• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Bands presents: Capolavoro Brushed Titanium Alligator Strap

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Updated with additional shots outside.

Also worth mentioning is that I have seen in more then a few posts that members claim the APbands straps be "stiff", this came a little stiff but after "breaking it in" for a week it´s way smoother.
Rather have a strap that´s stiff in the beginning and get smoother but keeping it´s shape then a strap that´s to soft and loose fit and shape faster. Just my two cents ;)

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Looks great, just can't get over how expensive the AP straps are compared to the Quality you can get for half as much in panerai.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Agree partly, probably lot more work involved with getting the inserts that meet endlinks correct without making it flimsy.
But there are more then a few PAM straps that got silly prices attached to them as well ;)

239$ for a black Paci strap like this is kind of steep no matter of how waterproofed it is http://www.mariopaci.com/24mm/MP_PAV_98.html

But I think we all can agree this watch biz can go quite bananas when it comes to prices on parts and watches haha!
And suckers like we are we always pay up in the end...

...Yes I´m looking at you Mr 93150 Rolex oyster bracelet on Ebay for 400$...

tedjosg2003

Known Member
2/12/10
Amazing really.. I keep coming back to this thread just to see the straps + watch combo..

If APB can make it in other color, I think we're in for a treat :)

P.S: Black brushed Titanium with red stitches would look perfect on TA2010 IMO

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
@tedjo

You do know they do custom straps for your watch (and pay a little extra) dont you? ;)

Email ask them for price and if it can be done.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S2

samurai jack

5/6/07
Awesome. I have the same strap as well and was planning to put it on the CP. Now...just need to buy the CP.

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
That is the perfect strap for that watch!
A match made in heaven!

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Agree partly, probably lot more work involved with getting the inserts that meet endlinks correct without making it flimsy.
But there are more then a few PAM straps that got silly prices attached to them as well ;)

239$ for a black Paci strap like this is kind of steep no matter of how waterproofed it is http://www.mariopaci.com/24mm/MP_PAV_98.html

But I think we all can agree this watch biz can go quite bananas when it comes to prices on parts and watches haha!
And suckers like we are we always pay up in the end...

...Yes I´m looking at you Mr 93150 Rolex oyster bracelet on Ebay for 400$...

Nah mate, that MP is expensive because it's PAV leather, which is getting rarer and rarer. This leather basically comes from the factory who supplied Panerai with leather for the straps of their Pre-v models in the early 90's. if you want to buy an OEM Pre-V strap from PAV leather, that's gonna set you back around $1200 depending on the condition. So you see, that MP strap is quite a bargain, really.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Aaah I see, thats quite cool indeed :)
Thanks for that info Q.
Got lots of stuff to learn about the PAM's.

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
AP straps are compared to the Quality you can get for half as much in panerai.
Seeing that APBands is mainly aiming at genuine Audemars Piguet owners, I don't see any problem with their price. People who can afford a ~$25,000 watch probably will not care about the pricetag on the APBands strap.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Seeing that APBands is mainly aiming at genuine Audemars Piguet owners, I don't see any problem with their price. People who can afford a ~$25,000 watch probably will not care about the pricetag on the APBands strap.

+1

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.