• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Bands presents: Capolavoro Brushed Titanium Alligator Strap

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Yes it´s FINALLY here...

After an amazingly long wait, placed the order early May and received the strap 8th of August I must say I´m very pleased with the result :)
This is one out of two straps made from Quote "a special Alligator Hide that looks like brushed Titanium, This is an extremely limited skin"
I was dead set on another strap when Guru pointed me in the direction of this one, thanks Mr D.
APB thought it might be ready for shipping early June but now 2 months later it arrived.

Some things about the strap.

The fit, it fits PERFECT against the case and endlinks sits so snug against the strap cut-outs it´s unbelievable, even better then my black hornback strap.
APBands using a composite insert (endlinks cutouts) instead of the metal one´s Audemars Piguet uses since the metal one´s might eat through the leather/skin.
So if you ask me it´s sounds way smarter to have the composite inserts that Apbands using.
I choose the long option (120mm x 80mm) for the 7”+ wrists, and it´s more then enough strap left for the catcher rings.

Nice and even stitches in a matching grey colour to go with the Ti gator skin.
Gator pattern is subtle and clean, dressier look then the rubber so to speak, would not feel strange to wear this combo to a really nice suit for any occasion. Pure class!
The colour itself of the strap is very hard to define, it´s one of those ”you have to see it in person” type of colours, Ti greyish/ anthracite, matte/shiny sort of.

Tried to catch it in the pictures, but really hard to make it look just ”right” will make a note at the picture I think look closest to real life colour. (the two last at the bottom)

All in all, it was worth the wait and I´m very pleased with it and it´s always fun with a unique strap.

Here´s a link to APBands: http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ROO-CAPO-BRUSHEDTITANIUM&Category_Code=APROO&Product_Count=2

Now onto the quick and dirty pic´s. ;)

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00011.jpg

These last two is close for colour reference, but think "Graphite pen grey" a little greysilverish shiny colour is closer to reality :)
Image00010.jpg

*EDIT: Added additional shots shot in daylight with a little cloudy sky.

P1040500.jpg

P1040498.jpg

P1040499.jpg

P1040497.jpg

P1040496.jpg

P1040495.jpg

P1040493.jpg

And the wristshot!

IMG_9567.jpg

armanou-pascal

Renowned Member
24/7/11
Indeed this is really a perfect looking and matching strap !
Congrats at all !
... wasn't really cheap?

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Got lucky ;)
Since it was a pre-order I got it for 229usd instead of 279usd and they threw a pair of bars+ caps in the package! Awesome service from APB.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
That is a work of art! Excellent match to the watch, congratulations! ;-)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
hey my friend, glad you followed my advise and the result looks perfect.

Great combo, looks like I need to get one.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Thanks all, it´s a killer combo :)
Got complimented on it today by a hardcore PAM guy, that eyed it a looong time haha!
And D, if you ask the people over at APbands the "might" have one for you, if not I can lend you the strap when you want to dress up your future Chronopassion ;)

Not tried it on the Black theme yet.

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Looks great! Will you be able to post some pics in normal day light without all those shinny reflections? Thanks.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
wow! freaking awesome looking combination! the strap's colour ish really unique! great buy that!

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
...congrats on that strap...and here is my CP with a matte grey gator from APBands.

Dr. Theo

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Wow! I'm going to place an order for one of these for my CP too! Thanks for the post!