• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Bought a B&R recently?

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
I thought I was safe with my WMF one but on further inspection of my accepted QC pics looks like my date wheel could be black also, will have to wait till I receive it to check. Looks like once you see it you can’t unsee it even if no one else notices!

Another angle here

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Yes, black date wheel, sorry for you. If yours also comes with a Miyota mouvement, the only other option would be white...
Unless you find another green dial watch using a Miyota. I have found a Helson Shark Diver with an orange date (on the photos) but I'm sure that the rectangular date window is way larger than the round B&R pinhole...And the Helson date is at 4'30...they don't have a green one I'm afraid. As I said, it's never simple....All the BR03 reps I have seen seem to have black date wheels...even the white dial one, go figure.
But theoretically, one could get the white diver rep, purchase a Miyota 9015 white date wheel and swap it? Ah...here's a good excuse to get the white one ;)

Reactions: Oxfordgreen1

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
It's never simple as I said.
The white diver BR03 on trusty time web site shows an off-white dial with a pure white date wheel. But photos can lie. It's the black case one.
Same difference on the chazing time photos.

The stainless steel version with the white dial has a black date (both on TT and Intime). The gen SS has a white date but photos show different shades of white, could be the shadow inside the date window.

So it seems that the options for a matching date colour rep is either black dials or black case off-white dial with pure white date wheel...unless, unless you order a stainless steel rep and ask your TD to swap the date disc from the black pvd one ?? Or find a TD which can get a matching date one. Who needs the date on a diver watch anyway ?

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
It's never simple as I said.
The white diver BR03 on trusty time web site shows an off-white dial with a pure white date wheel. But photos can lie. It's the black case one.
Same difference on the chazing time photos.

The stainless steel version with the white dial has a black date (both on TT and Intime). The gen SS has a white date but photos show different shades of white, could be the shadow inside the date window.

So it seems that the options for a matching date colour rep is either black dials or black case off-white dial with pure white date wheel...unless, unless you order a stainless steel rep and ask your TD to swap the date disc from the black pvd one ?? Or find a TD which can get a matching date one. Who needs the date on a diver watch anyway ?

The date wheels on all BR reps were notorious for being the major flaw from day one, usually because they were never centered. Now it’s a completely different story with the colors being off. IMO not something to stress over, especially for a watch that is now on the cheaper side if you were to purchase a GEN.

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
The date wheels on all BR reps were notorious for being the major flaw from day one, usually because they were never centered. Now it’s a completely different story with the colors being off. IMO not something to stress over, especially for a watch that is now on the cheaper side if you were to purchase a GEN.
Just received mine today from Trusty, the date
just received mine now from TT (WMF factory) and I’m blown away by the watch, it’s pretty much perfect and the date wheel is very difficult to tell whether it’s dark green or black and no one else will notice.

Will do a review on my other thread

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Came with a rubber strap and a spare leather one. Have checked that the dates are perfectly centered. For me it looks ok. Just too small. I wish B&R made them bigger. Or got rid of it.

Looks so good I’m thinking of getting a blue one. Or a white one. Or both. And the gen. Aaaah too many watches already !!!

Reactions: Oxfordgreen1

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
Came with a rubber strap and a spare leather one. Have checked that the dates are perfectly centered. For me it looks ok. Just too small. I wish B&R made them bigger. Or got rid of it.

Looks so good I’m thinking of getting a blue one. Or a white one. Or both. And the gen. Aaaah too many watches already !!!

Looks great congratulations!

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Ah, another twist in the plot.
On the puretime website, the blue B&R diver has a blue date disc.
Not sure if this is bullshit or for real.
Has anyone out there ordered this model recently ?

Soyla355

Supporter
Certified
22/4/16
I'd say wait for one to come up in m2m sales.

muzzytoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
30/9/22
I have a gen B&R - 03-94 Aviation Heritage - It was my wedding gift, and it's lovely, but as it's a Gen, even not a crazy priced one, I only dare wear it on special occasions!

3KQsD1.jpg

muzzytoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
30/9/22
Are there reps out there of the BR-X1 Tourbillon RS17? Or anything Tourbillion style BR like that with bright colors. I've never seen one on JTime (the only TD I use or at least thus far have used) but I would love to have one!

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Really love that orange one but the orange color is way off and that datewheel not matching…..

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Really love that orange one but the orange color is way off and that datewheel not matching…..
Yes the black date wheel :cautious:...but appart from that, the rep is so good that I'm getting used to it. A white date wheel would have been better. As for the dial colour, I can only judge from memory. I would need to see the gen in a shop when I'm wearing mine (very low probability). My photos don't show the real colour and speciality the shine. Have you seen the rep and the gen side by side ?
Now I want the gen...

Reactions: Thewatchwolf

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS

I just got my bronze green dial via m2m and while the date wheel is black it is hard to really tell when looking up close as it just looks like a shadow and impossible on the wrist. Generally love the watch and super happy even but I would love to swap the date wheel one day.

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK

I just got my bronze green dial via m2m and while the date wheel is black it is hard to really tell when looking up close as it just looks like a shadow and impossible on the wrist. Generally love the watch and super happy even but I would love to swap the date wheel one day.
Gorgeous watch

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany

Lovely beast. I have the orange one, also with the black date wheel. I haven't found a Miyota date wheel disc. I guess it will be impossible to find one aligned for date at 4:30 and with such small font...and the correct colour. I think the wrong shade of green would be worse than the black. I would prefer no date window at all...