• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
No one knows. Its all speculation. However if decorated movements are installed then they might fix other things. A decorated movement or new movement is also speculation.

Also bear in mind Noob has not yet delivered their version. Their version may come with a correct colour dial and decorated movement since they have already started on the divers.

I really really hope so.....

RoseGold

7/7/13
Hi friends want to say AP Ti schumi is really a very nice watch but it's a pity I retuned it to TD and exchanged for another model due to some stains on the bezel that can't be removed. TD also try to find me a few more pieces but all seems to have stains on the bezel which I cannot accept. I just want to share this for those who are looking to purchase any schumi so that you can look out for it. From the photo you may feel that it's the light reflection, but it's not. The tone is different and more obvious in real life.

IMG_6750.jpg

Other than that the watch is amazing! Just want to give a brief review on the watch below

Construction Quality 9/10
Dial colour 3/10 (Totally wrong from the Gen)
AR 8/10
Time keeping 9/10
Power reserve 4/10
Comfort 10/10
Movement 5/10 (because date start to change at 11pm, and this will be a huge give away that it's a rep)

Mean time just like to share this Gen AP Ti Schumi video review I found on youtube for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers!!

LondonAP

Known Member
25/11/14
I've lived with my three Schumis for over a month now and remain impressed by the overall build and engineering quality.

I was trawling the internet and found a thread on the Rolex Forum about gen Schumis and am surprised to see the unsightly gaps on some of the gen watches between end links and case, plus strap and case. This is the thread: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=305165&highlight=schumacher

Take a look at post 21, for instance. There's no way I could live with a watch like that. All my rep Schumis have much closer tolerances with no visible gaps at all. I'm amazed at how these very expensive watches seem to vary in tolerance in that area.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I wonder if thos bezel stains can be removed with a good ultrasonic bath.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Hi friends want to say AP Ti schumi is really a very nice watch but it's a pity I retuned it to TD and exchanged for another model due to some stains on the bezel that can't be removed. TD also try to find me a few more pieces but all seems to have stains on the bezel which I cannot accept. I just want to share this for those who are looking to purchase any schumi so that you can look out for it. From the photo you may feel that it's the light reflection, but it's not. The tone is different and more obvious in real life.

IMG_6750.jpg

Other than that the watch is amazing! Just want to give a brief review on the watch below

Construction Quality 9/10
Dial colour 3/10 (Totally wrong from the Gen)
AR 8/10
Time keeping 9/10
Power reserve 4/10
Comfort 10/10
Movement 5/10 (because date start to change at 11pm, and this will be a huge give away that it's a rep)

Mean time just like to share this Gen AP Ti Schumi video review I found on youtube for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers!!

I had a similar problem but I had stains on the top and back of the pushers of my RG schumi. I noticed them in the QC and told the TD that if he wasent able to remove them I would be rejecting that watch but he was somehow able to so that's another area to look out for in the QC process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoseGold

7/7/13
Guys you know what? I think I know where the stains are coming from...

When we receive the watch it always comes with a silicone cover on the watch body. It might be from the residue of the silicone. Perhaps due to heat or moist, there are some chemical reaction from the silicone that melts into the bezel.

The stains are really difficult to remove, I tried most polish and it doesn't help.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
Yeah running an assembled movement in an ultrasonic bath is a big no.

Even when disassembled, some parts like the balance spring should not be cleaned in the ultrasonic bath.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
there are endless discussions on the Internet about watches in ultrasonic cleaners and i have found a very good review from a German watchsmith about this, he says it's no problem at all. So i tried it long time ago and it was no problem.

Sent from my iPhone 6

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
there are endless discussions on the Internet about watches in ultrasonic cleaners and i have found a very good review from a German watchsmith about this, he says it's no problem at all. So i tried it long time ago and it was no problem.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Cool thing to learn today for me.
I'm pretty sure running a Swiss movement in a properly waterproofed casing would have minimal side effects but was more concerned that it was a fragile sec@12 in the picture

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I have tried this with watches with A6497, A2836-2, A2824-2 and A7750 sec@12 movements. I had never any problem or other results at kello after the bath.
The watchsmith did it with a blum ocean-dweller, this watch has also a chines clone movement. His test was about 7h in a ultrasonic bath and the watch works exactly like before the bath.
BUT everyone must know what he do. I don't say "do it", i just say "i do it and i had never a problem after the bath"

Sent from my iPhone 6

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
I have tried this with a A6497, A2836-2, A2824-2 and A7750 sec@12. I had never any problem or other results at kello after the bath.
The watchsmith did it with a blum ocean-dweller, this watch has also a chines clone movement. His test was about 7h in a ultrasonic bath and the watch works exactly like before the bath.
BUT everyone must know what he do. I don't say "do it", i just say "i do it and i had never a problem after the bath"

Sent from my iPhone 6
Yup, just because your movements are ok does not mean others are.
But not just the movement the whole watch, some parts may not have been assembled as securely and this will increase the chance of something coming off. At the end if the day these are reps. E.g. the H screws on the hublot, notorious for falling off if not tightened.

Paladium

15/2/13
No one knows. Its all speculation. However if decorated movements are installed then they might fix other things. A decorated movement or new movement is also speculation.

Also bear in mind Noob has not yet delivered their version. Their version may come with a correct colour dial and decorated movement since they have already started on the divers.

Looking forward to this and keeping my fingers crossed. The wrong dial color is really irritating.

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
I have tried this with watches with A6497, A2836-2, A2824-2 and A7750 sec@12 movements. I had never any problem or other results at kello after the bath.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Fascinating. I've just ordered a ultrasonic bath and am open to learning more!

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
imo def do not stick a watch with decorated movement in. I've seen enough of those decorated plates fall off by themselves to know that would be a bad idea. unless you are fine with opening up the watch after to reglue the part.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Here is Domi's watch which he got today
Gen eta 7750, Crown issue fixed to right position, AR, relume

a7f5ff64722a407b7cf2bac5aedad3cc.jpg

2ef33824dbc7b09036fe273907fd45be.jpg

42c96970e33e31f4b1e3f59100db2ad4.jpg

0381a4ec2eeac70e323f58b7fcfcba04.jpg

2de305c4ce398459ab94c3b59f3492e3.jpg

sent from my iPad Air