• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
[MENTION=116344]ndrew19[/MENTION] it does affect the accuracy of your automatic watches. Its such a weak magnetic field,but for a long times it can cause some trouble. Or u could just buy a demagnetizer to fix the problem when it occurred.

Sent from my Heart using Slap-a-talk

chinachinaman

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/15
[MENTION=116344]ndrew19[/MENTION] it does affect the accuracy of your automatic watches. Its such a weak magnetic field,but for a long times it can cause some trouble. Or u could just buy a demagnetizer to fix the problem when it occurred.

Sent from my Heart using Slap-a-talk
Not to worry. I'll wear it on my other hand then. Thanks for the heads up [emoji16]

-Andrew

joncoyle

14/8/15
It Looks really great mate. Don't know if i should order from old cobbler or tk fashion..
Did the initials cost you extra?

I went with Cobbler,
Yeah initials were $10, you have to buy them on a separate listing from his store.
He posted with China Post and it still only took 12 days to arrive from date of order.

umirza85

12/6/15
I went with Cobbler,
Yeah initials were $10, you have to buy them on a separate listing from his store.
He posted with China Post and it still only took 12 days to arrive from date of order.

Could I get a link to the store please? Not sure how to search for stores.

Dakov

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/15
EU
Hey!

Does anyone know of any AE shops selling glasses? With lenses!

I found the store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1243375 here on this thread and tried to contact the seller without any responses in about two weeks. Looking for Thom Browne and Oliver People glasses!

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I co
That's where I bought my oliver people with prescription lenses. Great service and quality. Just write them again.

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
Is it only me that is wary of buying stuff like progressive lens, food or anything else sensitive from China?

I mean this is a place where even eggs and milk powder can be fake and people get poisoned eating those and while food is not the best analogy to use to compare to lens, but you get my drift. I am just a tad wary to get started on lens and sunglasses too.

Maybe it is just me, but anyone wanna share your experiences with the lenses?

umirza85

12/6/15
Is it only me that is wary of buying stuff like progressive lens, food or anything else sensitive from China?

I mean this is a place where even eggs and milk powder can be fake and people get poisoned eating those and while food is not the best analogy to use to compare to lens, but you get my drift. I am just a tad wary to get started on lens and sunglasses too.

Maybe it is just me, but anyone wanna share your experiences with the lenses?

The machines they use to make the lenses are probably the same (if not better) than the ones used here. Its all just numbers plugged into a machine that makes the lense.

The thing you would most need to worry about is UV protection, you can guarantee your Ray Ban's bought here have UV protection in the lenses....but can you guarantee the Chinese reps have the same coating??...on the more expensive ones sure, but still...

Tb1991

16/1/12
Don't know if anyone from UK on here has seen an Instagram account called 'InstaEssexBrands' it's basically some bloke who bulk buys from Ali and sells it for almost gen price on some items, couldn't believe it when the Mrs showed me...

joncoyle

14/8/15
Don't know if anyone from UK on here has seen an Instagram account called 'InstaEssexBrands' it's basically some bloke who bulk buys from Ali and sells it for almost gen price on some items, couldn't believe it when the Mrs showed me...

Just checked, he must be making a killing!!

Tb1991

16/1/12
I know, £105 for Yeezy's. Eva and Jessie do these for £55 (ish) so he's just sticking 50% on. Wonder if he follows this thread as it seems the stone island jumpers we were discussing around christmas are now stocked!

joncoyle

14/8/15
I know, £105 for Yeezy's. Eva and Jessie do these for £55 (ish) so he's just sticking 50% on. Wonder if he follows this thread as it seems the stone island jumpers we were discussing around christmas are now stocked!

Was thinking exactly the same, and Goyard Card Holders. Quite a random mix of thinks if it's just a coincidence

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10

My grabs from Aliexpress. Watch is from Ryan from intime.

-Andrew

I've just bought 4 knives. Two spyderco's, a buck and a browning.

Will post pics when they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk