• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut - 3KF or ZF?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
My recent QC's of the latest version of 3KF (i already accepted):

Lume is very nice. Same hands lume color as the numerals:

It's super thin, specially the bezel looks flatter than previous versions:

Can't see from this picture if the movement text is printed or engraved, but it doesn't bother me though. As no one is going to study it with a loupe other than me:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Np mate. Did you read post #75 and further?

Topic: 3kf’s 5167a v2 has whiter lume on the hands vs hour markers. Apparently the gen has it too
I see. Makes sense in that context. I'm not sure the gen has whiter lume on hands. The one i saw recently didn't. Perhaps as suggested earlier there are different versions.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
It's been said so many times that there were variations, what doesn't make sense is that you're still debating on that :ROFLMAO:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Me neither but this vid from a bloke called Phil Reid shows the contrast

Doesn’t look white in this video though. Looks like the lume of the hands has the same color as the numerals. Which is a crème white color.

The lume of hands in an aquanaut has to match the lume of the numerals, not that of the markers. And I’ve only seen the crème white lume.

I have yet to see a gen with white lume of the hands.

If people believe the lume color of hands has to match the markers, it’s wrong. It has to match the colors of the numerals.

Last edited:

hautwatcher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/22
Asia
About to receive the new 3KF V2

Please find the QC pics

Qn is the pinion seconds hand acceptable or mod is required ?

Qn is the date acceptable or should I change to Keylog traditional

Qn lume on the hands , numerals and markers look uniformed and well applied

Seb75

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/22
Paris, France
Hello hautwatcher ,
I have been soothing soothing myself with pictures of rep (5167 and 5168) and your QC pictures look fine enough to me, and these pics are taken in bright white light so my understanding is that it is actually a worst case.
Let us know how it looks in real life !

Cheers,
Seb

Reactions: hautwatcher

cartierjoe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/22
Is replacing the strap on the 3kf with a ZF strap worth it?
Do dealers sell the ZF strap alone or do I have to buy the whole watch? :rolleyes:

cartierjoe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/22
Is replacing the strap on the 3kf with a ZF strap worth it?
Do dealers sell the ZF strap alone or do I have to buy the whole watch? :rolleyes:

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Could anyone here share what the “dividing line flaw” on the 9 o clock side looks like in the 3KF? I’m not sure what people refer to when they mention this.