezel is dead-on above the crown. It would be right-adjacent once the shift happens...

edit: I think with more scrutinizing the gen that it is supposed to be ever so slightly to the right at 12. Thanks

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I see, thanks for your input. So the bezel should be rotated a bit. If that's the case, wouldn't the 12 position be off? Cause right now it seems like the 60/triangle on the 12 position on the bezel is dead-on above the crown. It would be right-adjacent once the shift happens...

edit: I think with more scrutinizing the gen that it is supposed to be ever so slightly to the right at 12. Thanks

The apparent positions of bezel markings can change with very slight viewing angles off from dead center so it's hard to tell exactly but I believe a good compromise could be achieved on that one. You can see from the pics below that all the key markers would benefit from a CW rotation. Still, the fact that this needs to be done on a new watch would give me pause about accepting it.

ZoRokE.jpg

ZoR2aX.jpg

Here you can see what I mean about apparent positions. Compare these two pics, taken seconds apart with the only change being the right side is closer to the camera in the second pic.

BgLp8.jpg

BgAaR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasselbaink

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The apparent positions of bezel markings can change with very slight viewing angles off from dead center so it's hard to tell exactly but I believe a good compromise could be achieved on that one. You can see from the pics below that all the key markers would benefit from a CW rotation. Still, the fact that this needs to be done on a new watch would give me pause about accepting it.

Here you can see what I mean about apparent positions. Compare these two pics, taken seconds apart with the only change being the right side is closer to the camera in the second pic.

That's helpful, and I completely agree with you. Thank you.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Also a common flaw on reps that the ceramic isn't straight engraved I had that with my noob v7 and arf v1 but in real life it's a non issue.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So I received another model and it seems to have the same issue. As a matter of fact looking at QC on stock photos on websites of TDs, they all seem to have a misaligned bezel.
ZqOyb5.png
ZqO95F.png
ZqOYTp.png

ZqOM9S.png

I don't think it's worth asking for another one as it seems like this is how these models come now. This is an apparent issue in this batch. Been like this for a while it seems.

I really couldn't live with this misalignment. And I don't want to risk breaking it trying to realign it.

Unfortunately I am thinking of forgetting about this model because of that.

What do you guys think? Would you accept this? Try to fix it? Or move on from this model?

KJ2020 GingerBubba -- does yours have this misalignment issue?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I received another model and it seems to have the same issue. As a matter of fact looking at QC on stock photos on websites of TDs, they all seem to have a misaligned bezel.

ZqOyb5.png

I don't think it's worth asking for another one as it seems like this is how these models come now. This is an apparent issue in this batch. Been like this for a while it seems.

I really couldn't live with this misalignment. And I don't want to risk breaking it trying to realign it.

What do you guys think? Would you accept this? Try to fix it? Or move on from this model?

Mine does not have this issue bro but it's a Noob not an ARF. I did buy an aftermarket bezel that had a misaligned engraving - look at the 120. I was refunded for that. Mine did come with the bezel not fully seated, and had to be pressed down fully.

I get it where you are with this issue, it should not be your responsibility to fix this on a new watch. Real shame, it's a beautiful piece with correct sunburst subdials. Any competent modder could fix this for probably $30 or less. You will have to decide if it's worth the extra trouble.

15831124818781.jpg

15827453530452.jpg

15753484054580.jpg

Reactions: Duckber

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

I don't think it's something that can be corrected, I think the engraving is ever so slightly out of kilter. I think mine has it too, but it's not something I ever see nor does it bother me. The only time it's noticeable is if you look 100% straight on - any slight angle and even a properly engraved insert won't line up.

BTW, the red and green lines you drew on the dial to illustrate your point are some of the best I've ever seen :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip and Duckber

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
All your markers are off anti-clockwise. Rotating it 1-2° CW will make an acceptable improvement, unlike the SS bezel I posted which does have an engraving error.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
One last question before I decide to let go of this model or not. In QC pictures, and some other very nice shots posted in this thread, the dial looks absolutely striking. A nice deep ice blue. But on some Youku/Youtube vids of gen and this ARF rep (here is a link of the ARF in motion in particular I was sent: https://imgur.com/gallery/Jsvd1P0 ) -- the dial seems a bit more muted and not as striking.

In order to minimize a catch and release, is the dial not as deep in normal lighting and is more muted? Is it just that deep blue in certain lighting? Would appreciate some input -- GingerBubba , KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The Noob dial can look very different in various lighting conditions. Even more than the 3 different gradations I showed above. I have always thought the ARF dial was more pale than the Noob, but have never seen one IRL. I think the Noob can look a lot darker than the gen, but I like its various shades.

Reactions: Duckber

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
ZqOyb5.png
ZqO95F.png
ZqOYTp.png

ZqOM9S.png

Individual sunburst!!!! Wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
So I have a QC question and I'm interested in what you guys would do. I received two models I am rejecting cause the 6 marker is not aligned with the bezel. But the 12 and 3 and 9 are aligned with the bezel so it seems like it's just a misprint on the bezel itself.

ZouMNt.jpg
ZouuK2.jpg

What maker is this mate, it has individual sun bursts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk