• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
I had similar issues with my AP from one of our TD's. The watch arrived with the rear rotor stuck between the decorative plate and case back. Took it to one of London's RWI-recognized watchsmiths. Upon extensive inspection he showed me how dirty the movement was, that it was assembled with misaligned parts, that the watch was showing on the timegrapher completely different values than on QC's from TD's, and - most importantly - that the watch was so poorly assembled that the rotor at a certain point was catching the rear decorative plate and the watchsmith was only able to release the rotor by using his own finger to release it just to see the rotor stuck again moments after in the same position.
Had to ship the watch back to China because the potential costs of repair surpassed my budget for this watch with no guaranteed positive outcome.
The matter is still in development but it's a lesson for me.
If possible always ask for video QC and never trust pictures only. Some of our TD's (that shall not be named yet) are using often tricks to offload watches that were previously refused by another buyer, they know exactly that shipping back fakes to china can be troublesome and prone to potential risks.

lino

Known Member
Certified
23/10/16
Just received it! :) Clone movement confirmed.
06415832cf83fbbd048230af67d3cac7.jpg
030c6795ac8b9ea454b62d008bd978c2.jpg
acce187740149ed29e8475d9686faebf.jpg
d864b8cfe03e437a485764d67791216f.jpg
51e430a4c3a5a79cbbabde3fdcfc5bbe.jpg

通过我的 LIO-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言
just to know, the write ADERMARS PIGUET on the movement is printed or engraved?

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Had to ship the watch back to China because the potential costs of repair surpassed my budget for this watch with no guaranteed positive outcome. [...]
If possible always ask for video QC and never trust pictures only. Some of our TD's (that shall not be named yet) are using often tricks to offload watches that were previously refused by another buyer... [...]
I'm starting to think that I should continue my practice to acquire already "tested & vetted" reps via M2M only. I haven't bought new from a TD yet, only from established and reliable members (here & on Repgeek) since April 2021 (5 reps in total), and I've had exactly zero issues so far.

Also, the watches arrive approximately 10 to 20 times faster and you delegate the whole QC and customs troubles to previous owner(s). 😆😜

To stay on topic: I was going to order an AP with clone mvt as my first newly acquired rep from a TD. But I now think I'll just stick with M2M. 😅

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm starting to think that I should continue my practice to acquire already "tested & vetted" reps via M2M only. I haven't bought new from a TD yet, only from established and reliable members (here & on Repgeek) since April 2021 (5 reps in total), and I've had exactly zero issues so far.

Also, the watches arrive approximately 10 to 20 times faster and you delegate the whole QC and customs troubles to previous owner(s). 😆😜

To stay on topic: I was going to order an AP with clone mvt as my first newly acquired rep from a TD. But I now think I'll just stick with M2M. 😅
Buying m2m does not guarantee you a problem-free movement. Movements can still arrive DOA or problematic.
If you have not encountered issues, you have not bought enough watches. But I do agree that buying from m2m, depending on the shipper and shipping location, can allow a much more efficient shipping process.

Reactions: Allure

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
I'm curious if anyone got this in blue color, coz my dealer said that its quite a problem to get it, waiting time is unknown.

Please share QC or in-hand pics if you was lucky to grab one.

Reactions: Micha-808

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Buying m2m does not guarantee you a problem-free movement. Movements can still arrive DOA or problematic.
If you have not encountered issues, you have not bought enough watches.. [...]
You have a valid point here... 5 pieces is certainly not enough to conclude anything more than of mere anecdotal value. Plus, of course, there's always the possibility of movement damage during transport, though that may well be beyond the seller's responsibility in both cases (dealer or private).

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
now that we are seeing the QC on the blue, do we feel any better about it ?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
now that we are seeing the QC on the blue, do we feel any better about it ?
It looks decent in the pictures, but as always, seeing the actual product in person will be a lot more beneficial to determine color and texture.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
It looks decent in the pictures, but as always, seeing the actual product in person will be a lot more beneficial to determine color and texture.
i am bothered by the bezel screws... sure you can fix it but like that it looks weird ...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You have a valid point here... 5 pieces is certainly not enough to conclude anything more than of mere anecdotal value. Plus, of course, there's always the possibility of movement damage during transport, though that may well be beyond the seller's responsibility in both cases (dealer or private).
If you think about it, the common factor between buying watches from China or m2m is that most of them need to be shipped to you.
Yes the distance, transition time and way the parcels are handled make the difference, but in this hobby it is good to be adequately prepared for any setbacks, and to resolve them calmly.

AlphaProt

Respected Member
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
If you think about it, the common factor between buying watches from China or m2m is that most of them need to be shipped to you.
Yes the distance, transition time and way the parcels are handled make the difference, but in this hobby it is good to be adequately prepared for any setbacks, and to resolve them calmly.
Calmly you say? In my experience there's constant panick, overreact, insomnia and rageeeeeee!

Reactions: Star70

beneton

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/21
France
I compared ZF and APSF date numbers - I do think that ZF has them closer to 15500 gen. What do you think?
I do not know if the ZF 15500 v2 date wheel can be put on the APSF 15500?
I suppose that for the dial it will not be any problems. Thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
just received both black and blue dials and wore the black last night and today the blue but i must say the blue dial is very sexy watch.
APSF did a good job and in my opinion better than the 15400
my 2 cents
Your opinion, like every other opinion here, counts. Thank you for sharing. This will help other members who are still deciding colors.

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
just received both black and blue dials and wore the black last night and today the blue but i must say the blue dial is very sexy watch.
APSF did a good job and in my opinion better than the 15400
my 2 cents
could you share some pics boss thank you so much. planning to get the black one as well