• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

patek philippe reps?

DivinePowers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/14
A general hello to all as this is my first post!
I am wondering if anyone has had or seen a really good quality replica of the pateke philipe complications watch with the gold engraved case and blue dial with universe artwork? Do replicas of these types of watches have any good movements?
Thanks

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
You sure, you can wear a replica of $1,400,000 watch?

DivinePowers

7/1/14
Why? You think youl have to live to the watch or what? I just lke the night sky on the background more than anything else! But i get it the waiter might start expecting huge tips etc... lol

smokiedabong

22/8/12
You sure, you can wear a replica of $1,400,000 watch?

Like somebody's gonna know what that watch is. How many times was your Patek moonphase recognized in the wild?

BTW, now that this thread was opened in the general section, I posted this few days ago in the Patek section, but I have a bigger chance of finding a living being on Mars than in that section. Anyone seen a rep of the 3970J or has a pic of one? Doesn't have to be well made, just curious if there is one.

Patek-Philippe-18k-Y-G-Perpetual-Calendar-Moonphase-B-P-3970J[4].jpg

Luthier

30/9/09
All depend, where do you live. I bump in the guys with gen. Pateks quite often. And that's why I'd never wear my SkyMoon Patek.
Closest to your 3970J is these ones:

DivinePowers

7/1/14
Where did you gentlemen get a hold of the good quality of these, i have only seen rubbish copies

Tysodrum

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/8/10
Yeah, I was/am kind of obsessed with PP complications. The SkyMoon is really a joke and it feels that way too. Maybe a better strap (like on all reps) would help but you can see it. The best is the go with the ST-19 movements like the closest they can get of the 5970... I do like that one and when I put it on a gen strap it really took on a life. But the 21j all the features are all mixed up, it's kind of annoying...it's close but yet so far away. I wish they would just get the details down like they do with Rolex or AP etc...instead of creating them on their own as a fantasy. Some really can't handle the faux features either... But to each his own...

Sorry best pic I have on phone now...
mehy6ysu.jpg

Gen:
upy3e8er.jpg

Luthier

30/9/09
There's no such a movements in China to follow the gen. PP closely. Rolex, Omega, etc - easy to copy, 3 hands, that's it. PP's complications - impossible.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I know this looks more like a Breguet, but I love it...Real working Moonphase. Not an am/pm indicator.

IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_05177.jpg

Tysodrum

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/8/10
Better photo here...

And Luth is right...however, some aren't bothered by faux or fantasy... :)

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
I do not mind the least bit if they're fantasies, as long as the dials are as interesting as the ST-19. And that one ^ surely is...

Luthier

30/9/09
I know this looks more like a Breguet, but I love it...Real working Moonphase. Not an am/pm indicator.

IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_05177.jpg
You have a watch with rare ST-1908 movement. Very good one. Made by Tiajin Seagull factory.

Tysodrum

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/8/10
I have this as well...Supposed to be a PP 5004- It's a 21j day/night as the moonphase big second hand is constant seconds along with @9 dial. Also has a functioning Date at 6 and month/year that function properly.
In no way would you ever see this correctly compared to the 100k+ gen obviously but it's fun!

Cons: way too big compared to the Gen. It's about 42mm maybe..gen is around 36? I think.

Moonphase albeit working as a different function, it's kinda lame being silver--you can't really see it.

The movement is really fragile. I had a gold one and it broke rather quickly (and I'm fussy and careful)

Pros:
cheap! ;)
Still looks pretty cool!
I had a custom gen strap made for it and like all, made it 100x better!
Even though it's too big the clasp is so cool I think... But I'm kinda obsessed with pp :/

Here's mine:
4e6e3y7y.jpg

And gen:
ja5e3uqa.jpg

yny8u4u9.jpg

Pretty laughable but ah well...good stuff.