• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are all the good AP 15400 MIyota Best Edition Gone

Kmmas

7/4/15
What at really is the difference between the case case back? I checked out both online, I couldn't tell the difference....does anyone have a picture of both side by side?

Personally, I went with TF.

Despite the V6F having the advantage of being accurate looking through the caseback, in order to fit the deco plate it brings the case size from 10mm to 11mm. I'd rather have the case size be accurate than have the movement look accurate.

I suppose that's really all it comes down to; sacrifice size to have the movement look right, or sacrifice movement to have the right size.

gregarthur

Known Member
3/8/15
Personally, I went with TF.

Despite the V6F having the advantage of being accurate looking through the caseback, in order to fit the deco plate it brings the case size from 10mm to 11mm. I'd rather have the case size be accurate than have the movement look accurate.

I suppose that's really all it comes down to; sacrifice size to have the movement look right, or sacrifice movement to have the right size.

okay, thanks man for your suggestion! thumbs up!

trilla1337

Renowned Member
27/7/15
I bought the Miyota via M2M - the good watches are never gone, just sometimes delayed...

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
What at really is the difference between the case case back? I checked out both online, I couldn't tell the difference....does anyone have a picture of both side by side?

The main difference between the case is that the TF version has 10. mm. size like the gen. , the V6F has 11. mm because of the movement

Kmmas

7/4/15
I meant the difference from the back... The decorative movement. They say the V6F is more accurate and better in the decorative movement, but I don't see the difference when I checked it out online

The main difference between the case is that the TF version has 10. mm. size like the gen. , the V6F has 11. mm because of the movement

Kmmas

7/4/15
I read somewhere around the forum, someone was saying if you go for the TF factory version then get the black or white and not the blue. Why is that? Is the blue not proper blue like the original? I'm asking because I plan to get the TF version and am more inclined towards the blue

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
I meant the difference from the back... The decorative movement. They say the V6F is more accurate and better in the decorative movement, but I don't see the difference when I checked it out online

I checked the photos online on the TD's website and I no see the difference too..
Anyway I can say that the movement of my TF version is accurate and seems to be close to the gen..

gregarthur

Known Member
3/8/15
I checked the photos online on the TD's website and I no see the difference too..
Anyway I can say that the movement of my TF version is accurate and seems to be close to the gen..

it's different, the v6f have bridge like in the 3120 movement, check this v6f movement
royal-oak-41mm-15400-v6f-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a3120.jpg

compared to tf movement

royal-oak-41mm-15400-11-best-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-miyota-9015.jpg

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
This is an endless debate. You have to decide which one is more important to you. A gen like thickness or a gen like movement. Having said that, can anyone post a wrist shot of the V6F?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It is not just the case thickness, and deco plates, but V6F also has a different dial.

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
[MENTION=109758]gregarthur[/MENTION] : yes looking better you've right
I can post my TF no have V6

upload

Kmmas

7/4/15
I read somewhere around the forum, someone was saying if you go for the TF factory version then get the black or white and not the blue. Why is that? Is the blue not proper blue like the gen? I'm asking because I plan to get the TF version and am more inclined towards the blue

Limztf

13/10/12
I read somewhere around the forum, someone was saying if you go for the TF factory version then get the black or white and not the blue. Why is that? Is the blue not proper blue like the gen? I'm asking because I plan to get the TF version and am more inclined towards the blue

The issue with the blue version is the dial reflects light more than the gen. However, there are claims that the dial has been improved on in the new batch in July (less shiny).

I personally own the TF blue dial from the July batch (got it from Ken aka chazingtime), and all I can say is I'm a very satisfied owner of a very beautiful watch that sits perfectly under the cuff of a shirt. ;)

You can see my accepted QC pic a few pages earlier in this thread.

Imagination beyond imagination

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
[MENTION=109758]gregarthur[/MENTION] : thank you mate :smile: , I got it from ryan on intime.co
[MENTION=100209]Kmmas[/MENTION] : before buying mhy TF , I went to shop to try on a gen. , I can say that there is a very small difference in the blue dial , the gen. seems
to be little more ligther than the rep. , but also it depends on if you stay inside or outside under the sun, so my opinion is that only an expert eye
can notice the difference, speaking about mine..