• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
My sight is quite complicated - high near and far sight with astigmatism. I ordered free form progressive lenses - both with and without photochromic.
All of their lenses have been outstanding - perfect power, perfect fitting. Easily compared with any brand name lenses, at lower than half price.

Good to hear. I will try them on that basis.
:)

For identifying how they look on you, If you are going to fit the lens to a rep frame, you can take note of the model and try the gen in a store.

Perhaps easier said than done. However I may risk it anyway, as the price is low enough to take a chance. I can always use a second pair.

Thanks for your input!

joncoyle

14/8/15
Sry bad photo of mine, yours has that textured material on the pad. Mine is just the shiny material and slides off my shoulder.
I don't use mine as a carry on but if I did that would bug me.

Yours is smooth on both sides?
I think the idea is that it's padded and also has good grip - to stop it sliding off the shoulder. I would presume that's a benefit, I know it is to me :)

joncoyle

14/8/15
Did you really quote all the photos to just ask for a link? Take that out next time....

Lol, I presume it annoys you because it adds unnecessary clutter to the thread, but your post is doing exactly the same thing.

(and now mine is doing it even more haha)

otgrider

Known Member
19/2/14
Lol, I presume it annoys you because it adds unnecessary clutter to the thread, but your post is doing exactly the same thing.

+1[emoji1]

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

umirza85

12/6/15
So my 54mm Tortoise Shell Raybans with brown lenses came this morning.

My only issue and maybe I need to check out the Gen's closer is the arms are not even with the front of the glasses... It's like the the face is over sized and the forgot to make bigger arms.

8dd7a3fd164d20ba40f4f8ca3bf65c5c.jpg
9c26105ab6663b27d1bed197f4a12b8f.jpg
b40134e8ac54c0aa3f1ae2a63c13da81.jpg
b42931e7becf9f22236ba5946c91f38b.jpg

8da31e8564fe67f4bd98742b73d374dc.jpg

This is what I am talking about with the face and arms
45de7f2a85a94885b7389e4bfe4a48a0.jpg
85abddf03939d48d2593c5faf9fc4ba7.jpg
f114786a27af2c1d2467571a056d350a.jpg
7d2c0b73af99a48ddfe0aebaa4b32767.jpg

Sorry about the pics and lighting but I am sitting in a Starbucks enjoying a coffee and my Raybans haha
They are nice quality, weight is nice and hinges are solid. Need to do a little more reading about the face and arm thing

**** after some reading and checking out Raybans website the Original Wayfarers are supposed to be like this....
I am very happy with this purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be the angle making it seem worse, but the gen's also have a bit of an overlap with the face and the arms.

Whit27

28/11/12
Did you really quote all the photos to just ask for a link? Take that out next time....

I can't imagine how this adds clutter.
Hey can you send me a link for A, B and C!!! And I will PM you seven thousand more times if you don't send these links to me even if they are dead!
[emoji16]

Gents this thread is for reference to help people get some decent quality stuff off AE.
Who cares if they quote the pics or they don't.

Is your thumb getting tired or your eyes can't handle the resolution of the pictures?

Do you complain at your local stores when people post to many flyers on the bulletin board? Or yell at the mailman for putting marketing stuff in your box?

Oh wait do you reply in all CAPS to Prince Farhan Jasmin when they want to send you $1,00,000,000,000+ telling them please stop sending this to me!!!!!!!

I bet you don't, so just scroll on by and if you don't have something productive to add to this thread please refrain from hitting the quote or reply button as WE DON'T want to hear how you think the thread needs rules or regulations!

Mic Drop and Peace out!

Whit27

28/11/12
It could be the angle making it seem worse, but the gen's also have a bit of an overlap with the face and the arms.

Ya I went on Raybans website and they seem to have the same look and finish how the arms meet up to the face.

So until I can walk into a place that sells Raybans and compare side by side, I am happy with these and the quality and weight is amazing.

Cheers

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
Wow this thread has blown up since I last browsed it. Any tips on finding clothes? I'm specifically looking for a nike hoodie but I can't figure out the "codeword" used for counterfeit nikes lol

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16

AH yes, what an insightful post. I should be subject to the same strict repercussions faced by those who complain when a debate is off topic, and cops who speed when chasing after baddies.

I can't imagine how this adds clutter.
Hey can you send me a link for A, B and C!!! And I will PM you seven thousand more times if you don't send these links to me even if they are dead!
[emoji16]

Gents this thread is for reference to help people get some decent quality stuff off AE.
Who cares if they quote the pics or they don't.

Is your thumb getting tired or your eyes can't handle the resolution of the pictures?

Do you complain at your local stores when people post to many flyers on the bulletin board? Or yell at the mailman for putting marketing stuff in your box?

Oh wait do you reply in all CAPS to Prince Farhan Jasmin when they want to send you $1,00,000,000,000+ telling them please stop sending this to me!!!!!!!

I bet you don't, so just scroll on by and if you don't have something productive to add to this thread please refrain from hitting the quote or reply button as WE DON'T want to hear how you think the thread needs rules or regulations!

Mic Drop and Peace out!

I'm not sure I understand your first point, because asking for a link isn't a big deal, shitposting the quote including a dozen photos in the process is obnoxious and considered poor netiquette. Quoting the photos accomplishes nothing for the poster, and only inconveniences others... When a page is 90% of scrolling for the same post quoted repeatedly it is quite irritating. I don't really care if you don't want to hear my complaint about it, because I don't want to see the photos. Seems we are in a predicament.

Also hilarious, the guy who quoted the entire rayban post to add his 2c.

Anyway, to keep this on topic I received an NBA jersey yesterday that I paid $10 for and am quite pleased, and also got that $10 two pack of MB pens. Less enthused with the pens since they are a bit thick grip-wise for my taste (prefer zebra g-301 currently).

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
It's called netiquette, if you break it..well you act like an IT troglodyte. I speak for myself, i kindly ask not to quote 25 photos just to say "link please".

They keep doing it, they keep being troglodytes.

InTopic: got a pair of Socfly 3.0 all black.. super light shoes. Will post photos when I have time

lt112

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/15
Anyone have any links for Burberry Polo's? I've tried searching the thread, but it turned up tons of results for scarves and what not. Thanks!

adhya

23/5/12
Good to hear. I will try them on that

I suggest "free form" progressive/verifocal lenses over normal ones. They are much superior.

Sometimes it is called "inside" or "interior" progressive lenses in China.

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Oh Hell... I feel like wasting some of this netiquette! not gonna post a bunch of pictures or run on about:

"I'm not sure I understand your first point, because asking for a link isn't a big deal, shitposting the quote including a dozen photos in the process is obnoxious and considered poor netiquette. Quoting the photos accomplishes nothing for the poster, and only inconveniences others... When a page is 90% of scrolling for the same post quoted repeatedly it is quite irritating. I don't really care if you don't want to hear my complaint about it, because I don't want to see the photos. Seems we are in a predicament."

Cause this is crap! It comes from someone that hasn't been asked over and over and OVER!!! for links in posts and PMs. Not a big deal? stick around awhile or speak after you've been here as long as my mates joncoyle, Whit and Filo have been.

I am REALLY sorry that pushing that little wheel on your mouse causes you to experience shitpost after affect, obnoxious insult to your perfect netiquette and grave inconvenience!

Hope you find all you want without our help and get all you deserve:asshat:

For the rest of Y'all much love and respect! Now go buy something you cheap bastards :drinks_cheers:

Arsene2000

9/1/15
Keepall 45, 50 or 55... This is the question (as carry on luggage)

Suncoast

29/6/12
Oh Hell... I feel like wasting some of this netiquette! not gonna post a bunch of pictures or run on about:

"I'm not sure I understand your first point, because asking for a link isn't a big deal, shitposting the quote including a dozen photos in the process is obnoxious and considered poor netiquette. Quoting the photos accomplishes nothing for the poster, and only inconveniences others... When a page is 90% of scrolling for the same post quoted repeatedly it is quite irritating. I don't really care if you don't want to hear my complaint about it, because I don't want to see the photos. Seems we are in a predicament."

Cause this is crap! It comes from someone that hasn't been asked over and over and OVER!!! for links in posts and PMs. Not a big deal? stick around awhile or speak after you've been here as long as my mates joncoyle, Whit and Filo have been.

I am REALLY sorry that pushing that little wheel on your mouse causes you to experience shitpost after affect, obnoxious insult to your perfect netiquette and grave inconvenience!

Hope you find all you want without our help and get all you deserve:asshat:

For the rest of Y'all much love and respect! Now go buy something you cheap bastards :drinks_cheers:
I hear Ya, if you make a new prurchase and want to post pics, please do, along with a link if possible, links come and go, but if you are interested in an item a member has purchased just quote the text and hopefully the member will be able to post a link or shed some details on their purchase. Scrolling through tons od quoted pics only uses up our hosts bandwith which could be better utilized posting pics of WATCHES!!! Pleae be conscious of this when requesting info!!!