• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Any word on Lebron Release?

Not heard anything Daz, but tbh I've not asked!

79d8d2d624a76c30d5eba5f83024e9f9.jpg

726872688674951a13b90e1a4bf3f565.jpg

18ea4c0c53149d456173d88e2f549fff.jpg

acb6ec73b7dc39607e34f11f018990af.jpg

8db7e2a44a6cc71d30170e06e1998597.jpg

d964d88027472a5f1a99023691a88f09.jpg

81a2d6af49a7c5c39844010867194eed.jpg

Feck this gives me Wood[emoji5]?

Sent from my [emoji519]iPhone

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Received the Schumi today through the efficient and friendly team surrounding psychospike.
In some ways, what we have here is a watch stylistically between Grey Themes ROO and Grand Prix series (I think the pushers/guards are exactly the same on GP), with none of the problems with the FC parts or side-cars. Schumi will be, like GP, a nice inflatable franchise for rep factories as they push the basic design through RG and Plat editions, like the GP franchise did, and we will all be trapped in this "Hotel Cali" thread for probably another 6 months anticipating the release of the "next 2 Schumis." What you get with the Ti Schumi is a watch with the quality of a modified Gp (maybe 75% modified) without the hassle of doing those GP mods yourself. GP base watch is much, much inferior to where Schumi gets you out of the box. The Schumi still desperately needs an 2XAR crystal, IMO, as the surface reflection is a little harsh, but the other parts will probably not need much modding if you are not a total obsessive. You could re-sand-blast. some of the Ti parts (Pusher guards, case back, crown, etc.) for a coarser texture more true to gen. I will be taking the watch apart in coming days to test certain aspects of its hardware, and to nudge that Xtal out to replace with something far, far better, in gen league of Xtals, with 2XAR from a supplier far removed from our usual supply references. I will be curious to test the hardness of the screws and nuts, etc. and to see the construction of the dial, but to all those on the fence, the slaughterer says: buy the Schumi. Ok, the dial is far too dark (darker than Grey Themes V1 and V2), but the watch is a stunning rep. PS the rep rubber strap is softer than an OEM 44m strap: a major advance in replication of rubber straps.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Received the Schumi today through the efficient and friendly team surrounding psychospike.
In some ways, what we have here is a watch stylistically between Grey Themes ROO and Grand Prix series (I think the pushers/guards are exactly the same on GP), with none of the problems with the FC parts or side-cars. Schumi will be, like GP, a nice inflatable franchise for rep factories as they push the basic design through RG and Plat editions, like the GP franchise did, and we will all be trapped in this "Hotel Cali" thread for probably another 6 months anticipating the release of the "next 2 Schumis." What you get with the Ti Schumi is a watch with the quality of a modified Gp (maybe 75% modified) without the hassle of doing those GP mods yourself. GP base watch is much, much inferior to where Schumi gets you out of the box. The Schumi still desperately needs an 2XAR crystal, IMO, as the surface relocation is a little harsh, but the other parts will probably not need much modding if you are not a total obsessive. You could re-sand-blast. some of the Ti parts (Pusher guards, case back, crown, etc.) for a coarser texture more true to gen. I will be taking the watch apart in coming days to test certain aspects of its hardware, and to nudge that Xtal out to replace with something far, far better, in gen league of Xtals, with 2XAR from a supplier far removed from out usually references. I will be curious to test the hardness of the screws and nuts, etc. and to see the construction of the dial, but to all those on the fence, the slaughterer say: buy the Schumi. Ok, the dial is far too dark (darker than Grey Themes V1 and V2), but the watch is a stunning rep.

Glad you got yours bud! I was thinking the same thing about the pushers! Def need to upgrade those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
it's indeed a upgrade that needs to be done,but it's not a hard fix can do it myself
will do when i have the time

yentob

22/7/12
In some ways, what we have here is a watch stylistically between Grey Themes ROO and Grand Prix series (I think the pushers/guards are exactly the same on GP), with none of the problems with the FC parts or side-cars. Schumi will be, like GP, a nice inflatable franchise for rep factories as they push the basic design through RG and Plat editions, like the GP franchise did, and we will all be trapped in this "Hotel Cali" thread for probably another 6 months anticipating the release of the "next 2 Schumis." What you get with the Ti Schumi is a watch with the quality of a modified Gp (maybe 75% modified) without the hassle of doing those GP mods yourself. GP base watch is much, much inferior to where Schumi gets you out of the box. The Schumi still desperately needs an 2XAR crystal, IMO, as the surface reflection is a little harsh, but the other parts will probably not need much modding if you are not a total obsessive. You could re-sand-blast. some of the Ti parts (Pusher guards, case back, crown, etc.) for a coarser texture more true to gen. I will be taking the watch apart in coming days to test certain aspects of its hardware, and to nudge that Xtal out to replace with something far, far better, in gen league of Xtals, with 2XAR from a supplier far removed from our usual supply references. I will be curious to test the hardness of the screws and nuts, etc. and to see the construction of the dial, but to all those on the fence, the slaughterer says: buy the Schumi. Ok, the dial is far too dark (darker than Grey Themes V1 and V2), but the watch is a stunning rep. PS the rep rubber strap is softer than an OEM 44m strap: a major advance in replication of rubber straps.

In agreement. Also agree regarding the rubber strap, this one is spot on and v.close to gen.

One request, would you mind taking pics and creating a new thread showing the breakdown of the Schumi, will be interesting! have fun.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Yes, ok, I will do a Schumi breakdown, probably over weekend. Ubforuntately, I currently have about 4 watches broken down, and I need to reassemble them beforehand though.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
In agreement. Also agree regarding the rubber strap, this one is spot on and v.close to gen.

One request, would you mind taking pics and creating a new thread showing the breakdown of the Schumi, will be interesting! have fun.

One note about the rubber, I have the XS and the OEM (J12) rubber. They are identical in softness, but the J12 fac one has a better texture definition.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I compared the rep rubber with gen rubber, both 44mm straps. The rep rubber is softer than the gen rubber strap. I do not know if this will impact durability. But the rep is more comfortable as a result.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
If they do the gold I'll jump on it. I wasn't digging the titanium but Damn that gold is Sexy. I need it

Sent from under 7 feet of snow

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
Mine arriveeed todayyy, it's a wow, def should buy. Very happy with it. Million thanks to sharrkey for the great watch and fast shipping.
Some photos, a bit shitty sorry, iphone 4s today :(

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Mine arriveeed todayyy, it's a wow, def should buy. Very happy with it. Million thanks to sharrkey for the great watch and fast shipping.
Some photos, a bit shitty sorry, iphone 4s today :(

Glad it arrived safe and quick bud enjoy[emoji12][emoji106]

Sent from my [emoji519]iPhone

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
^ Is that the Gray strap right? Anyone have a picture comparing the colour of the gray rubber to the black rubber?

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Hum, this shumi could be a nice modded, franken or even genestein project,

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
There is never just one Schumi in your life.

Yes, agree, I may order another one and modd it, movement, AR, lume and maybe pushers, when done, sell the one I have, can't be without it. I had about 25 APs, still have 15, but this is the best.I do not have a GP, so let us wait until that arrives

sent from my iPad Air