• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Tried to order G-Shock, but two most popular sellers said, that they have only 'S-Shock' as shown on their pictures :-(.

Some of those must be a G....seems easy to photoshop a G into an S.

I ordered two g shocks still waiting for them to arrive.. Only been two weeks. Care for the link?? Or do you want me to wait to post pictures first!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CycleBuyer

15/7/13
I like various helmets, and I have two Arais right now, and they both fit great. I've had them for years. I was looking for replacement stickers, so I serached "Arai" on Ali... I am terrified to report that they did seem to offer knockoff helmets. I really hope nobody buys those. A $75 helmet will be very safe and differ from my more expensive helmets mostly in fit and finish, not safety. The knockoffs neither look like a gen, nor can I imagine any sort of scenario where anyone has "tested" them in the real world and is now able to actually offer impressions to us (perhaps to St. Peter, but not to us). Sigh...

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
I wouldn't even do a lap around the yard in a rep helmet. That's crazy. However, I'm not surprised that the reps exist. Arais and Shoeis aren't cheap and all the cool kids are wearing them.

CycleBuyer

15/7/13
I wouldn't even do a lap around the yard in a rep helmet. That's crazy. However, I'm not surprised that the reps exist. Arais and Shoeis aren't cheap and all the cool kids are wearing them.

It's almost demoralizing. A nice entry level Scorpion or Bell is a terrific helmet. I'd buy one tomorrow morning and be very confident, rather than pay the same money for a piece of garbage and then trust it with my life.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
The wife has just received this Michael Kors bag. She really rates it and can't seem to find any faults. Cost about $25 and took 2 weeks to UK. She's ordered another 2 since.
1df9846a4082014c0b82f06270fa2b61.jpg

5bf4c93d237a55d4cb590ca269427e0d.jpg

260195e49188cbac5a28324f13fec2ff.jpg

b9c9d9acf59abed2e72e08a6d66d6c6f.jpg

d86fc84122f0dbaedd240117589405b0.jpg

4b97a37270ec5c0ab6a92b403e242fc7.jpg

65dce5c1e0ea5e9cf126cd6573733c96.jpg

e898f0aa97d656f1a691341293f525a1.jpg

6932114822774b87018e2e96f9a61193.jpg

9196f1cda63ac5a02f64ea1dc8ef1f49.jpg

cmaster

6/9/13
I've not ordered from Ali before, but looking through this thread it might be worth a punt.

I'm thinking some mb cufflinks and maybe a fountain pen.
Can anyone recommend a solid seller for these?

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I like various helmets, and I have two Arais right now, and they both fit great. I've had them for years. ... Sigh...

This is something you really should be worried about too! the internal of any helmet has a 'shelf' life too, the general consensus is that they should be replaced after 5 years as the integrity of the internal packing can shrink and thus the helmet becomes not very protective. Of course most people ignore this and think that it is just marketing...BUT i know i would not want to trust an old helmet if i was unfortunate enough to come off my bike and hit my head.

ZTS

28/5/10
I've not ordered from Ali before, but looking through this thread it might be worth a punt.

I'm thinking some mb cufflinks and maybe a fountain pen.
Can anyone recommend a solid seller for these?

To find a decent seller just type the product you are looking for then refine the search by clicking the top rated button in search preferences. Look for anyone with a high feedback, a few medals or diamonds next to there seller name.

CycleBuyer

15/7/13
This is something you really should be worried about too! the internal of any helmet has a 'shelf' life too, the general consensus is that they should be replaced after 5 years as the integrity of the internal packing can shrink and thus the helmet becomes not very protective. Of course most people ignore this and think that it is just marketing...BUT i know i would not want to trust an old helmet if i was unfortunate enough to come off my bike and hit my head.

Manufacturer guarantees are up to seven years depending on brand (I will not buy nor mention the 7-year brand for unrelated reasons; it exists and is popular and competent nonetheless). The implication is that actual useful life is longer, particularly if the helmet was not worn initially (say, an older new-old-stock unit etc.). There are no data available to the public to indicate there is any shelf life whatsoever, particularly if a helmet literally sits on a shelf. The main advantage to recent designs is better technology that takes advantage of materials advances, design advances, and whatever data the makers collected in the meantime -- data that nobody is sharing with us.

All this doesn't mean I'd buy a knockoff from Ali though...

Anyway, off topic.

Back on: Can anyone recommend a Persol seller? Searching PR714 yields prices that approach genunine article cost, and the frames are all small. Anybody found a LARGE frame option? TIA!

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
Let us know how those pan out. I may have to place an order soon for some pens
Lol, there are about 30-40 post in this thread that talk about the same MB Pens that poster is ordering, why wait for their review

vigilantejosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/15
I like various helmets, and I have two Arais right now, and they both fit great. I've had them for years. I was looking for replacement stickers, so I serached "Arai" on Ali... I am terrified to report that they did seem to offer knockoff helmets. I really hope nobody buys those. A $75 helmet will be very safe and differ from my more expensive helmets mostly in fit and finish, not safety. The knockoffs neither look like a gen, nor can I imagine any sort of scenario where anyone has "tested" them in the real world and is now able to actually offer impressions to us (perhaps to St. Peter, but not to us). Sigh...
A friend of mine had a reasonably serious motorbike accident several years ago. Got collected by a car, ended up about 4mtrs off the ground and travelled through the air approx 10mtrs wearing a knock off helmet (with knockoff certification stickers) from eBay... He was fine... Well apart from broken collarbone, broken arm, punctured lung, internal bleeding, broken knee and all ligaments.

I wouldn't suggest wearing one (a knockoff) though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Never use replicas when it comes to safety issues: Climbing gear, SCUBA equipment (including dive watches), rescue equipment, medical equipment, and serious protection gear exceeding the needs of rollerbladers. I thought that was plain common sense...

You might be lucky with a replicated item, but would you bet your life on that?

Similarly all chinese food items such as silicone kitchen equipment or plastics - be aware that they will write BPA-free and put all kinds of logos on the box just to sell.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
It's almost demoralizing. A nice entry level Scorpion or Bell is a terrific helmet. I'd buy one tomorrow morning and be very confident, rather than pay the same money for a piece of garbage and then trust it with my life.

I can only highly recommend getting a Schuberth. The S1 has saved my skull some time ago in a bad crash.

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
Lol, there are about 30-40 post in this thread that talk about the same MB Pens that poster is ordering, why wait for their review

Not that I don't trust the forum. But I trust his judgement a little more.

WilsonWilson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/15
Here mine arrived today after 24 days (DE)

0e5f05984933e411643fdbdd319b17ed.jpg

607799c9b44585dfe9ae5d64e5e55142.jpg

ad63a83edd6e4240c8d568088c7e1009.jpg

2307e200bc03e4f63c31fcad2623c06e.jpg

Products are well done and I'm happy. Independently from the seller I think are always the same pens. Anyway the gray one is super, the weight is close the gen. The black a bit lighter