• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are all the good AP 15400 MIyota Best Edition Gone

TheSociety

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
About to order the TF 15400 in RG with bracelet, I'll let you guys know the feedback and some high quality pics once I get it :)

PHIPHI

Horology Curious
13/4/15
Thanks a lot, at least this message is clear, it is what I expected. I'll waiting for a new best 15400 !

PHIPHI

Horology Curious
13/4/15
Sorry mate but JF doesnt make an AP 15400. It is positively the V6F version based on pictures of the movement. No other factory except V6F makes a movement for the 15400 with the decorated bridges.
Not only is the TS Watch website incorrect with the case thickness (should be 11.5mm), it has incorrectly listed the name of the Factory (should be V6F).

If you choose to believe what you read on the TSWatch website, I strongly urge you to read all the Threads about the 15400 in the AP Brand Section here on RWI. It will confirm what I have already told you and will help prevent you from making a purchase based on misinformation/incorrect info on the Dealers website.
Good luck to you

Thanks a lot, at least this message is clear, it is what I expected. I'll waiting for a new best 15400 !

SkiTime

16/3/13
I need some help here guys. I have a TF ordered w Ryan. He brought in 4 watches and the date wheel is left justified in each one (edge of "2" is flush on left when set at "28") and the screws do not look awesome (known issue).

If the V6 has better screws and date wheel alignment I would be tempted even though it is slightly thicker.

Can any V6 officiatos confirm if screws and DW are near perfect?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Trevor

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/06

If you are in the rep game long enough, you will know there will never be a best version of any watch :) what important is you satisfied with your rep and don't try to look at the flaws.

It is interesting to see TF attempt on 15400, personally I still find V6F better quality overall.

artouravo

Horology Curious
12/7/14
So after coming back from vacation I finally got my much-awaited TF black dial on SS bracelet and I love it.
I forgot to quote the post but to the member asking about the white line in the AP logo: the gen does not have one, and the TF version either.
The 10mm thickness is very important imo, as a 1.5mm difference on a watch is absolutely huge, especially on a model designed to be slim and sit tightly on the wrist.

I haven't received my screwdrivers yet so I cannot adjust the bracelet, but I can post a link to a gallery of pics if some people are interested.

Btw, thanks to everyone on the forum for helping me make such a successful purchase! I haven't posted much, but all my due diligence was conducted here!

Mandreas

Renowned Member
9/11/14
So after coming back from vacation I finally got my much-awaited TF black dial on SS bracelet and I love it.
I forgot to quote the post but to the member asking about the white line in the AP logo: the gen does not have one, and the TF version either.
The 10mm thickness is very important imo, as a 1.5mm difference on a watch is absolutely huge, especially on a model designed to be slim and sit tightly on the wrist.

I haven't received my screwdrivers yet so I cannot adjust the bracelet, but I can post a link to a gallery of pics if some people are interested.

Btw, thanks to everyone on the forum for helping me make such a successful purchase! I haven't posted much, but all my due diligence was conducted here!

Congrats :) excited for pictures!

xero800

Horology Curious
7/6/14
Hi all,

I have the 15400 and it's a great piece but I do wonder why there isn't a 15202 rep out there....?

erikawatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/15
Here is a gallery of the pics I took from the watch. Apart from the little symmetry issue, and the different aspect of the steel under the lugs, I think it is flawless.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m71wls53l8ucw6t/AAB7NJm3ig2ko4VhJ81kSYvaa?dl=0

Very nice, congrats!. Also, thanks a lot for sharing your pics, and I assume that these are from the new TF batch?.

Very cool!
Thanks for sharing, I am also waiting on mine! QC pics are too follow.
Additionally, I got on the Guru crystal bandwagon!

Looking at your pics, it's hard to tell but are the 5 and 10 o'clock screw miss aligned?
Also is the 1 o'clock more depressed?

Cool looking watch!!!

artouravo

Horology Curious
12/7/14
Very nice, congrats!. Also, thanks a lot for sharing your pics, and I assume that these are from the new TF batch?.

Yes they are! Sorry for the average quality.

Very cool!
Thanks for sharing, I am also waiting on mine! QC pics are too follow.
Additionally, I got on the Guru crystal bandwagon!

Looking at your pics, it's hard to tell but are the 5 and 10 o'clock screw miss aligned?
Also is the 1 o'clock more depressed?

Cool looking watch!!!

You are absolutely right on both points. Also, the 10' screw is slightly off (as in not screwed in enough)

erikawatch

8/8/15
Yes they are! Sorry for the average quality.

You are absolutely right on both points. Also, the 10' screw is slightly off (as in not screwed in enough)

Good luck my friend! I just got some of my QC pics... I have asked for higher resolution and more close up I cant really tell mine... I will post once I accept.
I noticed that you are from France? Where about? I have spent 17 years there... Paris

artouravo

Horology Curious
12/7/14
Good luck my friend! I just got some of my QC pics... I have asked for higher resolution and more close up I cant really tell mine... I will post once I accept.
I noticed that you are from France? Where about? I have spent 17 years there... Paris

Asking for higher res pics is a great idea, one which I definitely did not have ! To be honest, I was so impatient I don't think I would have even declined a watch, unless it looked miserable of course.

So far, I love my TF 15400 more and more everyday! I think the flaws are barely noticeable, and it definitely looks great on the wrist! Made very good impressions to my friends (to whom I tell it's a replica of course, I am not in that kind of game)

I was born and raised in Lyon, which you must probably know! This is getting to an end though, as I am going to college in the US! (leaving in 5 days actually!!)

erikawatch

8/8/15
Asking for higher res pics is a great idea, one which I definitely did not have ! To be honest, I was so impatient I don't think I would have even declined a watch, unless it looked miserable of course.

So far, I love my TF 15400 more and more everyday! I think the flaws are barely noticeable, and it definitely looks great on the wrist! Made very good impressions to my friends (to whom I tell it's a replica of course, I am not in that kind of game)

I was born and raised in Lyon, which you must probably know! This is getting to an end though, as I am going to college in the US! (leaving in 5 days actually!!)

Cool! Wow you English is pretty good!
That's exactly what happened to me! What school are you going to?

Man, I am telling you that was definitely a culture shock!

For the longest time I was giving my fellow French friend the following status

"Perdue dans les hamburgers"

Gintoki

7/12/14
Do the new gen 15400's not have the white part between the "AP" logo? Because I've seen a couple gens in person and they indeed have that white part.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I have never ever been so confused by all the different models that seem to be available!!

TSWatches list 8 different types of 15400 Blue dials:

AU17284 - Miyota - $318
AU17104 - Miyota - $348
AP16874 - Miyota - $328
AP16156 - Miyota - $418
AP15728 - 2824 - $368
AP15585 - Miyota - $418
AP14525 - 2824 - $428
AP14307 - 2824 - $378

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
I know this has probably been discussed before but I cant seem to find the answer. Does the gen blue dial 15400 have a black or blue DW background? in some pictures it looks black while in others it seems blue. The reps have both black and blue (TF is blue and V6F is black)

G.H.Mumm

Known Member
22/4/13
I know this has probably been discussed before but I cant seem to find the answer. Does the gen blue dial 15400 have a black or blue DW background? in some pictures it looks black while in others it seems blue. The reps have both black and blue (TF is blue and V6F is black)

Gen have blue DW, same blue color as the dial.

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
I have just seen a Gen at the boutique about 2 hours ago and the DW on the blue dial is blue but several shades darker than the dial, and the 15202 is darker still almost black.