• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14
Jordan 23 Vince Carter 15 Ty Lawson 5 Larry Bird 33 The University of North Carolina UNC Men Blue White Basketball Jerseys
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jord...University-of-North-Carolina/32306488661.html

UNC Chapel Hill Basketball

Free shipping 10pieces=5 pairs=1 lot Sock slippers men summer thin invisible shallow mouth anti-odor Moccasins socks male
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...invisible-shallow-mouth-anti/32358786297.html

Waiting on the jersey! The socks fit my us12 feet so it would be good for those of you with big feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Cant believe this thread has already reached 96 pages. Well im being a bit lazy here, so dont shoot me please - but besides the lovely MB card holder above, can anyone point me in the direction of some nice card holders - LV, burberry, or something similar. No goyard though please.

I started searching the thread, but most of the link i found, the product is not available any longer.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Cant believe this thread has already reached 96 pages. Well im being a bit lazy here, so dont shoot me please - but besides the lovely MB card holder above, can anyone point me in the direction of some nice card holders - LV, burberry, or something similar. No goyard though please.

I started searching the thread, but most of the link i found, the product is not available any longer.

I'll see if my seller has it up still. Give me a little till I'm home!

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I hate to say it but this thread's gone to shit.

I dunno what that argument was about before but it was lame.

It's also annoying that the same products are being brought up over and over again and the same discussion happening over and over again.

I keep coming in here hoping to find something new and interesting and being disappointed.

It has got quite bland. I think it's because of all the fluff that's happening in it. I'm currently working on a solution as we speak, however I have an exam that I'm working on instead.. As well, yeah! Whoever allowed me to get another masters I should shoot. Seriously. I have three degrees, why another?

I think the hardest part of this is its fluff. I'm working on a solution to clean up it all, externally of course. But we will see what happens.

Dr.Ogba

Horology Curious
20/5/15

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15

Page 323, I've got a pictorial and link there

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
The leather on all three is buttery, soft, and smells quite nice. MB emblems aren't pointing upright, but I've seen gens like that too.
Try putting your finger tip on the emblem and twisting it- the wallet I got had the same problem but I was able to straighten the emblem up like this

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Thanks for that link darby - my page layout is different than yours and wanted to take a look at your pictorial, cant you tell me the post number?
Or just PM me your thoughts on this one, looks good to me, but is it leather, etc.

That would be post #3228

It's canvas and leather, like the gen. It's mostly the damier canvas material, which is lined with real leather. Keep in mind, it's mostly coated canvas material, just like the gen. The only leather is in the lining of the card pockets, the center pocket is unlined.

The canvas material is made by coating cotton cloth in PVC, and then stamped for texture and logos. This material has a chemical smell for the first couple days because the rep factories aren't gonna let it off gas, they just pack it up and send it out immediately. That goes away after you use it a bit though, so no worries.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Try putting your finger tip on the emblem and twisting it- the wallet I got had the same problem but I was able to straighten the emblem up like this

I gave that a shot at first, but it wouldn't budge. I'm not going to try any further, or I'll probably rip it off and ruin my gift haha

I've seen the logo in many different orientations, even in gen product shots, so I'm not worried about accuracy due to it anyway.

I'm curious about some of the bifold wallets, but I've already have a bunch, and I've spent way more than I ever should on ali

Thatman

2/11/14
So here's some of my haul and things I'm waiting on at the moment. I've been meaning to upload for a while but never got around to it. Here goes...

RayBans

these were my first pair I ordered, the link is down but the seller is still going strong and I can highly recommend them, the store can be found here

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1113252

New balance trainers, not great but paid about £13 for them, they've been of for a couple of months

link down but seller is still going but not selling these, if anyone wants the seller let me know.

I bought converse from from this seller, good seller and great shoes. Well worth the £12, I'm going to order more. The laces were poor quality but not that bad. I didn't take any photos before I trashed them in Ibiza, I haven't tried washing them yet, you can just wash and wash real converse in the washing machine and they come out brand new again. I'm not sure these will do that, but they are still holding up well. Available here...

www.aliexpress.com/store/1736558

i also received a Sunderland shirt which for the price is unbelievable. Really happy with this, had to order one size up

i ordered some 3D active shutter glasses, they work were shipped quickly from the uk. They are available here...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-G...asonic-Sony-Sharp-Samsung-LG/32320952271.html

i also bought a mulberry Bayswater for the missus, it was £120 and the quality was overall really nice, leather was good and didn't smell like crap when it came. However the colour is off and the attention to detail isn't great but she's happy with it.

Ive ordered a lot more but nothing you won't have seen before and all the links and stores are gone. Here's what I've got on order hopefully to come in in the next week or two, but as this is Ali, who knows.

I'm a hairdresser and I found some combs (is there nothing the Chinese won't copy?) that are £15+ through official stores, I love Woking with them, but the quality is crap and they always snap, so at these prices I've ordered a few to keep me going...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ys-p...-S-Park-335blue-professional/32282777991.html

My youngest sister is a Harry Potter fan, this popped up and thought it would make a good Christmas present...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...a-Diary-Book-Memos-For-Child/32277679007.html

And finally for tonight, I've just ordered 10 CK boxer shorts for a little over £13. If they are ok then that's brilliant value. Not really fussed by branded boxers but at that price had to bite.

And actually, I'm going to put an order in for a made to measure suit, I haven't decided on which one yet, but these are a couple ice been looking at...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blue...e-suits-Blazer-men-suits-for/32217125128.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...n-Wedding-Suit-Slim-Fit-Groom/2046453649.html

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Gracias

That would be post #3228

It's canvas and leather, like the gen. It's mostly the damier canvas material, which is lined with real leather. Keep in mind, it's mostly coated canvas material, just like the gen. The only leather is in the lining of the card pockets, the center pocket is unlined.

The canvas material is made by coating cotton cloth in PVC, and then stamped for texture and logos. This material has a chemical smell for the first couple days because the rep factories aren't gonna let it off gas, they just pack it up and send it out immediately. That goes away after you use it a bit though, so no worries.

ossi

30/4/15
I gave that a shot at first, but it wouldn't budge. I'm not going to try any further, or I'll probably rip it off and ruin my gift haha

I've seen the logo in many different orientations, even in gen product shots, so I'm not worried about accuracy due to it anyway.

I'm curious about some of the bifold wallets, but I've already have a bunch, and I've spent way more than I ever should on ali

My gen MB card holder looks almost the same. Also the logo. The only difference is the "engraving" on the back. Mine does not have that, its blank. Only in the inside where the cash goes!