• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
This is the Ali picture of my new one that has black with silver buckle. They come in a standard large length and you cut it to correct size. It's supple and the buckle is of better quality. (15 quid) . Cost seems to be relative to quality in my experience .
3d03c36e73bce477cb2736f1fb6b5521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you share a link to the second belt please! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Here you are. I've just searched the title.

http://aliexpress.com/item/Hallowee...performance-wear-game-service/1636903636.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you see Kay

Respected Member
26/1/09
You gotta pry off the MB button off the edge of that buckle. The gen does not have it there. Only on the metal "keeper"

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Belt pics and review as promised:

Pros:
- Looks good when you are wearing it
- Price is awesome (Around $15)
- LV logo from the front looks pretty decent

Cons:
- Definitely not leather (Front or back)
- Smells like chemicals and Rubber
- Feels like rubber/plastic/pleather to the touch
- Upon close inspection, the edges of the back portion of the clasp/logo are poorly finished
- Edges of the belt are sealed with rubber (Similar to the way straps are) but there is excess rubber, had to go over it a few times to take the extra rubber off.

On to the pics:

LV%2BBelt%2B1.JPG

LV%2BBelt%2B2.JPG

LV%2BBelt%2B3.JPG

LV%2BBelt%2B4.JPG

LV%2BBelt%2B6.JPG

LV%2BBelt%2B5.JPG

A couple of things I've learned of AliEx 1) The LV belts are made in Spain not France. 2) If you order clothing, read entire page, size is usually Asian, not US....They are like 3 sizes smaller.

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
@rek0001 - try Goy or plug in the item number from Goyard into the search field at AE. I found one seller but they dont have too many reviews so ... little risky.

I think we are waiting on MOD approval to post links. Soon as they give the go ahead, we will post them here.

One thing to think about is I have had saved links for items I was looking into and a few days past and the link was no good. Seems they move merch around and list same item multi times with different prices.

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
How are the fountain pens compared to low or moderately priced gens like Cross or others? Do these replica fountain pens clog, leak or gum up like cheap fountain pens do? I had a low priced fountain pen and even a moderately priced Cross fountain pen and they were both pure crap. They would clog, dry out, and become useless even with brand new cartridges. I'd rather use a 50 cent Uniball gel pen than a sh#tty fountain pen. If these are nice, however, then I'm definitely interested.

I've purchased several MB fountains and Rollerballs and GEN MB ink and refills. All write smooothhh. Especially the fountains.

hurricane1

Getting To Know The Place
15/5/15
Just note on the canvas panels, they don't come framed. Figure another $40-$150 to get them on frames, depending on the size and method.

Look in to http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_shop/219/ to ballpark what it's gonna cost to DIY. Double or triple the cost of materials if you decide to take the canvas to a shop to get framed.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12

alexjustdoit

8/6/13
I find Aliexpress quite good for a variety of knick knacks. Personally, I buy a lot of soccer jerseys there. They're of decent enough quality, you can get a custom name/number, look pretty close to the actual club/national jersey, and usually around 15$

m07h80

27/11/14
The MB pen I ordered has been dispatched. See how long it takes to get here.

yakon_88

Renowned Member
24/4/14
Guys I ordered some Nike shoes and they have been send. I got a tracking number but I don't know how to check it... Is this normal?

J_North

14/1/15
Don't expect very detailed tracking tough, it'll update a few times when it's being sorted and leaving China. After that you will have to wait like two weeks and it'll pop up at your doorstep.