• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
This thread reminds me my biggest replica world mistake, to sell the schumi, i had maybe 20 ap's more of them sold and honestly the only 1 i'm missing is the schumi. Just waiting for the $ to lose some value to jump again on the schumi. One of the best ap's out of the box i had...

SteveSS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/14
OMG I was thinking of my second watch before my first one arrived. Coolest thing I've ever seen.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I keep wanting this and then not wanting it (being an F1 fan, I wasn't a fan of Schumi)...
Do I.. Don't I...
Hmmmm

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
Maybe along with the GP it's the coolest AP i've ever had. Like it much more than the RB2

bmwmcrzy

Known Member
29/9/14
Do you guys think when the V2 is released with hopefully the correct dial color we will be able to just purchase the dial face and have someone swap it on our V1s ?

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I don't think they make a V2 and if yes I doubt they sell the dials separate

Sent from my iPhone 6

jackagi

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/11
I don't think they make a V2 and if yes I doubt they sell the dials separate

Sent from my iPhone 6

Why? Apparently quite a few people are waiting for the V2. So there is still a market and there are still potential buyers!

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I don't believe there was any talk of a V2. Lots of other projects coming out first so it will be a very long time if we see this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
I'm happy with my RG schumi so it doesn't really matter that much to me but I'm curious if NOOB will come out with their own version and perhaps make the dial the correct color?

Also can anyone tell me why NOOB has not put out their versions of newer releases like the 3 schumis and the Le bron in general?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

captainchardonnay

Horology Curious
13/3/15
Hey guys,

First post here. I've had my eye on this watch for a bit now and after going through 2675 posts I think I'm going to be getting the Ti. Before I was torn between the AP 44FC but the detailing, checkered flag design, stars, colors and crown have me sold.

Before I ask some questions on things I'm not clear about, I want to contribute a short summary of what I learned going through this thread so that others don't need to go through 2675 posts, half of which was eager anticipation for the release of the watch.

Some things that might be brought up during QC are:
1. discoloration of the titanium, not to be mistaken for a shadow or reflection. In post 2522

2. Misalignment of the tachymeter. Some people say they're cool with this but having the lines match up between 6 and 120 and the lines at 80 with the checkered flag line would be something important for me as it was for TonySoprano. Also I think it was the first QC pic but the second hand did not look like it matched up with the 12 marker. Something important to note is that even when I look at gens, the numbers don't always line up. I would never accept this if I was ever to pay 45-100k for a watch.

3. Some people said they were missing the AP logo or the name. Obviously something big but you might miss it because you just assume it would be there.

Tells
1. Checkered flag detail next to the DW

2. Color of the dial on the rep is darker. Personally I think the rep's color looks better though.

3. DW position too far to the right, font, and size too small

4. Red gloss of the hands and DW numerals

5. Case on the gen being about 14.15cm, while the rep is a bit thicker, I think by 2mm.

6. Open case back reveals the movement which doesn't look like the gen

I haven't been able to find him Domi on the forum so maybe it would be best to direct these questions directly to him if someone could PM me his email or something. Otherwise, now onto some questions before I purchase my first rep!

1. I know the Asia 7750 movement is the weakest part of this watch. Guru posted in posts 1859 and 2540 that Domi bought a Gen ETA 7750 movement with mods and installed it into the watch. Is this significantly better than the Asia 7750 or would a thorough cleaning of the Asia 7750 suffice?

2. What would be the best way for me to accomplish the same, sending the watch to Domi, or maybe Vac?

3. Assuming Domi is in the US, would it be risky to send my watch from Canada to him and then have it sent back? Should I get the TD to send the watch directly to Domi to save on some costs (of course I'd tell them before)?

4. Are they're any alternatives for accomplishing the same thing with less risk? I would love to learn how to order the parts and do all this myself but I have no experience, no tools, and do not want to risk messing things up.

(I would also get my watch waterproofed, 2xAR, and re-lumed if I were to send it to Domi all in one go.)

CC

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Capt chard, why don't you contact Guru? I think he might be helpful in answering your questions and maybe working out a solution with Domi. ETA 7750s have less gear chatter, better chrono mechanics and better winding and keyless systems--usually better reserve as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barney_stinson

Known Member
8/6/14
I wanted to buy a rosegold schumacher from Ryan, but unfortunately he told me that the watch has been all sold out and he has no information whether there would be a new batch or not.

so sad...