• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF - New Release

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I have received the 15202 Quartz version today. Damn is that little fukker a stunner although it is a cheapie. Quality feels decent for what it is. Now I want all colors and automatic. I hope they improve the printing on the dial, couldn't care less about the thickness. Just the printing.. 15400 is probably better but 41mm will be too big for me. 15202 is just the right size.

Care to post some pics?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Guys.... I am so tempted to just buy a JF 15202 just to take some glamour shots and feel it on my wrist. Convince me out of it. Will it sell on M2M you think?

The Quartz version... it looks bad to me. The bracelet finishing looks cheap. The case and bezel don't quite have the lustre of the gen or even the JF. The dial looks cheap and not spaced out correctly.

The JF has a lot of things right. It has 4 major things wrong, but if I got the quartz I would kick myself. If I got the automatic JF version... I would be okay with it until JF refreshed the model (which they might not do, right?). The dial bothers me - both the tapisserie and printing, but the date font REALLY bothers me.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Guys.... I am so tempted to just buy a JF 15202 just to take some glamour shots and feel it on my wrist. Convince me out of it. Will it sell on M2M you think?

The Quartz version... it looks bad to me. The bracelet finishing looks cheap. The case and bezel don't quite have the lustre of the gen or even the JF. The dial looks cheap and not spaced out correctly.

The JF has a lot of things right. It has 4 major things wrong, but if I got the quartz I would kick myself. If I got the automatic JF version... I would be okay with it until JF refreshed the model (which they might not do, right?). The dial bothers me - both the tapisserie and printing, but the date font REALLY bothers me.

so i get it as you are basing your opinion on the quartz on photos only, am I right ?

Well that thing does not look cheap at all on the wrist. That's all I'm saying

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It does if you have the old quartz version which i have trust me the new has the cheapest bracelet ive ever seen, the rest is ok but the bracelet is really the cheapest shit ive ever seen in my life. Even the old quartz had a better one. The dial case is ok but the bracelet is the reason why i buy the JF because i cant wear the quartz anymore it cuts in my arm or falling apart (happens 3x times and i always put the screws back in) sorry but no the DC factory quartz version is terrible. If you can get the version without the automatic writing (aka the old version) then you are on the save side.

Reactions: vcappp

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
It does if you have the old quartz version which i have trust me the new has the cheapest bracelet ive ever seen, the rest is ok but the bracelet is really the cheapest shit ive ever seen in my life. Even the old quartz had a better one. The dial case is ok but the bracelet is the reason why i buy the JF because i cant wear the quartz anymore it cuts in my arm or falling apart (happens 3x times and i always put the screws back in) sorry but no the DC factory quartz version is terrible. If you can get the version without the automatic writing (aka the old version) then you are on the save side.

Thanks for this major information, I was about to order the Sead quartz but if the bracelet is cheap shit i prefer stick with my jf v4.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I have a jf v2 bracelet and unless they changed it it's 100x better than the quartz and I didn't smooth it or something like that.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
no like i wrote a page before, waiting for it. 2x movement problems now the third is tested and hopefully get shipped till friday or it will delay 2 weeks because of CNY i don't know.

Edit: The priting did not change on all three of them.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18

I haven't tried the JF version but I have the new quartz and the bracelet isn't as bad as I was expecting. Obviously nowhere near gen (in feel, flexibility, and finishing). I knew I'd have to help break it in a little before wearing, but I was prepared for that. It was a little stiff at first but the ol' WD40 bath helped a lot. A lot of black shit (presumably from between the links) ended up coming out and floating in the bag at the end.

There was also an extra piece of metal still stuck to one of the links that was preventing it from properly bending with the link next to it, but I managed to slice that off with a razor without leaving any obvious signs on the bracelet.

The corners of the links were a little sharp for my liking and I could foresee it potentially pulling threads when wearing a suit, but I managed to (carefully) smooth those out using a fingernail buffer thing (it has 7 sides, each with a different grit level) without taking away from the polishing.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Mine is terrible no idea maybe they upgrade it but mine is miles away from the old quartz version (which i still love only the dial is not good).

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Mine is terrible no idea maybe they upgrade it but mine is miles away from the old quartz version (which i still love only the dial is not good).

I believe you have a lousy one then. Mine is not bad

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I believe you have a lousy one then. Mine is not bad

Other people had the same issues iam not the only one the QC on them are not good at all btw did you have the old one without automatic writing?

mech500 had the same issues i believe

Drew01

3/7/12

I was tempted as well, but the center pinion fucked the whole thing up to me. I think JF doesn't deserve our 500$ for this. Not buying it is a statement that we are not just sheep that are gonna buy everything.
I hope they are working on a V2 with smaller pinion, better date wheel, better printing (something they can easily do)

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I was tempted as well, but the center pinion fucked the whole thing up to me. I think JF doesn't deserve our 500$ for this. Not buying it is a statement that we are not just sheep that are gonna buy everything.
I hope they are working on a V2 with smaller pinion, better date wheel, better printing (something they can easily do)

+1

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

Dude you're right. We'll see if I can hold out though... Appreciate everyone's insight. I'll just have to be happy with my 15450 for now.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14

Amen!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

unless JF custom manufactures the CP and hour wheel for 9015 the problem will not be fixed in any version. gen 2121 movement does not have second pinion to cause any obstacle

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
unless JF custom manufactures the CP and hour wheel for 9015 the problem will not be fixed in any version. gen 2121 movement does not have second pinion to cause any obstacle

but the diameter of the 15400 CP is a bit smaller even with second pinion or am i mistaken?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
but the diameter of the 15400 CP is a bit smaller even with second pinion or am i mistaken?

diameter 15400 hour hand does indeed look smaller. that center cap is the flaw that stares you in the eye and never un-see