• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

one handed watches???

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I am a bit clueless about one-handed watches. There are some really good companies like Schauer, Fortis, Meistersinger and others that produce these but what is the appeal and the point of these watches?? It would drive me crazy wondering what time it is while looking at my watch. :shock:

meistersingersingletan_398_detailMe.jpg

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
no need to be confused,
i always like one hand watches....its easier then you think, the little increments are each 5 min.....

the larger ones are quarter, half, 3 quarter and full hour.

the MEISTERSINGER watch shows..... 10.24 i think thats all the precision you need ....no more....my watch is 3 seconds late ?

who CARES ??

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
That's the simplest complication ever :D

I like it and would like something like this to add to my collection.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
other than the fact that the watch looks like it was injured in the war, I like the clean style and the simplicity but it just looks incomplete to me. Like the watchmaker had too much to drink that day. Heck, I can get pretty close guessing the time looking at the sun too. :D

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Pix said:
That's the simplest complication ever :D

I like it and would like something like this to add to my collection.

x2 in a more rugged/sport design

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
David,

you can very easily read the time correct to the minute. in 99% of the case, you dont need no more precision.

i love the simplicity.....you read the time 10x, and its never a problem no more.

very intresting design.....very popular in germany......looky here

MeisterSinger_MM103.jpg

Jubilaeumsmodell_ED106.jpg

nice movement ( for UNITAS FREAKS LIKE ME !! )

ED-2-05neu.jpg

and here with a UNITAS movement that makes PANERAI look pale.....

meistersingeredition1zym4.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Ha! Love how on some of those pics they still took the picture at 10:10... That's hilarious... I get the point with two-handed watches, but with a one-handed watch is just so funny that they bothered.

Nice looking watches by the way.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Well, they look ok but I would not spend any money on it.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
If this were repped, I wonder how long it would take before someone found a way to rip on hour hand sweep. :p

JSL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/09
Nice look to the watches. But I don't think that is something I could get used to.

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08
I thought this was a post about people with only one arm. Tough job taking the watch on and off; I have enough trouble with 2 hands.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
This post is about 1 armed people who are either retired or on gubmint disability and, therefore, do not require accuracy in their time pieces. :D

jrlmsla

9/1/16
No more confusing than a 24 hour dial IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schulich98

23/9/16
DSCN1144.jpg

Well Danny, you may want a clock to go with it too! :bleh:

I had the pleasure of attending some really cool events in the past, hosted by some of the top names in watches like Zenith, Ulysse Nardin, IWC, Hublot, Bvlgari, Linde Werdelin, Bremont, Ernst Benz, and MeisterSinger (probably missed a couple of others). MeisterSinger, being the smaller and less known company of the bunch, had the best swag. Got this awesome wall clock made from frosted glass which prompted me to get a Luch wristwatch to go with it.

I know, I know, you're going to ask why you didn't buy an MS watch to go with the MS clock. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was feeling the 1-handed look and the styles that were available at the time weren't very appealing to me, but now that I'm back in the watch game, I think I might have to pull the trigger on a gen in the near future.