• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut 5168G Blue / Green by 3KF

vik2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/14
What's the correct way to bend the clasp to get rid of the gap, how much of a bend does it need and where exactly are you bending it from?

Reactions: pip72

pip72

21/2/19
What's the correct way to bend the clasp to get rid of the gap, how much of a bend does it need and where exactly are you bending it from?

That's what I want to know as well. I don't want to hose my clasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solaris58

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
The information is in this thread. You need to go back and read it. I don't remember exactly what the procedure is, but involves flattening out the curve in the clasp somewhat. If I remembered what page it was on I would say, but it is definitely back a few pages.

Reactions: P..DR..D

AllOnRed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/19
wears great. decent weight....more so than you'd think. wore it solid for 2 weeks straight. finally took it off. put a scratch on the bezel....FML.
i wear on the left wrist....it does not dig into my wrist. the rolex i'm wearing sticks out further and i have no issues. this is thin and close to the wrist.
it just flows. i have mine set with a lil tiny bit of play strap wise for summer months. I don't like it when its grips to hard. but i have more play on any rolex than
this rubber strap. my wrist is between 7-7.25' and it looks bigger than my PO omega at 43.5mm vs this 42mm. but super solid purchase.

i also bent the clasp up to fix the gap.

Well, looks like I’m throwing money at another one. Thanks for the info mate. Probably go with blue too, just looks so damn nice. Cheers

kevBquick

9/10/18
for those that have questions about the gap and how to fix it if it happens to you.

first get your watch all fitted to your wrist and close clasp to see if there is gap.

should there be a gap like i had....
fine. open the clasp up, yep grab some pliers and a towel.
looks that the clasp from the side not from the top where you can see patek. the side.
so from the side you see it curves up. get your pliers and cloth....and bend it up a fraction.
this should close the gap. otherwise go back and bend up again till you get your desired result.
this is definitely a self fix, anyone can do job.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
ZcAm6p.jpg

So this beauty arrived today. FIrst impressions: love the beautiful blue dial; the strap and clasp are top notch. Looks significantly bigger on the wrist than my 5167 (not in a bad way) but wears very comfortably. I'm very happy with my purchase and the zippy service from Trusty.

pitpat

Known Member
12/12/11
Hi,

are there any good replacement straps for the tropical khaki strap available? or good sources for a geh in europe? i like the dull color of the gen strap, although i know only pictures…

cheers!

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Hi,

are there any good replacement straps for the tropical khaki strap available? or good sources for a geh in europe? i like the dull color of the gen strap, although i know only pictures…

cheers!

This is the million dollar question. For the green strap, no suitable replacement for the gen strap has been found yet. For blue, the 3KF stock strap is good enough.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Hey guys my QC came in. Just curious, does the 3 marker look tilted?
ZcCnAn.png
ZcC1FE.png

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Yes, the three o'clock marker looks slightly tilted. Will most likely not be detectable to the naked eye, but if you have OCD it would bother some people.

Last edited:

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Hey guys my QC came in. Just curious, does the 3 marker look tilted?
ZcCnAn.png
ZcC1FE.png

Hi seems you recieved a not very well cared for example.
1. yes, 3 oclock marker is tilted
2. the right "1" of the 11 oclock numbers is in a lower position than the left "1" and they are not parallel to each other
3. the "1" at 12 oclock numbers is tilted a little to the right an a bit higher than the "2".

You will see it when watch on wrist.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
By the way does anyone know how the numbers and markers are fixed on the dial?
Do they have small pins on the backside that fit into small holes in the dial, are they just glued on?
could the be carefully taken off and put to the right position?

Any ideas

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
ZcAm6p.jpg

So this beauty arrived today. FIrst impressions: love the beautiful blue dial; the strap and clasp are top notch. Looks significantly bigger on the wrist than my 5167 (not in a bad way) but wears very comfortably. I'm very happy with my purchase and the zippy service from Trusty.

Congrats would you mindestens posting some more pics of the watch, especially of the dial.
thx

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Just ordered the green dial 3KF 5168G from Trusty. Now I’ve got both the blue and green on order. Already got QC pics for my blue one and approved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
hello and thanks to all sharing their QC pics! the lume color of the hands and of the minute markers seem consistent and in the same color but not completely white like c1 lume rather lightly greenish like c3 lume. but i dont care about that, Im glad that they are consistent in color not like the 3k 5167 with greenish minute markers and bright white hands (anyone knows if they already fixed this issue?) I think all of you are right, dial color and sunburst from dark blue to almost black can only be judged whan holding the watch in hands in different lights. Although some gen 5168 also look a lot lighter blue. a lot depends on the light conditions. but what do you think about the bezel and case shape compared to the gen as far as it can be judged by the pics? did they match it or any tells so far? Patek Phillipe lettering is very well centered and seem pretty crisp in my opinion. Any obvious tells apart from the datewheel so far? Im torn between the 3k 5167 or this one, but the different colors of hands and minute markers of 5167 hold me back, so i was hoping this one would be a better match. Any hints or comments so far? regards madedo

Wonder if it will be difficult to put c1 lume over this greenish c3 lume. The gen's lume matches the white second hand...

or am I being crazy here?