• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut - 3KF or ZF?

imaballa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/20
This video is confusing???? for the most part (besides the strap and the date calendar) it seems 3KF has the upper hand, but then he says to probably go with ZF in terms of Aesthetics as reliability on both is pretty much the same. I’m lost????‍♂️

I 100% agree with this, like wtf? It honestly sounded like 3KF had the edge? Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rongxike

7/12/19
Earth
Hey Guys,

i could really use your help, i just got QCs for my 3KF, but it has "Swiss made"?! I tried to check the line on 5, i think its ok (ends under 5), so its tied.
I already asked the TD to check but i'd like to hear another opinion, could you please have a look?
(P.s. i hope in this case its ok to post QCs)

May I know the website address please?

schneesurfer

Looking Around
21/4/21
Lume differences are a "no go"
They clone a comlpete movement but fail on colours :)

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Oops! My bad... the watch stole my eyes

Not at all Sir & 100% agree, it is a beaut.

Wouldnt be a huge fan of the metal bracelet on it though, rather the rubber on it, but different strokes for different folks.

Best of luck

Reactions: Max Cady

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Not at all Sir & 100% agree, it is a beaut.

Wouldnt be a huge fan of the metal bracelet on it though, rather the rubber on it, but different strokes for different folks.

Best of luck

Me neither, but i'm putting it on the ZF rubber strap, so i thought i pick up the bracelet as well.

Reactions: P..DR..D

T'Challa

22/7/19
I assume you are referring to the black ss aquanaut (5167)?

Both have their pros and flaws. It'd depend which ones you can live with and which you cannot. My observations are:

ZF:
Pros - Datefont, strap, dial proportions and text swiss made
Cons - the dial lines are too long and cut through '5', and cradles the bottom of '6' (gen stops at mid of the round part of 6), clasp alignment sometimes wonky (gotta QC well)

3KF:
Pros - Dial aesthetic is spot on and lines are where they should be, thinner than ZF (making it closer to gen thickness), clasp alignment is good, clone movement.
Cons - Datefont

Personally, I'd go with the 3KF V2, and wait for the 3kf datewheel mod that some talented members of this forum are working on.
With that, you get as close to gen as possible with the movement, thickness, and aesthetics.

Edited as it is correctly pointed out that the gen aquanaut 5167 does not have 'swiss made' in its earlier batches (2009).
And the difference between a 5167 & 5165 is the date window filling the space up in 5165 vs still having the 3 o'clock marker on the 5167.

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
I have a new batch 3KF dial with 'Swiss made' print for sale

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

frankenme

23/8/10
Has anyone found a good replacement strap for the 5167 outside of a gen and zf? Thanks

nirgold

Looking Around
6/10/21
Hi all - I am new here - so really impressed from the information need help to decide. I have been living in Asia and bought the Patek Aquanaut Rep which I believe is model 5167 about 10 years ago. I am attaching photos.
I love it and I guess its the old version.
The problem is the silicon strap - it was damaged few yrs ago and I could not find a strap which will fit the watch (they told me that only the factory could but no idea which)

With no choice I asked for a regular black band which now looks like a piece of shit now

I am asking:
1] can you tell exactly the model and the size from the photos I own (the silicon is 20mm width) what size is the crown ?
2] It is good quality (10 yrs :) can you say which factory from the marks ?
3] Is it possible to find a new Patek silicon strap which will surely fit (already ordered 2 not good from Aliexpress and throw my money)
4] Now, if I decide to go today for the exact watch & model which one should I order and from where (same bezel same look)
5] Could it be shipped and cleared customs smoothly also one to Israel to my friend ?

Enclosing photos I LOVE MINE
Again it looks dirty and neglected

Rbrobson

4/9/19
Hey all - doing some research on these two factories for a purchase myself.

Incredible info on this thread!!

Anyone know if there have been any major updates / corrections / etc since last year when this thread was firing on all cylinders?

Specifically anyone know if 3K has corrected any of the major flaws (eg lume color, bracelet, bezel fatness etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk