• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut - 3KF or ZF?

internet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
Germany / NRW

madmax783

17/10/21
Can someone tell me whether it is the v2 version 3K or v1 of this 5167 ? Thanks in advance.
Maybe @​​​​​​​Peguine Swiss_goupil (I still owe you analysis from the former watch maker of place Vendome about the 5711 3k and 5726 ppf I received ; I got the covid and was stuck at home ; I am supposed to meet him tomorrow morning at 9am at his new shop to show him the reps ; I will take some notes and pm them to you)

595185100daeefb0ae3271ff42539e8e.jpg
1e29ea178a6878ff9c69ed3d5a79ff6c.jpg
54e33f4a5be1ec8927e36fb59bc953c3.jpg

Reactions: KilltheDeath

Tdotb2ko

Looking Around
19/11/21
Can someone tell me whether it is the v2 version 3K or v1 of this 5167 ? Thanks in advance.
Maybe @Peguine Swiss_goupil (I still owe you analysis from the former watch maker of place Vendome about the 5711 3k and 5726 ppf I received ; I got the covid and was stuck at home ; I am supposed to meet him tomorrow morning at 9am at his new shop to show him the reps ; I will take some notes and pm them to you)

595185100daeefb0ae3271ff42539e8e.jpg
1el29ea178a6878ff9c69ed3d5a79ff6c.jpg
54e33f4a5be1ec8927e36fb59bc953c3.jpg

looks like the v2 with the white hands and the "swisa made" printing

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Since we are talking about the Aquanaut, I was looking into the Rose Gold version.

Can anyone advise which version to buy, and if they have plating issues? Every RG Rolex I owned had fading, and I do not wear them often at all. Hoping for better quality with either ZF or 3k

Reactions: legendac

alpha246

6/5/16
With the 3KF version getting the lume hands update, seems like it beats out ZF now? All you need if it bothers you is a date wheel.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Beats, beats, every rep has its pros, cons and flaws. It is what your preference, taste and tolerance level is.

I like my 3KF v2 but the contrast on the white hands vs the dial marks is a bit high, too high. The movement is better on the 3KF vs ZF, clone, runs more reliable and has a longer power reserve. Just my experience. GL

alpha246

6/5/16
Beats, beats, every rep has its pros, cons and flaws. It is what your preference, taste and tolerance level is.

I like my 3KF v2 but the contrast on the white hands vs the dial marks is a bit high, too high. The movement is better on the 3KF vs ZF, clone, runs more reliable and has a longer power reserve. Just my experience. GL
they updated their hands recently, that is what i'm referring to.

It'smyheritage96

15/8/20
I agree with T challa on the ZF flaws I had to RL QC twice because of a dodgy clasp had a unsightly gap and was wonky i got a good one in the end

Although after a year of use it started keeping terrible time then it randomly started stopping every 10 mins on wrist
It is probably just mine it aint that common i dont think.

None the less amazing looking watch I ordered 2 straps with mine as you have to cut them to size for the wearer if i ever sold it I'd had a brand new strap to sell it with

Evilspell

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/7/22
06000 Nice France.
Hmm not really, different case, different movement different strap, different dial, different datewheel...
I made a shortcut. I meant that according to all the comments, the 3KF has its advantages and weaknesses and the same for the ZF and I don't know if there is a « winner «

WatchYourMouth

Horology Curious
3/1/20
I made a shortcut. I meant that according to all the comments, the 3KF has its advantages and weaknesses and the same for the ZF and I don't know if there is a « winner «
I think, like most experienced rep buyers say, it's all about what you can live with / what you want to mod. For me? I currently have a 3kf case/movement with ZF dial and buff date wheel. 3kf is a good starting point because of the clone movement, but the date wheel and hands are a huge flaw if you have any exposure to gen.

Reactions: Evilspell

peterw

Horology Curious
23/10/22
I live the 3kf but the mismatch in lume between the hour markers and hands kills me
according to some of the reviews I saw, GEN has the same mismtach, 3kf just copied it, which makes sense, because it is easier to make it the same (using the same material and color ).

Reactions: Evilspell

WatchYourMouth

Horology Curious
3/1/20
according to some of the reviews I saw, GEN has the same mismtach, 3kf just copied it, which makes sense, because it is easier to make it the same (using the same material and color ).

while there have been 5167s with different lumes (depending on the generation) i have yet to see a 100% authenticated factory example with a darker lume on dial and whiter lume on hands.

however, this video shows a 5167 with dark hands and light dial:
https://clickpix.org/image/firefox-4y3ZM83WiI.z7fikD

I am somewhat skeptical of the authenticity of the watch in the video though. Case shape looks super rounded and jumps out at me for some reason. Could be the bracelet throwing me off, just thought it was interesting to see.

Kid__watchmaker

2/5/22
How come the gen aquanauts the lume looks white but on seemingly all reps it is more greenish? Am I missing something?

Kid__watchmaker

2/5/22
Its such an easy fix for them- wish they would just make the lume all white- no mismatching nonsense

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
Does anyone know any third party supplier to purchase the stainless steel bracelet for the 5168G? I really like it on a steel bracelet. I can't seem to find any online.