• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver - The Details Comparisons about rep and gen diver.

torrentmt

Horology Curious
22/9/14
I have a question.

How is the crystal compare to the bezel in terms of height? is it on level or slightly above, or recess?

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
I have a different question, which maker has the more correct case back gasket and from which version?

E

demolitionman

7/2/14
Great Post, thank you Valante!
Why has this not made been upgraded to STICKY status!
I have yet to take the AP SS ROO diver plunge, this is the best reference info collected in one thread that I've come across, c'mon, STICKY IT...please

bangalter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/11
Is the v7 inner bezel a direct swap with the Noob v5.1? Or do you need to transplant the entire v7 bezel assembly to the Noob v5.1 case?

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
everybit of info anyone need to know to dive in to the rep game ,especially for an AP Diver...you are a true AP enthusiast mate:)

leo12142002

Horology Curious
6/8/13
Recently, I got Noob V5.1 and JF V7. Just want to consult which part I shall use from which version if I would like to mask them up to the best. Take example

Dial from JF?
Case from Noob?
Hands from?

Can someone advise me? Thanks!

bangalter

Banned
12/10/11
Based on what I've gathered here, I'd say everything Noob with the exception of the inner bezel assembly that will be swapped from the JFac diver. Sell off the JFac thereafter but please remember to disclose the swapped parts in your sales thread ;)

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I read this thread every single day, and I'm always surprised that's not stickied yet :(

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
Is the v7 inner bezel a direct swap with the Noob v5.1? Or do you need to transplant the entire v7 bezel assembly to the Noob v5.1 case?

Sorry if the answer is to late, but better than never.

the answer is yes. it is a direct swap, even with the gen its also a direct swap.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
some eye candy of the brotherhood of the DIVER's

To bad the SS is not on the pics as she's in another continent

bangalter

Banned
12/10/11
Better late than never indeed, thanks mate! :)

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
I am always a bit annoyed by the lume of my diver. Is it normal that the lume is not strong? To be brutally honest the lume on my citizen and seiko are much better than my AP Diver reps. Is this normal? And is a relume advised? I have a noob V4 FC Diver.

bangalter

Banned
12/10/11
I remember reading on the forum that the rep lume is pretty much on par with the gen i.e not that bright to begin with.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
I remember reading on the forum that the rep lume is pretty much on par with the gen i.e not that bright to begin with.

Well that is good to know. Thanks. And pretty obvious that AP never intended their clients to use their watch as a real diver's watch