• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Bought a B&R recently?

vonG

6/9/10
Fun fact..... more than 10 years ago I bought the BR02-94 rep and wore it daily for years.

It took a lot of abuse, and for some reason I let it go.

This past year I found a Gen and had to have it.
The pricing on 02's is probably the best value out there.... B&R depreciation on gen's is horrid.

Which is good for those looking for used!

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Yes, the B&R orange diver I ordered from Trusty Time is not on their website. And half of the watches they list are not available. Will ask about BR02, just to make sure.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Fun fact..... more than 10 years ago I bought the BR02-94 rep and wore it daily for years.

It took a lot of abuse, and for some reason I let it go.

This past year I found a Gen and had to have it.
The pricing on 02's is probably the best value out there.... B&R depreciation on gen's is horrid.

Which is good for those looking for used!

I followed your advice and looked for a used one.
Found a few around the 3500 to 4000 EUR mark. You are saying the depreciation on new ones is bad. How much were these when they came out ?
In today's money. And a 2017 BR03 diver is only 25% cheaper than a new one (on Chrono 24). I'm not en expert on used watches value but I wish that my car held the same value. I would like to find a decent rep on M2M, wear it for some time before going for a used gen.

vonG

6/9/10
the old 03-92 rep’s when available were very good, but still not without problems.
the cost to service movement from new (yes, this was a thing) and broken crown/stripped case screws and quickly dried out and cracking straps adds up fast.

only you can decide what you accept.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Just received a B&R BR 03-92 Diver (orange). Got it from TrustyTime. I’m impressed with the rep even if the date’s background is black (orange on gen). Doesn’t bother me but if you are looking for an exact rep this is an obvious tell.

Maybe I should get a blue one before they become unavailable?

I’ve asked TT about a BR02 but was told that they are not available. As expected.

championdefoot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/23
France
Anyone have any experience with one of these BR03-94s ?
I've been considering one for a while, but I haven't found any info in regards to the factory. Also, I've yet to find an owner of one of them.

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
If this is really available will try to get one

The main issue with this one is the background of the datewheel not matching the dial. Its what stopped me from pulling the trigger. Never understood why these factories always mess up a simple thing like this.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
The main issue with this one is the background of the datewheel not matching the dial. Its what stopped me from pulling the trigger. Never understood why these factories always mess up a simple thing like this.
Yes I know it’s really dumb. Apart from that glaring mistake, the rep is fine. Mind you, I have a Panerai rep with spelling mistakes on the case engraving ! I only ordered the B&R with the wrong datewheel fearing that they won’t be available for long. I’m saving to get me a gen, ideally a used one but probably hard to find in orange. The next option is to find a gen orange datewheel but i guess it wont fit in the miyota mouvement…

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
So I just bought a bronze green dial BR03 from M2M. It isn't made any longer so I was happy to pull the trigger but the biggest glare is the black date wheel instead of the green. Does anybody know where I could source a gen or replacement green date wheel?

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
Also, what is a good source for a B&R strap? Ziczac or something similar?

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
So I just bought a bronze green dial BR03 from M2M. It isn't made any longer so I was happy to pull the trigger but the biggest glare is the black date wheel instead of the green. Does anybody know where I could source a gen or replacement green date wheel?
My consensus is the factories had a lot of generic black datewheels left over so they just threw them into all of these new models. Pretty sure all of the parts are sourced from the leftover stock of the different factories that went out of business during the raids. Highly doubt you will have any luck in sourcing a gen datewheel to match the dial. That nuance alone is what stopped me from purchasing more models. Dead giveaway and eyesore, IMO.

Reactions: Gtmatt22

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
That is what I was worried about. It won't stop me from enjoying it but I figured sourcing a dial would be a long shot. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Thewatchwolf

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
That is what I was worried about. It won't stop me from enjoying it but I figured sourcing a dial would be a long shot. Thanks for the reply.
My pleasure. Watches, like art, are all about personal preference. If you love something no matter what flaws might be present, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I ever come across any Gen date wheels, I will reach out.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Unless I’m mistaken you need a Miyota date wheel…nothing on google 😩 I have the orange diver rep with a black date wheel as well. Am starting to save for a gen. Unless someone can retrofit a Seiko mouvement in this rep case for which you can get a green date wheel. Long shot. And would that green be the same than the dial ? Never simple eh…

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
Unless I’m mistaken you need a Miyota date wheel…nothing on google 😩 I have the orange diver rep with a black date wheel as well. Am starting to save for a gen. Unless someone can retrofit a Seiko mouvement in this rep case for which you can get a green date wheel. Long shot. And would that green be the same than the dial ? Never simple eh…
I thought I was safe with my WMF one but on further inspection of my accepted QC pics looks like my date wheel could be black also, will have to wait till I receive it to check. Looks like once you see it you can’t unsee it even if no one else notices!