• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another terrible bad review of Hont Watch.

treacherousmainspring

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/6/24
Bought two watches from Hont. A VC6000 Tourb and a 7118 from PPF. GL the VC and received it. It had a broken tourbillon on arrival which stopped the watch from working as soon as you flipped it over.

He "couldn't" locate the part, I have had to send it to a watchmaker and it's going to cost me 150€ extra.

The 7118, I RLd it because the dial color was too grey instead of white and since he wasn't taking responsibility for the repair of the VC6000 l asked for a refund because I didn't want to have another broken watch and no repair available. It's been an entire month for a refund. He isn't answering anymore after initially asking for 3-10 days. I am pretty sure I have been scammed.

Private conversations removed

I have contacted RWI which was of no help. They've washed their hands from this situation.

May this serve as a warning to anybody looking to buy a rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I have contacted RWI which was of no help. They've washed their hands from this situation.

May this serve as a warning to anybody looking to buy a rep.
1: Thanks for your review. Member feedback is key to ensuring our TDs maintain the highest of standards.

2: You don't publish private conversations without permission so they have been removed.

2: You ordered 31st May & you joined 2nd June, but I'll repeat so it is crystal clear.

RWI is not the internet's Help desk.

I'll tag @hontwatch so he/they can comment as only fair to get both sides.

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
1: Thanks for your review. Member feedback is key to ensuring our TDs maintain the highest of standards.

2: You don't publish private conversations without permission so they have been removed.

2: You ordered 31st May & you joined 2nd June, but I'll repeat so it is crystal clear.

RWI is not the internet's Help desk.

I'll tag @hontwatch so he/they can comment as only fair to get both sides.
No problem, as I said, thank you for your help. I still don’t believe a 3-day difference in signing up to the forum should make a change on mods doing their jobs in terms of vetting a TRUSTED DEALER.

If he doesn’t refund me and keeps my 518$ he should be stripped of his TD status. TDs should play by the rules.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
No problem, as I said, thank you for your help. I still don’t believe a 3-day difference in signing up to the forum should make a change on mods doing their jobs in terms of vetting a TRUSTED DEALER.

If he doesn’t refund me and keeps my 518$ he should be stripped of his TD status. TDs should play by the rules.
Mods doing their jobs? Are you paying staff or hell, even contributing to the forum financially in any form? Let me answer that for you- you’re doing none of the above. I suggest you get that stick out your and start realising we’re not reddits help desk as I’m sure you’re coming from there. It’s clear as can be, we will render help and assistance where we can for RWI members. You haven’t been a member at the time of purchase? Sorry but not sorry you’re SOL.

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
I'm sure you'll get your money back but a dial being too grey is not a QC issue, it's a research issue. You seem like a treat. 🙄
It was the white dial version of the watch and he gave me QC pics where you could see the dial was grey. I didn’t order a grey one and made him know my concern respectfully.

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
Am I the only one who now wants Hont to keep the money!
Thank you for showing your true faces. It shows how people here only care about scamming instead of running a good community about people who love watches like myself.

I have 5 gen and bought these 2 reps as a start. I guess I’ll keep buying gens instead of giving money to crooks.

fnfalguy

Patron
Certified
22/2/24
It is not acceptable for anyone to scam anyone. I am waiting to hear from Hont to see what his side is as my purchases from him have been without issue. I’m more referring to coming to the forum after the fact, expecting the mods to step into your affairs to help you and then you making demands as to what they should do based on your word alone.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Bought from Hont plenty of times, as has A LOT of other people. I've never had any issues. Of course he can make mistakes but I've never seen anyone be actually scammed. It's not worth it to TDs to keep your 500 bucks. If you cancelled the sale you'll get your money back.

Stick to gens, I don't think this is the hobby for you.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
It shows how people here only care about scamming instead of running a good community about people who love watches like myself.
RWI and all the members here take scamming very seriously and those who do it get punished. Should take a look at " The Brig " and see what happens to those members and all the personal information that gets released for the whole world to see.

You talk about community but obviously know nothing about what that word means because you have done zero contribution here other then to join RWI to complain about a TD.

You have had two moderators tell you that RWI will not help with your problem because you were not a member here when you ordered your watch and you still kept on complaining about not getting any assistance from RWI. When you go back to Reddit and cry that the mean RWI staff will not help you, can you also let all your fellow Reddit losers not to come here begging for help.

There is too many of you Reddit users that join here before making an order so they can get protection if anything goes wrong and never contribute or even heard from ever again. Ohhh and on a side note: tell them to keep that feaching alignment tool away from here...

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
It is not acceptable for anyone to scam anyone. I am waiting to hear from Hont to see what his side is as my purchases from him have been without issue. I’m more referring to coming to the forum after the fact, expecting the mods to step into your affairs to help you and then you making demands as to what they should do based on your word alone.
Here is the thing. I have posted the conversation screenshots to show everybody that I am in the right. Like 100% right. I am not making demands, I am saying that if there are rules about TDs having to respond to these problems, then those rules should be followed and TDs should be removed if any customer is scammed.

If I’m allowed to post the screenshots I will. I am not looking to go against the rules. I have posted them in reddit though and the post is going viral because the treatment has been crazy. The guy (Hont) is clearly stringing me along for the refund, telling me multiple times refund is done, is it ok to refund, refund in 1-2 days, refund in 3-10 days, etc etc and I have never received anything.

Reactions: wordwide

mwp1971

Getting To Know The Place
26/5/24
Mods doing their jobs? Are you paying staff or hell, even contributing to the forum financially in any form? Let me answer that for you- you’re doing none of the above. I suggest you get that stick out your and start realising we’re not reddits help desk as I’m sure you’re coming from there. It’s clear as can be, we will render help and assistance where we can for RWI members. You haven’t been a member at the time of purchase? Sorry but not sorry you’re SOL.
I was following along and was feeling the pain, sort of, for the op...... But asking for RWI's help after joining.... I equate this to having a motor vehicle accident THEN PURCHASING AUTO INSURANCE. Sorry OP, but I have to side with QueTip, on this. I hope you get the resolution that you seek. I have seen enough negative reviews on some TDs, and I am glad I used others. Good luck!

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
I was following along and was feeling the pain, sort of, for the op...... But asking for RWI's help after joining.... I equate this to having a motor vehicle accident THEN PURCHASING AUTO INSURANCE. Sorry OP, but I have to side with QueTip, on this. I hope you get the resolution that you seek. I have seen enough negative reviews on some TDs, and I am glad I used others. Good luck!
Thank you man and I get that but I didn’t know any support was contingent on me being signed up here before even though I have been using this forum a few months.

mwp1971

Getting To Know The Place
26/5/24
RWI and all the members here take scamming very seriously and those who do it get punished. Should take a look at " The Brig " and see what happens to those members and all the personal information that gets released for the whole world to see.

You talk about community but obviously know nothing about what that word means because you have done zero contribution here other then to join RWI to complain about a TD.

You have had two moderators tell you that RWI will not help with your problem because you were not a member here when you ordered your watch and you still kept on complaining about not getting any assistance from RWI. When you go back to Reddit and cry that the mean RWI staff will not help you, can you also let all your fellow Reddit losers not to come here begging for help.

There is too many of you Reddit users that join here before making an order so they can get protection if anything goes wrong and never contribute or even heard from ever again. Ohhh and on a side note: tell them to keep that feaching alignment tool away from here.

Thank you man and I get that but I didn’t know any support was contingent on me being signed up here before even though I have been using this forum a few months.
Seems I saw it somewhere on this forum about being a member first.... there is just so much to take in when new. Best of luck!