• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak 15400 Gen vs. Rep (BP) comparison

Yinginbo

Do not accept unsolicited offers
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/11/13
Very high quality replica!!! Thanks for the comparison

jasonlcko

1/10/15
really appreciate the comparison, even though there subtle differences, the rep is close to gen at a arms length. Just picked up a JF 1:1 version!

Xsaf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/9/15
Very useful review!
the thread needs to be updated with JFvsGen review :)

ManuelaG

10/11/15
Hi everyone
I am an italian young lady I'm new on the forum
I kindly ask your help
I'm looking for a RO for me: steel 37 mm antracite dial long digits
I guess the 14790St is my reference but it's out of production.
And the new 37mm version 15450 St exists only with the white dial.
To tell you the truth I would like to buy the genuine one second hand watch
but I have very few chances to find it, at least here in Europe.
So please what do you suggest? Where can I find the best replicas online?
Thank you in advance

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Hi everyone
I am an italian young lady I'm new on the forum
I kindly ask your help
I'm looking for a RO for me: steel 37 mm antracite dial long digits
I guess the 14790St is my reference but it's out of production.
And the new 37mm version 15450 St exists only with the white dial.
To tell you the truth I would like to buy the genuine one second hand watch
but I have very few chances to find it, at least here in Europe.
So please what do you suggest? Where can I find the best replicas online?
Thank you in advance

Well you are in the right place. First you need to read read read and read some more. Then once you have figured this out a little bit better, you need to find a TD you feel will best suit your needs. Rule #1 is you buy the TD first, not the rep. Once you have that you should be in good shape. But you need to read anything and everything on the forum. Most members will be happy to help, but you will need to take some responsibility and educate yourself, as the knowledge is all here to be consumed.

Some questions like this are best asked in the "flame free zone" under replica watch general discussion, this will ensure that if you ask an uneducated question you will not get killed on the thread for being a noob.

My advice is to take your time, and interact and become a good contributing member and you will find this community is quite awesome!!!!

Good Luck!!!!

ManuelaG

10/11/15
Well you are in the right place. First you need to read read read and read some more. Then once you have figured this out a little bit better, you need to find a TD you feel will best suit your needs. Rule #1 is you buy the TD first, not the rep. Once you have that you should be in good shape. But you need to read anything and everything on the forum. Most members will be happy to help, but you will need to take some responsibility and educate yourself, as the knowledge is all here to be consumed.

Some questions like this are best asked in the "flame free zone" under replica watch general discussion, this will ensure that if you ask an uneducated question you will not get killed on the thread for being a noob.

My advice is to take your time, and interact and become a good contributing member and you will find this community is quite awesome!!!!

Good Luck!!!!
Thank you very much for the advices
I will follow them for sure

easfarmers

20/11/15
2eq97uo.jpg

AP 15400 TF Blue from Toro

easfarmers

20/11/15
for all those who didnt realise. the logo is misaligned.

the good news is, i opened the watch, used a tweezer to carefully push the logo back into alignment. Manage to straighten the logo. It's glued on i guess?

the bad news, in the process of retightening the screws at the back, i slipped and scratched the back real good. :cry2:

Espcustom

Getting To Know The Place
15/5/15
AP fan too I loved this review. Terrific job. Of course with that kind of horological level rep are easier to spot on and can't compete with gens.

m..c

8/12/15
Is JF the best option out there right now in regards to this model in silver and in rose?

andre233

1/8/13
Is JF the best option out there right now in regards to this model in silver and in rose?

a JF vs Gen comparison would certainly enlighten this... I am not the AP expert, but it seems pretty decent to me..

m..c

8/12/15
a JF vs Gen comparison would certainly enlighten this... I am not the AP expert, but it seems pretty decent to me..

Thanks, just ordered a JF. I may be able to do a comparison, if so I'll share.

psyphyc

Renowned Member
18/11/15
Excellent comparison. Much thanks for that. Just curious, am I the only one who cannot see the pictures in the original post?