• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

sauerweb

Horology Curious
4/9/22
The Blue on the ZF v3 or ASPF ?
ZF v3. Here’s a link to the question and legend’s answer:

I’ve read that ZF has the better dial on the 15500 compared to APSF

Reactions: WatchFreak!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I have a black dial on (back) order with Intime. I wonder if I should switch to blue. But in above quoted thread, it also says that blue is as unavailable as black at the moment.

I'm not sure what to do, get silver/white (@legend placed it on 3rd on his "observed visual accuracy list") and probably receive the watch relatively quickly or stay with black/blue. I'm torn! Lol

I'm starting to think I should just go with the one I like most, which happens to be blue. I'll ask Ryan if it's possible to change my order, I guess.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I never compromise on purchases.
Always get what you like so you don’t have regrets or have to justify you’re happy with a 2nd choice

Reactions: WatchFreak!

WatchFreak!

4/10/12
EU
I never compromise on purchases.
Always get what you like so you don’t have regrets or have to justify you’re happy with a 2nd choice
Exactly, I'd rather wait knowing I'll get the watch I most like than purchasing a watch I don't really like as much.

Reactions: eBoy

Mr.ticktock

SASHA CHERNI
Banned
15/9/22
GRANADA ESPANA
I have a black dial on (back) order with Intime. I wonder if I should switch to blue. But in above quoted thread, it also says that blue is as unavailable as black at the moment.

I'm not sure what to do, get silver/white (@legend placed it on 3rd on his "observed visual accuracy list") and probably receive the watch relatively quickly or stay with black/blue. I'm torn! Lol

I'm starting to think I should just go with the one I like most, which happens to be blue. I'll ask Ryan if it's possible to change my order, I guess.
Just buy the one you will wear , don’t look at any lists.. everyone has his own opinion

Reactions: legend and eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Switched my order to blue, since the blue dial is the one that gets my pulse up.

You're right, lists are often overrated, although I'll note that user "legend" is a true capacity in the world of AP, genuine and reps alike. So his opinion on APs isn't as random as mine. Lol 😉

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Switched my order to blue, since the blue dial is the one that gets my pulse up.

You're right, lists are often overrated, although I'll note that user "legend" is a true capacity in the world of AP, genuine and reps alike. So his opinion on APs isn't as random as mine. Lol 😉
@eBoy my opinion is one man's opinion. Like yours. Like any other member's. Yes it is formed on my own knowledge, experience and observation but at the end of the day it remains an opinion and I would not want what I express to become "facts" for anyone. Especially something like dial color, it is largely a matter of preference. Just because I don't think it is accurate or desirable should not stop you or anyone else from getting it if it is your preference. Accurate or not, these are all replica watches and we wear them for fun. I am certain that if you are serious enough about a watch, you will find a way to get the gen. And once you do, you will understand a lot more about the nuances of the dial colors and finishes and will be able to educate others independently as an AP owner.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Well said, sir!

I switched to blue because that is truly my personal preference (which happens to be your recommendation). It's the color that makes me go 'hmmmmm' when I look at photos of Gens and Reps of classic Royal Oak models.

I will add though that while it is absolutely true that opinions are subjective in their very nature, it is undeniable that people less experienced on a subject will be interested in a more experienced person's opinion and even base their own decisions on that opinion. I think in the world of social media, it is called an "influencer". As silly as the whole concept may be, I think it's less silly to take an RWI's expert subjective opinion as purchasing advice than to get yourself some huge ass implants just because some Armenian-American girl from Los Angeles with an Instagram account has them. Before I keep droning on, I'll sign off for now... After all, I have an appointment with the plastic ass implant surge....uhhh I mean, I have to view some QC photos from my TD now. 😅😊☺️🤣

Reactions: haze3715 and legend

Mr.ticktock

SASHA CHERNI
Banned
15/9/22
GRANADA ESPANA
Well said, sir!

I switched to blue because that is truly my personal preference (which happens to be your recommendation). It's the color that makes me go 'hmmmmm' when I look at photos of Gens and Reps of classic Royal Oak models.

I will add though that while it is absolutely true that opinions are subjective in their very nature, it is undeniable that people less experienced on a subject will be interested in a more experienced person's opinion and even base their own decisions on that opinion. I think in the world of social media, it is called an "influencer". As silly as the whole concept may be, I think it's less silly to take an RWI's expert subjective opinion as purchasing advice than to get yourself some huge ass implants just because some Armenian-American girl from Los Angeles with an Instagram account has them. Before I keep droning on, I'll sign off for now... After all, I have an appointment with the plastic ass implant surge....uhhh I mean, I have to view some QC photos from my TD now. 😅😊☺️🤣
Good job 👍 and hopefully one day you can buy yourself a Genuine blue Dial or even a Genuine whole watch

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I'll be honest with you. AP is not where my true horological passion is. Luckily, I may add, if I look at the gen prices. 😂

I'm more of an affordable brand fan (Omega/IWC/Longines/Tissot etc.) when it comes to gens. Regarding reps, I'm more open about trying out watches I'm not "gen-passionate" about, like Rolex, Panerai....or AP. 😉

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I'll be honest with you. AP is not where my true horological passion is. Luckily, I may add, if I look at the gen prices. 😂

I'm more of an affordable brand fan (Omega/IWC/Longines/Tissot etc.) when it comes to gens. Regarding reps, I'm more open about trying out watches I'm not "gen-passionate" about, like Rolex, Panerai....or AP. 😉
how long did your dealer tell you to wait for a blue or black one?

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Intime quoted up to 7 work days, although I believe this to be rather optimistic, unless you get offered stuff he happens to have on stock- Puretime told me black ones are on backorder with a wait time of 3 to 4 weeks. And even that is probably too optimistic. A Jtime customer on Reddit said last week he received his black ZF V3 QC photos after 2 months.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well said, sir!

Yes some of us have more experience and knowledge than others when it comes to specific brands and models. But knowledge is an unlimited thing, both in its ever expanding depth and width and in the number of people who can learn the same thing (well ok, the latter is limited technically to the population of the world), but my point is that it often takes interest, inclination and opportunity to learn something new.
I am glad you chose the blue dial, I like it myself. Congrats and wear it well.

Reactions: Nomolos and eBoy

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
Ordered a blue one last October, still waiting for delivery. TD informed me that it may take another 2 weeks (third time TD has told me this).

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
*Still waiting for QC. Apologies I'm unable to delete or edit my previous post.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Ordered a blue one last October, still waiting for delivery. TD informed me that it may take another 2 weeks (third time TD has told me this).
Same here. I ordered at the beginning of October and still no update. I am glad I am not the only one. But I don’t want to switch to another watch brand.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
I ordered at the beginning of October a black dial with Jtime. Still waiting. I have a quite honest conversation with Li. I asked. Before Christmas ? He said, I have no idea. We are all in this together :D Now I like this sentence.

Athens83

Looking Around
17/9/22
Hello everyone! I am planning to make my first rep purchase next week and pull the trigger on a blue ZF 15500 v3.

This forum has been a great source of detailed information about rep watches and dealers and I look forward to, slowly but surely and depending on my 1st experience, grow my collection!

I plan to order from jtime and I was considering a purchase of a rubber strap from the same dealer but the 168$ asked seem a lot to me for a rep rubber strap.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello everyone! I am planning to make my first rep purchase next week and pull the trigger on a blue ZF 15500 v3.

This forum has been a great source of detailed information about rep watches and dealers and I look forward to, slowly but surely and depending on my 1st experience, grow my collection!

I plan to order from jtime and I was considering a purchase of a rubber strap from the same dealer but the 168$ asked seem a lot to me for a rep rubber strap.
If you’re thinking to put it on rubber straps you’ll need the 4 endlinks and also a clasp/buckle as well. If these are included the quoted price is rather reasonable.