• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are all the good AP 15400 MIyota Best Edition Gone

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
Iw been waiting since end of June for my QC as i rejected the first i saw. There must be some new coming in . . .

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Of the 3 TF 15400s I QCed, only one had to be rejected for logo alignment. I approved one 15400 with slight misalignment of 12 o'clock marker because it was perfect otherwise and I can fix the marker myself. It took about a week to get a second watch for QC after rejecting the first.
In any case, I received 2 15400s today, and I am very happy with the new batch. I do not have older models to compare with, but I can swear that the width of the lume on the markers and hands is thinner than previous batches.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Of the 3 TF 15400s I QCed, only one had to be rejected for logo alignment. I approved one 15400 with slight misalignment of 12 o'clock marker because it was perfect otherwise and I can fix the marker myself. It took about a week to get a second watch for QC after rejecting the first.
In any case, I received 2 15400s today, and I am very happy with the new batch. I do not have older models to compare with, but I can swear that the width of the lume on the markers and hands is thinner than previous batches.

Pic pls of the thinner lume.

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
I received second set of QC Pics for TF 15400 Decorated Miyota as I rejected the first for many reasons as previously posted.
I am very happy with the second set of QC pics. All hour markers are properly aligned and the AP logo is perfectly placed. The AP logo is correct with no space between the A and the P. Datewheel is excellent. Bezel screws are nicely recessed.
I agree with Slaughterer62 that the width of the lume on hour markers appears thinner than previous batch but it is hard to tell from a QC pic.
I happily approved the QC pics and await delivery by DHL soon.
Will post more details when watch is received.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I looked at the markers on the new batch of TFs under loupe and compared with the gen markers. The new TF lume strip is a bit thinner than before, but not as thin as gen. The profiling of the markers is still the same.
What is worse are the case screws for fastening the bracelet. These screws have proven to be very difficult to remove on all units I received. There is misalignment between the location of the case hole and the bracelet hole.

velox

1/5/15
Ok, got my new QC and they are approved. This process took two weeks but im happy with the results - looking forward receiving the watch any time soon now :)

velox

1/5/15
Mines from Intime

Full_Size_Render.jpg

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
I have a wonky marker at 3 and it's not really that visible in hand.

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
Mines from Intime

Full_Size_Render.jpg
Nice looking piece mate.
The hour marker at 3 o'clock is slightly misaligned, but on the wrist it will be hardly noticeable.
The AP Logo seems to have the larger spacing between the A and the P.
My first set of QC pics had a wonky 3 and 9 hour marker and also had the larger spacing between the A and P on the logo. My second set of QC pics (I used a different TD)had properly aligned hour markers and the AP logo had almost no spacing...
Not sure why TF Factory is using different AP logos on current batch. IF you havent already approved the QC pics, you can hold out for another set of QC pics but sometimes we have to choose the lesser of 2 evils and accept a watch with the flaws we can live with because we know that perfection doesnt exist.

Aluminum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/15
Man I've been holding up with the hopes the batches comes out good

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
well i think nobody beats what i have experienced..

long waiting for the new batch, placed order, waited again, qc not perfect but accepted it anyway, alas!

... RECEIVED AN EMPTY BOX.

Dat feel.

No refund, no customs seizure, no half refund, no watch, most likely stolen. Damn

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
well i think nobody beats what i have experienced..

long waiting for the new batch, placed order, waited again, qc not perfect but accepted it anyway, alas!

... RECEIVED AN EMPTY BOX.

Dat feel.

No refund, no customs seizure, no half refund, no watch, most likely stolen. Damn

well I think TD should resend a watch or give a refund...

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
well I think TD should resend a watch or give a refund...

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

Haha i did buy it wholesale though. That said, I'm quite disappointed that the td i bought from was the least bit helpful. Not even some advice, or assurance, or some help in good faith. Just told me he can't do anything about it period.

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
Haha i did buy it wholesale though. That said, I'm quite disappointed that the td i bought from was the least bit helpful. Not even some advice, or assurance, or some help in good faith. Just told me he can't do anything about it period.

wow.... seriously?

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
wow.... seriously?

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

Unfortunately yes, although everyone would say " yeah its the rep game, what do you expect" or "its a risk you take, onus is on yourself" .. it doesn't take away the fact that i did choose to enter this and yes perhaps its luck. But i'm really bummed... been waiting for that watch for so damn long. Saved up my miserable allowance for it... sigh. To think I've been a regular customer since the day i joined this forum... meh