• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak Offshore RG Rubber Clad Noob Factory Pictorial Review

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I'll be getting it done, sending my hublots of for there last mods this week so once they're back the RGRC and possibly either a panda or black themes will both be of for there modding, don't want to lose all watches at once. :lol:

Will get the double AR and cyclops done + serviced & waterproofed. I agree i think it'll look much nicer with double AR, the cyclops blue doesn't bother me but i may aswell get it done whilst there.

I mean with this one i'm not doing the mods to try and get closer to gen - the massive flaw of the logo makes it pointless IMO as just a huge tell, i just think it'll enhance the watches aesthetics even more so!

Whats the cost for double Ar/ cyclops and service/ waterproof mate

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Not sure precisely, mate and obviously different mods charge different; but from past times i've had these mods it'll be around:

c€150 for service (includes waterproof)
c€60 for double AR

Maybe they'd do cyclops for free if their feeling nice haha..

It's the 8 week wait that makes it hard! You'd have to get another watch to use for 8 weeks :D

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Suppose when you factor in shipping also your looking at €250, hmm that's another rep

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Will get the double AR and cyclops done + serviced & waterproofed. I agree i think it'll look much nicer with double AR, the cyclops blue doesn't bother me but i may aswell get it done whilst there. I mean with this one i'm not doing the mods to try and get closer to gen - the massive flaw of the logo makes it pointless IMO as just a huge tell, i just think it'll enhance the watches aesthetics even more so!

Would you swim with it if waterproofed, I ld freak out that the RG plating would fade with either chlorine or saltwater.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is so bad with the Logo?

And also Sharrkey, you ve mentioned you wash yours after every single use but what product do you use to leave the plating unharmed?

Thanks

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
There is a gap between the A&P should be closer together, I use the smallest amount of hand wash

mattcops

26/10/11
Would you swim with it if waterproofed, I ld freak out that the RG plating would fade with either chlorine or saltwater.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is so bad with the Logo?

And also Sharrkey, you ve mentioned you wash yours after every single use but what product do you use to leave the plating unharmed?

Thanks

J00 is talking about the space between the A and the P in the AP logo. On the rep there is a visible gap, but on the gen the gap is filled and part of the logo..

Mine:
u3e6y6u4.jpg

Gen:
ynesadut.jpg

Notice the logo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattcops

26/10/11
There is a gap between the A&P should be closer together, I use the smallest amount of hand wash

Ah, you beat me sharrkey!

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Thank you shark and mattcops for the quick answers, I had never even realized, doesnt really bother me to be honest...

HTR7Z08.jpg

DVDvqjp.jpg

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Suppose when you factor in shipping also your looking at €250, hmm that's another rep

I know what you mean, it's hard to justify, tbh everyone sais you don't bother servicing it unless they stop but with the 8 week wait I'll just get it done I think.

Not sure if I'd swim in it, depends how drunk I was hahaa.

+IRO to logo - it doesn't bother me, my point was i just don't see point in going all out trying to make as close to gen as the logo is such a give away it would be pointless. The double AR would just be to enhance the watch not make more accurate.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Out and about

633B20A5-BCE8-40E9-ADCE-6118816FB3A4-748-0000005936A0120D.jpg

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Decided to give this puppy a go today, think I'm coming round to it now:

yvuru4u8.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Where's all the quality pics you guys promised Come on let's keep this thread alive, I've a bottle of Creed Aventus arriving hopefully tomorrow so will shoot some new pics with it.

Sent from my Now Outdated iPad3 using Tapatalk

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Took them all quickly just now for you hahaa. Had some cool ideas too but not to do this late at night.

Matts letting us down! He's only posted one or two... ;)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Took them all quickly just now for you hahaa. Had some cool ideas too but not to do this late at night.

Matts letting us down! He's only posted one or two... ;)

Haha, quality mate how's the B&O sound system? Only B&O I've in the house is my house phone, got a couple of Bose units, wife got me a sound link for my birthday last year, and I bought a Yamaha sound bar for my tv, the sound from it is awesome.

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Haha, quality mate how's the B&O sound system? Only B&O I've in the house is my house phone, got a couple of Bose units, wife got me a sound link for my birthday last year, and I bought a Yamaha sound bar for my tv, the sound from it is awesome.

Awesome, man! That subwoofer is the most amazing thing you've ever heard, it makes the whole house shake without distorting, it's nuts!! The sound from new TV is great also and then we have 4 surround sound speakers around the room but only really put them on when we're watching a movie or listening to music, otherwise just comes from TV and sub.

If was ever trying to sell someone on getting similar system i'd just make them watch the 'africa' documentry in HD on loud, on some next level shit!

Is that the new sound link? It's amazing right!! Brother has one, mind was blown when heard what could come from that small size of a speaker :wub: Are yamaha decent, never heard there speakers before, except a guitar sub..?