• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I don’t think 3126 will come out in near future. 3126= 3120+Chronograph modification plate from Dubois Depraz+connection between the two. The rep makers cannot do this unless they acquire tech help from major wristwatch manufacturers in China, such as Sea-gull.

You’d better forget it.

Great news for a gen offshore collector :legend:

I guess we will now see a lot of rep 15400 and maybe divers since they use the same clone movement.

Reactions: Allure

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Great news for a gen offshore collector :legend:

I guess we will now see a lot of rep 15400 and maybe divers since they use the same clone movement.

Kindly find more pictures of the clone movement and comment on its overall appearance. I look forward to your indights. In my opinion the color difference is quite annoying.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Kindly find more pictures of the clone movement and comment on its overall appearance. I look forward to your indights. In my opinion the color difference is quite annoying.

I agree with you that the color and other variations exist of course, but it’s the first 3120 clone movement we have and I do appreciate that! Thanks for sharing the news.

I’m buying one to do a teardown and review and will sell it when done. I think I can give more insights into this when I’ve studied the movement. Right now the stage is all yours so please carry on. You seem to have the useful information to share, so please share them with us.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I might be wrong but I have a feeling those PT pictures are from a proto. They are known to put up watches not yet available for weeks/months to create hype. They have done the same with the PP5726 with flaws that were not there in the final product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
I have a rep 26574ST from APS. I think they did a very good job on the details. I will get one as well once it start shipping

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
The movement itself was out in May. And the photos you saw were shot in May and June, about 4 months ago. The movement was tested and a video (with comments in mandarin) was also available in June but nobody noticed it.

It has some flaws: 1. the escapement does not look gen like as the balance wheel lacks the “dots” which are in fact weights. 2. It indeed has regulators beneath the bridge which is a rather risky mod that the factory did. Such a mod is what I like about this movement and a step forward in the rep industry. I plan to do the same mod to 5167A from 3k after I knew that 3k intentionally left this part as is. 3K could have done this but gave up for a reason. 3. The color difference and the overall polishing.

The advantage is that most of its parts are interchangeable with cal3120(gen).

A guy dissected this movement to compare it with cal 3120(gen) and he made a video. Go find it and you will see what I am talking about. Hopefully others with knowledge can chime in . Not sure if the factory improved the movement in the last a few months.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Some other photos i got today. Movement was developed by dandong but because of the new boss and raids they didnt produce it but sold the information and technology to another company to produce.
jI1IUJ.jpg
jI1mXk.jpg
jI1oxo.jpg
jI1iID.jpg

Last edited:

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I might be wrong but I have a feeling those PT pictures are from a proto. They are known to put up watches not yet available for weeks/months to create hype. They have done the same with the PP5726 with flaws that were not there in the final product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is not the case. I was told by a good man from aps that the movement was made and pictured in mid-May. Over the last several months they made but minor changes especially in movement finishing. I won’t ask why.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
this is not the case. I was told by a good man from aps that the movement was made and pictured in mid-May. Over the last several months they made but minor changes especially in movement finishing. I won’t ask why.

Well we will know soon as some members are surely going to order this. For me and based on PT picture finish is poor and at the moment it is a pass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I would stay away from this superclone "for now"... because you're gonna miss the helicopter noise from your miyota movement :D

Reactions: boisvert

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
A guy dissected this movement to compare it with cal 3120(gen) and he made a video. Go find it and you will see what I am talking about. Hopefully others with knowledge can chime in . Not sure if the factory improved the movement in the last a few months.

Can you post a link to the video?

Reactions: Lariram

jvevermind

6/3/17
The movement itself was out in May. And the photos you saw were shot in May and June, about 4 months ago. The movement was tested and a video (with comments in mandarin) was also available in June but nobody noticed it.

It has some flaws: 1. the escapement does not look gen like as the balance wheel lacks the “dots” which are in fact weights. 2. It indeed has regulators beneath the bridge which is a rather risky mod that the factory did. Such a mod is what I like about this movement and a step forward in the rep industry. I plan to do the same mod to 5167A from 3k after I knew that 3k intentionally left this part as is. 3K could have done this but gave up for a reason. 3. The color difference and the overall polishing.

The advantage is that most of its parts are interchangeable with cal3120(gen).

So by that u mean balance wheel and bridges are interchangable with gens ?

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Booonin

2/9/18
The question to the person who created this topic - are there any rumours that this factory will release 15202 with their clone movement?