• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

EdenAlando

Known Member
5/5/20
Bangkok
If you’re after a gen dial get one now, as prices are rising, partly because the clone movement 15500 watches are released and guys are buying the dials to franken their watches.
From what I know personally at least 6 were sold in the last week alone from a single vendor.

Hi legend ... Normally how much a gen 15500 dial costs?

pitpat

Known Member
12/12/11
and where to get one in europe?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
and where to get one in europe?

The silver dial is cheapest and maybe costs below $3000. The grey and black should both cost between $3500-4500 now if they can be found.
The blue dial would be about $6500-7000.

I am talking about brand new dials of course, used dials can cause substantially less if one gets lucky. I bought a gen black dial for $3200 off a guy recently. It wasn’t new but in acceptable condition. The common issues with loose dials are that often, the markers can be scratched or marred, lume application becomes imperfect, dial surface gets scratched and dial print has fading or missing paint. These usually result from the dial being improperly packaged or from them being factory rejects in the first place so be careful when you purchase them. Don’t be enticed by the low cost alone. And pictures may not necessarily show the flaws or defects.
For example, last week I got a black gen dial sent in by an owner who bought it himself somewhere. The dial itself was fortunately ok but there was no lume at all in any of the markers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
got my QC for the black dial but waiting for the blue any news? anyone got their QC yet?

things are real slow these days coming out of China

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
got my QC for the black dial but waiting for the blue any news? anyone got their QC yet?

Can you Please poste 2 x QC for the black dial. I'm awaiting mine.

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London

recently waited about 4 weeks to have my 1st batch of 15400 APSF qc pictures delivered to me.

pitpat

Known Member
12/12/11
The silver dial is cheapest and maybe costs below $3000. The grey and black should both cost between $3500-4500 now if they can be found.
The blue dial would be about $6500-7000.

I am talking about brand new dials of course, used dials can cause substantially less if one gets lucky. I bought a gen black dial for $3200 off a guy recently. It wasn’t new but in acceptable condition. The common issues with loose dials are that often, the markers can be scratched or marred, lume application becomes imperfect, dial surface gets scratched and dial print has fading or missing paint. These usually result from the dial being improperly packaged or from them being factory rejects in the first place so be careful when you purchase them. Don’t be enticed by the low cost alone. And pictures may not necessarily show the flaws or defects.
For example, last week I got a black gen dial sent in by an owner who bought it himself somewhere. The dial itself was fortunately ok but there was no lume at all in any of the markers.

Thanks Legend for the insides…

Jack Liu

Horology Curious
22/1/20
Just received it! :) Clone movement confirmed.
06415832cf83fbbd048230af67d3cac7.jpg
030c6795ac8b9ea454b62d008bd978c2.jpg
acce187740149ed29e8475d9686faebf.jpg
d864b8cfe03e437a485764d67791216f.jpg
51e430a4c3a5a79cbbabde3fdcfc5bbe.jpg

通过我的 LIO-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
I haven't bought a rep in over a year, well before the raids that stopped noob/vsf last year (and missed out on the VSF subs & DJs argh!) - but this might pull me back in. Every so often I check in to the AP forums after my buddy let me wear his gen 15400; it was magical. But unfortunately nothing I've seen can compete with the sunburst on the gen (at least in my QCs over the years)...Legend has me thinking that this new 15500 w/a ZF dial may just have to do well enough though....

I've got my eyes set on blue, but I could probably make white or black work as well. I haven't seen any updates on the ZF side, but as I recall it the black was the most genlike yea?

Reactions: ywg

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
I haven't bought a rep in over a year, well before the raids that stopped noob/vsf last year (and missed out on the VSF subs & DJs argh!) - but this might pull me back in. Every so often I check in to the AP forums after my buddy let me wear his gen 15400; it was magical. But unfortunately nothing I've seen can compete with the sunburst on the gen (at least in my QCs over the years)...Legend has me thinking that this new 15500 w/a ZF dial may just have to do well enough though....

I've got my eyes set on blue, but I could probably make white or black work as well. I haven't seen any updates on the ZF side, but as I recall it the black was the most genlike yea?

I love the blue, but I picked a black one....think it looks more gen like and less thinking about it for me.....might pull the trigger tho for another one in blue.....

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22

If you are familiar with AP gen dial you will find the APS 15500 4302 white dial disgusting, I still wonder why would the push it out such an unfinished product, it's worse than not selling a white dial at all.

Other dials are also medicore.

Anyway, non of the models are out yet, probably APS will skip the first batch and go to v2 directly.

Reactions: OffshoreNL

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
If you are familiar with AP gen dial you will find the APS 15500 4302 white dial disgusting, I still wonder why would the push it out such an unfinished product, it's worse than not selling a white dial at all.

Other dials are also medicore.

Anyway, non of the models are out yet, probably APS will skip the first batch and go to v2 directly.

Yea - hence the ZF dial swap in black (or blue maybe) should fix that issue.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Is the amplitude a bit low or is this normal for this movement?

Reactions: Wacht

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is the amplitude a bit low or is this normal for this movement?

]

Amplitude alone is not a meaningful indication of the movement health. Always take the dealer QC with pinch of salt. I have seen many watches with healthy amplitudes arrive DOA, or when put on the timegrapher upon arrival, report a significantly different set of numbers.
If you care about movement health, get the movement serviced upon arrival. Shipping will almost always change the figures anyway, and I have never seen a set of timegrapher figures which are identical on the dealer timegrapher and on mine when it arrives. What you need to be concerned with is that the watch is beating and the numbers aren't egregiously bad. (In your case it isn't).
If you want it to run optimally, get the movement serviced and maintained locally after arrival.