• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

D

d4m.test

My MB Meisterstuck arrived today, I'm pretty happy considering the price.....
8c0d8c6dda7201eb29b15d4ebc8b796c.jpg
a5234d2732c881eb471619cfb3c23df2.jpg
ff2a837cc41d790c4c6db789c7adeac6.jpg
a4d8bc45a98e5861c848292fe7085a07.jpg
e17ee76f71aefe73769c3c4bbbfd8128.jpg
b5bb432c4a2511b4a110845ce959b4d8.jpg

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I'd love to get pens.. But they'd be stolen at my place of work be accident all the time.. Borrowing on my desk then forget and walk away.. Maybe I'll give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
I'd love to get pens.. But they'd be stolen at my place of work be accident all the time.. Borrowing on my desk then forget and walk away.. Maybe I'll give it a shot

So you work for the government? :laugh:

C124

Renowned Member
Certified
25/11/14
England
So having withdrawals of no packages to look forward to I found myself scouring ALi again. I have bought some 'Nike' roshe trainers for the gym, I have an overpronounced gait ( my feet point outwards when I run) , I get special stability trainers for cardio so these are strictly for the weights. They have an modified Nike tick logo on the Ali page but a link takes you to the proper pictures and all looks good so I'm willing to risk it for ~20 bucks. I also have a Hermes iPhone case coming - thanks [MENTION=52234]Ruski91[/MENTION] for the heads up on that.

SteveSS

Getting To Know The Place
19/2/14
I was looking to see if they had scale models. I'm into 1/8th Die cast car models. A sex doll thing came up. Very pretty but a little over $1,000 US. Must be a dang good one. I've ordered some stuff this week, watches car leaning etc.. How log does it usually take? I think I'll buy more but we are planning a big surprise gift for my daughter. She will be 24. Time for her first play toy car. She loves the Transformer movies especially the first one whit the 70's style Bumble Bee. We created it except for a few bits like better 60's small black Chevy. and and Edebrock 4 barrel. Not fast but sounds and looks great.

xocomaox

Getting To Know The Place
8/4/12
You make a fair point about gen VS rep knives.

However let me ask you a question (you're probably qualified to answer as you seem to know a bit about knives).
What do you think the difference is between a $20 Ganzo G704 and a replica spyderco?

I ask because I've seen a video review of the Ganzo G704 in HARD conditions and it seemed to perform extremely well. And I probably will never use it to THAT extent.
I've read some very good reviews of that particular knife, so I can say that it seems to be a great budget buy. I do not know anything of the quality control with them, though. That is where I would gave skepticism. Like another person said, go with brands you trust.

I look at steel used (for sharpening and what can hold an edge well) as well as verified craftsmanship and quality control. These are things established brands will prove to you. They are not making designer knives but a higher quality piece. Yes, there is some price inflation for branding, but they make some quality stuff.

Damn, I might need to pick up one of those G704's though. Just to see it for myself.

If you see Kay

Respected Member
26/1/09
Do not use Betty Xuan seller. Does not ship MB pens. I missed out of the deadline by a few hours to dispute so I couldn't do anything about it.

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
Do not use Betty Xuan seller. Does not ship MB pens. I missed out of the deadline by a few hours to dispute so I couldn't do anything about it.
Sorry to hear that. What a bummer. Not only did you lose the money, but you lost all of this time waiting for something that never showed up. You could have received something else by now. Grrr![emoji34]

Capt. Obvious

Respected Member
5/5/13
I've read some very good reviews of that particular knife, so I can say that it seems to be a great budget buy. I do not know anything of the quality control with them, though. That is where I would gave skepticism. Like another person said, go with brands you trust.

I look at steel used (for sharpening and what can hold an edge well) as well as verified craftsmanship and quality control. These are things established brands will prove to you. They are not making designer knives but a higher quality piece. Yes, there is some price inflation for branding, but they make some quality stuff.

Damn, I might need to pick up one of those G704's though. Just to see it for myself.
Ordered the Ganzo a couple of days ago, so will let you know how it does.

C124

Renowned Member
Certified
25/11/14
England
My black belt came today , it's of much better quality than the other one I ordered , I will post pics later .

This is my other one that is of poor quality, quite stiff and wrong logo (10 quid)
55740b71ad473d3a78503ee82abd8148.jpg

This is the Ali picture of my new one that has black with silver buckle. They come in a standard large length and you cut it to correct size. It's supple and the buckle is of better quality. (15 quid) . Cost seems to be relative to quality in my experience .
3d03c36e73bce477cb2736f1fb6b5521.jpg

MilgaussGV

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/8/13
This is the Ali picture of my new one that has black with silver buckle. They come in a standard large length and you cut it to correct size. It's supple and the buckle is of better quality. (15 quid) . Cost seems to be relative to quality in my experience .
3d03c36e73bce477cb2736f1fb6b5521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Could you share a link to the second belt please! :)